Chapter Sixteen - To Be A Good Master (II)

"Wait! Wait! What are you doing?!" A panicked voice sounded as they approached quickly in her direction.

Gāo Ya Mingzhu raised her brows as she turned to look at the approaching figure of young master Sòng in blue.

Oh? So he wants his guard back?

"Good morning young master Sòng did you have a pleasant sleep?"

Sòng Cuī Zhélán came to a stop beside her, he smiled happily, "yes thanks this miss for asking. Did miss also have a pleasant sleep?" Gāo Ya Mingzhu smiled. Her eyes cold.

"Of course young master, after having unsuccessfully treated the poison you gave me, I was able to sleep rather pleasantly." Sòng Cuī Zhélán frowned. Since when did he give her poison? "Although, my treatments didn't seem to be much effective since the moment you arrived. Do we call this an allergic reaction?" Sòng Cuī Zhélán frown deepened. What does his little fox mean?

Abandoning the thoughts for a few minutes, he glanced at the red bird that was continuously covering the hole at a fast rate. Was it a dog or a chicken? Because the way it's scraping the dirt back in place...was very much like a dog covering it's bone with dirt.

Then his gaze switched to the hole, lips twitching he turned to face this foolish fox. "Miss can I ask, why are you burying my guard alive?"

"Of course you can and it's because I believe that he wants to grow taller. Although at first I'd thought that you had given him this punishment but after a while I came to a realisation that planting yourself would help with your cultivation as a well as physical growth."

Sòng Cuī Zhélán, "..." Had he heard wrong. He hadn't heard wrong. Who taught her that burying people alive would help them grow?! "Miss...this wasn't punishment. Rather I believe that this miss had misunderstood," the phoenix that had been covering the hole was nodding his head as tears flowed down his cheeks. Thank the gods that they sent a normal human to him! Wait...startled the little phoenix stopped covering the hole to turn to face the man.

Wasn't he the one that had a dangerous power fluctuations before?! But now why...did he feel just like a normal being without any signs of powerful and dangerous amount of cultivation? Was he dreaming before?

"Oh? It wasn't punishment. However, to be a good master you must allow your subordinates to do what they want, once in a while. If not then they with face endless amount of depression." Gāo Ya Mingzhu stated. She had known of this when her teacher had forced her too far when he hadn't allowed her to raid spirit forests so she had used a forbidden spell to cursed his bed, leaving him bedridden for months.

Of course her punishment wasn't light. He'd hung her on a tree for a full week. Locked her in a dark desolated cave for the next. Made her bathe in lava for the third week. Then by the forth week after no food or drink, he'd made her fight an army of demi-god grade spirit beasts. She hadn't come out unharmed. In actual fact she looked for like the souls that were tortured by Yan Wang.

After that she learnt not to curse a bed ever again.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán lips twitched. Someone...someone please come and educate his little fox!

The shadow guard who was still kneeling had dirt that half covered his body. His face still raised up at the light in the hole.

His young master came back! His young master wanted him! He still wanted him! Ecstatic the shadow guard felt himself full of energy again as he stood up, and lept out of the hole.

Dirt flew everywhere as he flew out of the hole and landed next to his young master.

"Oh. It seems you don't want to be planted anymore," Gāo Ya Mingzhu sighed. She wondered if she did actually planted a human, what fruit would they bear? Now...she needs to find a human. A smile made it's way to her lips. Anyone who saw it, couldn't help but shiver violently. Scary!

"Young miss, this subordinate was foolish."

"Ern, now if you know your mistake fill this hole back up." She waves indifferently at the hole as she made her way to the bird, picked it up and walked towards the front gate.

"Wait! Wait! Miss Gāo!" Sòng Cuī Zhélán ran after the departing figure of Gāo Ya Mingzhu, "where might this miss be going?"

Gāo Ya Mingzhu frowned as she felt her heart beat faster again. Seconds ago she was perfectly fine when she walked away from this master Sòng. However, when he comes close her heart beats at the abnormal rate. Unless this young master has something that causes the poison in her body to react to?

Shifting away slightly from him, she replied "I'm going to find some humans."

Sòng Cuī Zhélán frowned, surprised, "oh? Is young miss Gāo looking for servants?"

Gāo Ya Mingzhu's frown deepened. Must this man question her in everything she does? Was he not satisfied that he had already poisoned her? However, since the poison was one of her repayments she cannot do anything about it, but suffer silent grievances as she experiences strange types of pain.

"No, I am not." She turned to walk away again. The best solution seems to keep away from this man. As a doctor she believes that her teacher's teachings are never wrong. Her teacher had said many times that if you find the cause of the illness. Make sure to eradicate it. But she couldn't just get rid of this master Sòng.

How could she if he's a well known figure in the Bái country?

His brain nagged him not to ask for his sanity, but he was curious of her answer.

"Then what does miss Gāo planning to do with people?" Sòng Cuī Zhélán followed after her. He hadn't seen her since yesterday since he had to head back quickly to his Bái county to sort out the crying emperor who's empress had scold him again for replacing her zither strings with horse tail. Meaning that he couldn't stay the night with his little fox.

"I'm planning to plant a few to see what fruits they bear."

Sòng Cuī Zhélán swears. That whenever his adorable little fox speaks, she sure renders one speechless.