Chapter Two - 'Thank You' Saviour (I)

What a joke! To think that she, the direct and succeeding disciple of her teacher, Shadow, had died under the claws of a chicken. If the martial world was to know of this, her life would be officially over, whether reincarnated or not!

Pitying herself, Gāo Yá Míngzhū checked over the previous owner's memories.

She is the first daughter of the current kingdom of Hǎo's ever greatest general, Gāo Cheng Mu. Being the eldest daughter didn't mean that she had gained any benefit though.

Months after she was born, her mother had disappeared, later her father had chased after her. Both leaving their months year old baby alone in the isolated Gāo's big mansion with her family's loyal servant.

As she grew up, relatives and branches that were attached to the Gāo's family came and took away the Gāo's family assets, claiming that the young mistress of the Gāo household was too young to look after the family treasures.

Of course, Gāo Yá Míngzhū being only months old couldn't refute. How could she, when she didn't even know how to talk?

In addition, the family's loyal servant couldn't say anything, only grieve as the Gāo family fell into poverty, leaving the young miss with a few blankets in the winters.

As time passed on, the property fell into a terrible dire state. Only one servant was left and that was the one that her father had entrusted her with.

During Gāo Yá Míngzhū's thirteen years of her life, only that servant remained loyal. Over time, Gāo Yá Míngzhū had seen the man as her father, and they relied on each other as they thatched up the roofs with straws and mow the garden of weeds.

Even food was a problem, and they could only afford half a meal a day between them. Making Gāo Yá Míngzhū lack the nutrients she needed, and her growth was overly delayed leaving her undeveloped and looking like seven years old.

The current situation she was in was thanks to a masked black clothed man that was without a doubt an assassin, who'd cut and stabbed then finally, tossed her over the cliffs edge. Luckily the trees below had cushioned her fall, else she's been a splatted mess.

However, even if she saw the blood covered body, Gāo Yá Míngzhū knew that someone had applied medicine onto her wounds and had bandaged them up, preventing the blood loss. Now that person who had saved her happened to be sitting on a tree branch opposite from where she was.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán, sensed someone's gaze on him. However, he ignored it. The little girl was badly wounded, and wouldn't be able to move therefore wouldn't be a danger towards him. Even if she wasn't hurt, she still wouldn't be able to even touch him.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū knew the man was awake, even if he had his eyes tightly closed.

A handsome white robed man, long lashes and crystal clear white skin. Straight nose and arrow brows. His ink black hair was nicely combed and tied back. Posture straight even sitting. A typical cold figure.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū stared at the figure for a bit longer before closing her eyes as well. The fastest way to recover was to circulate her qi in her body. As she tried to find her meridians, Gāo Yá Míngzhū came to a realisation that this body was an ultimate waste. Not because she was born one, but because her meridians were crippled by poison.

Sighing she opened her eyes again, she'll have to perform acupuncture on herself and find some herbs to create a pill to nurture her meridians and to also widen the vessels, without unblocking her meridians she wouldn't be able to cultivate.

Humph! Humph! Someone dared to play poison with her?! Whoever wants to poison with this sister come out! She promise she won't beat them to death! Just bite them to death!

Feeling a sweet taste rising up her throat Gāo Yá Míngzhū tried to suppress it. The familiar smell of blood rose up her nose. However, the harder she tried, the more painful it was until she couldn't contain it much longer and coughed up a large mouthful of blood.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán frowned as he smelt blood, had his medicine not worked? Opening his phoenix eyes, he saw the fragile figure of the young girl nearly only the ground and a pool of black blood in front of her. Poisoned?! Startled he leapt off the tree and quickly made his way to the girl, "what's wrong?" He crouched down and helped her to sit up straight again, "you shouldn't move."

Sòng Cuī Zhélán had never spoken that many words to someone in his life, not because he couldn't, but because he didn't want to. However, this little girl in front of him made him feel inclined to help her. When he'd saw her earlier covered head to toe in blood, and nasty cuts that would without doubt leave scars, his usual cold heart had trembled slightly.

And before he knew it, he'd given her his best medicine and patched her up neatly before sitting guard until she wakes up.

Previously, he'd thought that she had died, after all she'd stopped breathing for a good minute and a half. However, she ended up surprising him by beginning to breath not long after.

"Thank you." Gāo Yá Míngzhū had never thanked anyone apart from her teacher in her life. Even Yan Wang wasn't thanked when she'd asked him to fill her teacher's wine batch with miasma. After all it had benefited him as well as her.

Hearing her soft voice Sòng Cuī Zhélán had a ghost of a smile on his face that he wasn't even aware of, "you're very welcome."

Gāo Yá Míngzhū felt another wave of sweetness hit her, as she pushed the white robed man away before vomiting another load of black blood.

Sòng Cuī Zhélán was feeling distressed, how'd he not have known when he had checked her before that she was poisoned?

Seeing the man downcast expression,

Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled lightly, her blossom lips tinted black, "don't worry, this poison is slow acting and you won't be able to tell it's even there, if I hadn't cough up the blood no doctor would find any symptoms of poisoning."

Sòng Cuī Zhélán gave a helpless smile before helping her sit back up again. "Why would you be this badly wounded? In addition, why would you have such a dangerous poison in you?"

Dangerous? Gāo Yá Míngzhū doesn't think so. They are too early to play poison with this ancestor! This poison was just stupid child's play.