Chapter Seven - Greetings Prince (II)

Hāo Jin Ding Gang was getting an immense headache.

First he'd come knowing the news about Gāo Yá Míngzhū entering the Hāo city supported by a beautiful man. Then when he arrived, the first thing that greeted him was a surprised and dangerous attack that lead him and his favourite concubine both being wet.

After that he'd dried both of them off with his qigong, then they had made their way in search for this little scum. Soon after they arrived in the desolated great hall of the Gāo's family, they'd been splashed with another round full of water! Hateful! Truly hateful! Hāo Jin Ding Gang, had never been so angered in his life.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū sat there smilingly at the rotten couple. Aiya, how'd she not know about their misfortune? "I would offer cousin and crown prince a seat. However, since my courtyard only contains one bench, and as the host to be so badly wounded I will have to ask for this crown prince and cousin's forgiveness," Gāo Yá Míngzhū studied both their expression carefully.

Hāo Jin Ding Gang frowned. Injured? This little scum claimed to be injured?! This prince's pride is injured, he asks for full compensation!

However, He Su Lim expression became dark. No one knew what she was thinking about.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled. Aiya. Was it these two? Must be these two. She hadn't been convinced, after all her suspicion always had ran high in the sky, "cousin, crown prince, father has gone to fetch some tea. I would have to trouble both of you to wait a little while longer." Hāo Jin Ding Gang's expression instantly matched He Su Lim's. Her father?!

Wasn't it rumoured that the Gāo great general had disappeared after he had ran after his wife? Leaving behind this months year old daughter in the grand mansion? Why was her father here?! Surely he couldn't have been hiding all these years, refusing to attend court? As Hāo Jin Ding Gang continue to think this, his expression became more black than a burnt pot.

At that moment Wan Fang Yi arrived back with tea and Lobelia flowers on a tray. he'd only bought three cups. Seeing the two people standing before his seated miss, Wan Fang Yi misunderstood. "Excuse me sir, miss!" Wan Fang Yi, saw He Su Lim and had thought that this time she'd bought a man to deal with his miss. Not able to stand at the side and watch he ran up to his miss, pushing He Su Lim slightly away, who stumbled in Hāo Jin Ding Gang's arms.

"Stupid servant!" He Su Lim called out of habit, only to realise that she was still in the presence of her husband. Quickly clearing her throat, she instantly began to shed fake tears, making her look extremely pitiful...only to Hāo Jin Ding Gang.

Hāo Jin Ding Gang turned to the scruffy, skinny man. A servant? A servant wants to mishandle his favourite concubine?! Fuming he gently pushed the weeping He Su Lim behind him and grabbed the sword from the side of his waist.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū seeing this had her expression darkened. This loyal servant...She looked at the small, frail old man standing in front of her with the tray of tea. Protecting her fearlessly. Tears formed in Gāo Yá Míngzhū unexpectedly. Instead of wiping it away, she'd let the large pearls fall from her eyes. Comparing the way Gāo Yá Míngzhū and He Su Lim cried, the gigantic white crystals that fell from Gāo Yá Míngzhū's eyes were far more superior and beautiful than He Su Lim's. Even when Hāo Jin Ding Gang saw this, his heart clenched tightly.

Standing from the bench, Gāo Yá Míngzhū grabbed hold of Wan Fang Yi's white robe. "F-father, I-I'm s-scared," her miserable and pitiful crying had made the sword in Hāo Jin Ding Gang's hand shake.

You're scared! Your sister is scared! Your whole family is scared! Startled Gāo Yá Míngzhū eyes widened slightly at the voice that sounded in her head. That voice! Where had she heard it from before?

Meanwhile, Hāo Jin Ding Gang was both sweating cold sweat and confused. This was the great general Gāo? When had he turned into such a sorry state? Surely there must have been a mistake somewhere.

He Su Lim, seeing her husband's dilemma decided to help out, "husband, that isn't general Gāo, my cousin must have been confused and controlled by this evil man since she has no parents!"

Ouch. Gāo Yá Míngzhū lips twitch. Can this bitch be anymore sharp tongue?

Hāo Jin Ding Gang now finally understood. "Filthy scum! You dare fool this prince?!"

Gāo Yá Míngzhū was bought back from his loud exclamations. Geez, how could this prince be the crown prince? Being easily lead around by this woman. This was the future Hāo's emperor?

Pitiful. The whole nation of Hāo is pitiful.

"You dare touch father?" The threatening soft voice that came out, was from no other than Gāo Yá Míngzhū.