Chapter Four - 'Thank You' Saviour (III)

Sòng Cuī Zhélán knew that following the little girl was a good idea. Not long after she'd wandered along the riverside then getting into the freezing water, she'd fainted.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán sighed. Had there ever been such an idiotic person alive before? After fishing her out of the water and using qi to dry both their clothes off, he stared helplessly at the unhealthy face. A shame. A complete shame. The girl was destined to be a beauty, looks that could cause countries downfall. However, because of malnourishment she'd become rather unsightly.

He carefully leaned her against the tree before sitting next to her. Aiya, when had he ever been so caring to another being?

"My lord." The shadow guard that had been with him since they'd left their own country silently appeared next to him. "Shall I dispose of her?"

The shadow guard, had never seen his young master save a person once let alone twice. But here he was, helping a ugly weak girl that seemed to be only seven or so years old. His young master does not need any distractions, so by eliminating the distractions can his young master live in peace.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán glared furiously at his shadow guard. "Touch a single hair on her head, and you're hands won't even exist in this dimension anymore." The shadow guard shivered. His young master had never spoken so many words but when he does they're always so cold. Unlike the warm tone he uses on the girl. He bowed before fleeing far away into the trees.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū coughed as she woke up. Cold. Very cold. She started to shiver. It then took her a minute to realise that she was actually dry and quite warm. Cursing the body for being so stupid, she looked at the figure next to her.

Him again? Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled, "it seems rather than one, I now owe this young master two favours."

A touch of a smile appeared on Sòng Cuī Zhélán's face. "Indeed. Rather I know this miss's name. After all we wouldn't be classed as strangers now would we?"

Straightening herself up she slightly bow to the man, "this young lady name is Gāo Yá Míngzhū, may I be rude to ask who my saviour is?"

Sòng Cuī Zhélán was shocked, however he didn't show it on the outside. She really was the useless eldest miss of the Gāo's family! Even rumours of the greatest general eldest and only daughter of the Hǎo country had reached his Bāi country.

"Oh?" Sòng Cuī Zhélán raised his brows. Were the rumors false, or had she been acting for the past few years?

Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled bitterly in her heart, knowing exactly what the man's thoughts in front of her were, "and the young master's?"

"Ah, I go by the name Sòng Cuī Zhélán," he took the bet that the girl probably wouldn't know who he was, after all no matter if the rumors were true or not, a young girl who didn't seem to have a decent upbringing judging by her clothes wouldn't know about another country's famous figure.

However, Gāo Yá Míngzhū had heard of the name before. What was a great general of Bāi doing here? Was it a secret dealing between empires?

There was only one person with the last name Sòng throughout the entire continent. Because it was a surname granted to only one man in the Bāi country.

Unknown to everyone, including her family loyal servant. The previous Gāo Yá Míngzhū had been able to get in contact with some information experts. Hence, the reason she was able to attain quite a bit of knowledge that would help her with her ultimate aim.

"Ah, I see. Then I'll thank this master Sóng twice for saving me." Gāo Yá Míngzhū was sure that keeping her dealings with the underground information branch a secret would be a wise idea.

Sóng Cuī Zhélán waved his hands before standing up unaware that the person next to him knew exactly who he was.

"I hope that this miss is alright, I am in need to return to the capital. If you don't mind traveling together, it would be safer for you as well as I."

Gāo Yá Míngzhū didn't believe that this young master Sóng couldn't deal with any trouble especially with that amount of monstrous amount of cultivation, even if he encountered any mishaps the shadow guard in the trees would help his master. But Gāo Yá Míngzhū knew that the young man was doing this for her benefit. So who was she to turn away from help?

Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled, grateful. "Then I'll have to bother this young master."

Helping her up, Sóng Cuī Zhélán continued to support her as they walked.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū didn't mind. How was she to know about the proper way that a man and a lady should keep a distant? After all she didn't grow up in a social society. Only isolated deep within a mountain, only having her master, the occasional devils and Yan Wang to keep her company. Constantly being up close and in the company of men was natural for Gāo Yá Míngzhū.

In addition the previous owner didn't have anyone to educate her either. So either way, the poor girl wouldn't have known anything. 

However, Sóng Cuī Zhélán's heart was beating rapidly. Even if he'd seen more mature women than the little girl, something about her fascinated him leading to him feeling hot all over. Especially her eyes, so cold and unfeeling. Or it might've been her expressionless face that didn't give away any emotions. Blank as a sheet of paper. Tempts one to leave his mark on it!

Meanwhile, the shadow guard had red streaks flowing out of his nose. This girl is too straightforward! His young master was bewitched! Aiya! What was he to do?

But as he looked at the gentle expression on his young master's face he shivered. Scary. This young master looked too scary!

How was Gāo Yá Míngzhū to know that in the eyes of other people it's either her being too straightforward or that the young man next to her, was taking a complete advantage of a naïve young girl?