Chapter Eight - Greetings Prince (III)

To say that both He Su Lim and Hāo Jin Ding Gang wasn't surprised at her tone would be an underestimate. 

He Su Lim eyes glittered over behind Hāo Jin Ding Gang's back. Wasn't she always cowering away whenever He Su Lim arrived? Then why today of all days was Gāo Yá Míngzhū like this? He Su Lim came with the agenda of wanting her husband to see how much of a weak beast Gāo Yá Míngzhū was. However, how was she to know that today had turned out like this?!

Gāo Yá Míngzhū stepped from behind her family loyal servant. Patting him of the back before saying, "father please sit. Daughter is afraid that with your poor health you may collapse. These are daughter's guests, daughter will be the one to entertain them."

Hāo Jin Ding Gang brows furrowed. From start to finish he'd studied Gāo Yá Míngzhū's behaviour. However, she didn't seem to be what he'd expected her to be like. Didn't the rumours say that the Gāo's family eldest miss was both stupid and ugly? But the person he was seeing before him was both intelligent, cool headed and surprising not that bad looking. The skin on her face might be yellow, but that had all been of malnourishment. Skinny as a twig, but nevertheless with a bit more food and water she'd be a potential beauty that could cause multitudes of countries downfall. 

Hāo Jin Ding Gang carefully study the female before him, her delicate features far surpassed his own favourite concubine. He was in a dilemma. Since the Gāo family cannot help him secure the crown then she would not benefit him if he took her as the imperial consort. After deciding for awhile he came to a decision. Lifting his chin a bit higher he said, "I came today to inform you that I will not take someone such as you as my imperial consort. Not only do you not have any cultivation, a complete waste, but you also don't even have a single gold coin. However, this prince isn't black hearted. Therefore this prince has decided to take you as one of his concubine," the surrounding people who heard this had their expressions become extremely ugly.

Gāo Yá Míngzhū snarled in her heart. So this is what this dog came for. "A...concubine...your highness?" If one does not feel danger at that moment, one must be extremely dumb. This could be said for the crown prince Hāo.

"Ern. Are you not satified? Don't be greedy! You should thank this prince for his kindness!"

Thank your feeble life! Servant I command you to roast this stupid animal! The voice sounded again in Gāo Yá Míngzhū's head. Ah! she remembered now! It was that egg! Gāo Yá Míngzhū smiled. So this egg that happened to be the one that had killed her, had unexpectedly decided to live inside her. Shouldn't he be paying for his accommodations?  

Servant? Who's the servant? Gāo Yá Míngzhū lightly frowned. This little bird...she should just roast it!

Who are you planning to roast stinking girl! Country bumpkin! Stupid egg!

Gāo Yá Míngzhū raised her brows. Was this chicken insulting her...comparing her...to an egg?

...

Gāo Yá Míngzhū didn't know what to exactly say to the chicken. Therefore, she tuned back in with the prince, "your highness, crown prince. I believe there to be some mistake. Why would you want me as a concubine? Being the eldest daughter of the great general Gāo I find it highly inappropriate for one such as I to be a mere concubine," she'd said 'a mere' to rile up He Su Lim. And who was to know that her dear cousin couldn't even take a feeble criticism?

................................

Meanwhile, in the imperial study at the royal palace of Hāo. 

"Esteemed General Sòng." Emperor Hāo stared helplessly at the terrifying but absolutely beautiful white clothed youth sitting opposite him. Since entering the study, this youth had yet to say a word. How could Emperor Hāo not know what this youth had come for?

If the emperor wasn't careful he'd be dead before he could even batter an eye. But what he didn't understand was how could this youth information network could be this great. He'd only been discussing the issues regarding the third princess marriage last night. But here, the youth that he planned his daughter to marry to was actually sitting opposite him. Once arrived he didn't even do the ceremony bow, instead walked right past the guards stationed outside straight into his study.

How could Emperor Hāo not know about this youth heroic acts on the battlefield? Whichever side he's on has never lost a battle. Ever.

Therefore, the emperor of the Bái country even has to be respectful in the presence of this youth! Ah, truely terrifying!

"Emperor Hāo." The youth's voice quietly rang out, but to the Emperor it was like thunder claps.

"General Sòng, I've never thought that you've come here for a visit. You should've sent a message, that way we could welcome this esteemed master better."

"No need," Sòng Cuī Zhélán took a sip of the warm tea, his deep, dark black eyes twinkling. Red Toadstool Tea. A level five tea that contains the fire element. A great source of content for those with the fire attributes. Ah, this emperor sure wasn't stingy when it comes to flaunting his wealth. "You know what I've come for. And you know what you should and shouldn't do."

"Yes. Yes." The emperor nodded his head quickly. Ah! Only if the Hāo kingdom wasn't as small as the Bái kingdom, then he wouldn't be in this miserable state at the moment!

"Then I suggest that you don't take any action and back off with the marriage plan. Our Bái kingdom does not need support from a small kingdom such as Hāo. I have nothing more to discuss," as he placed the tea on the table. His figure and shadow disappeared in an instant.