Chapter Six - Greetings Prince (I)

Not soon after she'd washed and dressed in a new, clean set of white clothes that she'd got out of one of her mother's hidden trunk of dowry that her family loyal servant had hidden in secret from the greedy relatives, Gāo Yá Míngzhū leisurely walked around the over grown garden of the Gāo residence.

Wan Fang Yi also walked beside her, as he continued to support his young miss as she walked.

"Father, please go and prepare some herbal tea. We'll be having some visitors anytime soon." Wan Fang Yi's heart was slightly startled. The way his young miss spoke was filled with elegance just like an imperial princess, no even the empress!

"What guests would they be, are they possibly daughter's friends?" Gāo Yá Míngzhū gave him a slight smile as he lowered her onto a wooden bench facing the only surviving blossom tree in the whole courtyard. He then sat down beside her.

"Father, don't jest. Who would want to be a companion of someone such as I?" Wan Fang Yi waved his hands feeling a tinge of anger, standing up he exclaimed.

"Whoever bullies my daughter with have the nerve to step on my old bones first!" A smile bloomed on Gāo Yá Míngzhū pink lips as she grab hold of his arms, swinging it back and forth.

"Hurry father. Oh, also bring some Lobelia flowers *." Wan Fang Yi was confused.

"Why would daughter want such a common flower that grows on the roadside?" Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled.

Common flower? That common flower can easily trigger death when consumed in large quantities.

"Decorations father."

"Aiya, I see. Then leave it to father. Father will get it done right away, wait for father obediently here okay?" Wan Fang Yi dotingly patted her on the head then left without another word leaving his young miss leaning back against the bench.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū closed her eyes as she enjoyed the cool spring breeze. The poison in her body could only be diffused by acupuncture. The silver needles will be expensive. In addition the herbs needed would totally wipe out the remaining family fortune. Gāo Yá Míngzhū sighed. She'll have to endure the pain for a bit longer.

For now she needs to entertain some guests.

Sure enough minutes later she heard sound of stomping footsteps. The squelching of water could be heard. Curses were rung out as two figures appeared before her.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū didn't open her eyes. Rather she continued to act as if she's asleep.

The two people seeing this had their anger fueled to the highest level, "Gāo Yá Míngzhū!" A male voice yelled at her, so furious that he'd thought he'll explode. 

He'd been splashed the minute he'd stepped into the courtyard. While drenched he'd went searching for this little scum only to get another round full of water dumped on him in the Gāo's great hall.  Now standing in front of the culprit of every bad thing that happened in his life, Hāo Jin Ding Gang was beyond angry.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū slowly opened her eyes, blinked once, twice before closing he eyes again. A ghost of a smile appeared on her lips. However, she maintained her cleared expression. Idiots. Such wasteful idiots.

Who'd asked them to come rampaging into her home without any invitation? Even the devils belonging to Yan Wang wouldn't dare to recklessly enter her territory, actually they prefer not to go anywhere near her territory. But these two idiots, humph! Serves them right to fall into her trap, not once but twice! 

The beautiful lady standing beside the man was beyond angry as she stared with venom at the small figure who'd ignored them. "Gāo Yá Míngzhū how dare you ignore the crown prince?" The lady couldn't help but comment with disgust.

Hāo Jin Ding Gang, the crown prince of Hāo, reached out to grab hold of the ugly figure before him. Planning to pull it to the ground and beat it.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū eyes snapped open as she stared icily at the approaching hand till it was retracted.

Hāo Jin Ding Gang seeing her gaze had unconsciously retreated, but when realised his mistake he opted to glare at her instead.

"Ah, your highness, crown prince and cousin, why are you both wet? What hole did you just step out from to make you both looking like wet dogs? Aiya, any children yet or was it cousin's water breaking just now? Shall we call for the imperial physician, wouldn't want an accident now would we?" Gāo Yá Míngzhū didn't even acted surprised as if she'd expect for them to be covered , instead she looked at them as if she was staring at mud beneath her feet.  

How didn't the whole kingdom of Hāo know that Gāo Yá Míngzhū' cousin He Su Lim was the crown prince's favourite concubine? This knowledge was well known to Gāo Yá Míngzhū after all He Su Lim had always come flaunting around exclaiming that the prince loved her the most.

He Su Lim hearing insults, after insults was so furious she nearly fainted. The doctors had come and said that she couldn't have any children after her miscarriage months ago! Now this bitch was just rubbing salt into her open wounds! "Gāo Yá Míngzhū y-you shut your mouth!" Tears streaked down her face, smudging her already ruined makeup along the way.

Hāo Jin Ding Gang seeing this, felt distressed in his heart at his beloved crying. Pulling her into his embrace he cooed, "don't cry. Don't cry. She into worth your beautiful, precious tears."

Gāo Yá Míngzhū seeing this rolled her eyes and tried not to regurgitate what little she'd eaten that morning. So dramatic, she hadn't known previously that her cousin couldn't bear anymore children. But after studying her body condition, she came to a realisation that her cousin did have a miscarriage months ago and that she could no longer bear by children. Serves her right.

In Gāo Yá Míngzhū memories, she remembers how He Su Lim used to enter her courtyard without permission and had her servants beat the young Gāo Yá Míngzhū up. Sometimes she would do it herself. Other times she just sat and laughed.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled mockingly at the weeping woman, snarling hatefully in her heart. Was it painful to know that you can't have any children? If it was, then she'll give dear cousin of her's the real medicine of pain.

Oh He Su Lim, you don't know the meaning of pain, this grudge. I'll pay it back in full price, no discount needed.

A beautiful smile broke out onto Gāo Yá Míngzhū as she studied the two wet dogs, just like her prey.

* Lobelia - Lobelia is a flowering herb that is considered one of the most valuable herbs in the plant kingdom, according to Clayton College of Natural Health. It is versatile and is used by herbalists to treat many different conditions, including: asthma, bronchitis, arthritis, colds, sinus congestion, ear infections, nervousness, pain, pneumonia and epilepsy. It is naturally relaxant and anti-spasmodic. However, it can be dangerous if not used under the direction of a trained health care professional. The herb can trigger vomiting, and in large quantities can cause diarrhea and death. - Source from LIVESTRONG.COM