Chapter Three - 'Thank You' Saviour (II)

After wiping the blood off from the side of her lips, Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled at the man. "I apologise for the inconvenience."

Sòng Cuī Zhélán rubbed his nose, feeling a little bashful, "it wasn't, it wasn't." 

Gāo Yá Míngzhū shifted. Gritting her teeth, she stood up.

"What are you doing, you're making your wounds worse!" Sòng Cuī Zhélán panicked as he saw beads of sweat blooming on her small red forehead. Her delicate face scrunched up in pain, but no sound was heard as she endured it.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū's body swayed slightly, but she gripped onto the tree beside her for support, "no matter," she muttered as she bowed to the man. "This lady thanks this young man for having a generous heart. However, I must be on my way." Her family's servant must have panicked by now she'd been gone for too long, or had been taken advantage of. The people that had sent her to her death must've gained something valuable.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán hearing this frowned. Why was she in such a hurry. Most women would continuously cling to him like annoying leeches.

When Gāo Yá Míngzhū saw the frown she said, "young master does not need to worry. This favour can be repaid in the future, when it is time please come to the Gāo residence and I will help with whatever favour you wish as long as it's in my ability to." Having mistook the frown for his dissatisfaction, Gāo Yá Míngzhū then turned to walk away.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán was confused, can she not see that she was not fit enough to be walking yet? Watching the small, frail figure stumbling away, Sòng Cuī Zhélán felt that he should follow her and keep her safe.

However, he knew that he's already delayed his trip for far too long and if he didn't arrive to where he should be by nightfall this kingdom's emperor would request a marriage between him and the third princess...by that time his own emperor, the selfish and tackless old prick would not disagree with the marriage, leaving him, Sòng Cuī Zhélán tied down with an unwanted marriage. 

That little girl was from the Gāo residence? Didn't the rumours say that there was only the old man servant and the unless and idiot young mistress of the Gāo household left? Then who was she? It couldn't possibly be...that she was the young miss?!

Thinking this, Sòng Cuī Zhélán's expression darkened. Surely not. The rumor stated that the Gāo's young miss was an idiot and was completely weak. But this young girl's eyes was bright and filled with intelligence and her tolerance of pain was very high. What idiocy? What weakling? She wasn't even freaking scared about being alone in the woods with a man!

Shaking his head he completely ruled out the thought.

Maybe a servant, the rags she dressed in was the lowest of the low quality. Patches where it had been sewn up could be seen. But he knew more than anyone how much of a disguise could fool people. But what did she need to hide from?

Meanwhile, Gāo Yá Míngzhū walked on as she surveyed her surroundings, unaware of the frustrated feelings that arose in her saviour's heart. She noticed she was actually in a valley.

From the previous owner's memories, she'd come to this mountain to pick some herbs and mushrooms for dinner. However, she encountered a black mask figure and was badly wounded. It was obvious that the man had been following her all the way from the capital but because the previous owner had no cultivation she hadn't sense him.

But surprisingly she had a little martial arts! But unfortunately it wasn't enough to fight an expert.

Leading to her unavoidable death.

The more Gāo Yá Míngzhū gained new memories. The more headache she had. She was suppose to act a fool? Needed to keep her martial arts hidden? What needed to be kept hidden? If the young girl was suppose to fight with the current amount of martial arts knowledge she had, today was a prime example as to what happens to one when not received good grade teaching!

This mountain previously used to be one. However, on this very mountain, legend has it, in the war of the gods and the devils an unknown white robed celestial woman had summoned a large sprit force that had completely split the mountain in half. She had then also circulate her powers around the mountain trapping the devils and the gods inside created a seal and locked all the gods on this very mountain. The left side was the devils while the right was the gods. The middle of the valley was the no man's land that contained magical herbs and plants free for all who could get to it.

But that was all a legend, because why would any god come and battle down in this realm? After all, from where Gāo Yá Míngzhū came from, the upper realm hadn't ever seen any true gods before. Only her teacher was a demigod at current. And from the previous owner memories, this was the lower realm.

Speaking of which...was the previous owner really an idiot? Even if she didn't have any cultivation, the girl was surprisingly bright! The memories weren't hazy but crystal clear! A joke! She'd fooled everyone!

The lower realm claimed to have housed the battle of the two most powerful creatures? If it really did happen, there wouldn't be anything left.

However she had to thank the owner for having crippled meridians and no cultivation. If the girl hadn't died, then she, Gāo Yá Míngzhū, wouldn't have a body to host.

She walked along the riverside, the coolness of the water could be felt from where she strode along. She stopped to bend down and cleaned her face, washing the horrid blood off. She didn't even flinch as she furiously scrub the wounds on her face, the soreness reminded her that she was still alive.

Finally the blood cleared and a yellowish face could be seen. Gāo Yá Míngzhū raises her brows as she studied her reflection. Apart from the fact the skin was an unhealthy colour every other feature of her face was perfect. Obviously she had gained both her parent's beauty. Shame that this face was hollow and the skin was very thin due to the lack of food and water.

Signing she stood up again. She needed a bath, the smell of blood reeked on her small body.

Without even thinking of her weak body, she directly walked into the water without taking off her clothes.

Only to immediately faint soon after.