"Why did you do that!" I yelled has I tried to run around his hand. 

"What is getting in to you?" Mark asked. 

I made it around his hand and looked for the worker but I couldn't see her anywhere. "I needed to talk to her." I said has I continued to stare towards the resort. 

"The workers come down all the time to check on us, someone will be back soon." Mark said calmly. 

"I needed to talk to her." I said again but knew that I wasn't going to find her. 

"Why did you need to talk to that specific worker?" Mark asked. 

I broke my stare from the resort and looked up to Mark. "I guess I just thought I knew her." I said. 

Mark looked at me with a questioning look but then softened it, "Well I will keep a lookout for her okay?" Mark said. 

I nodded and started walking back towards the water. I had no idea what I was thinking because there was no way that was my mother. My mother died on Earth and there was no way that she could have made it to this planet. She didn't have the money and even if she did, she would try to find me right? My mother loved me and would want to be with me. She made sure that this family would find me and give me a good life, there's no way that she wouldn't fight to see me again if she lived. 

"Hannah, are you going to tell me what that was about?" Lucas asked.

I looked up at him from the sand, and saw his eyes filled with worry. I couldn't help but smile at the way that he cared for me, the way he always wanted to make sure that I was okay. "I'm okay Lucas." I said.

He eased back a little after I said that, "I'm taking that has a no then?" He smiled.

"You know me so well." I joked and ran back into the water.

Linda POV

I walked up to sit next to Mark while everyone played on the beach and noticed Mark looked worried.

"Is everything okay?" I asked softly has I took a seat next to him.

"Hannah just had this look in her eye when she saw that worker that scared the daylight out of me. She was almost crazed wanting to get to that worker and she wouldn't tell me who it was." Mark said has he watched Hannah play in the water.

"Well, she rarely is with people her own height. Her school is mostly giants, her family are giants, her own boyfriend is a giant, maybe she just got excited because she thought she knew someone her own size." I said has I was trying to make sense of this whole thing.

"Are we hurting her by not letting her be with a family her own size then?" Mark asked has he looked at me with eyes that looked like he was about to breakdown.

"I didn't say that, I think that maybe she still longs for her life on Earth. I mean I know she cares for us but we need to put ourselves in her shoes, she lost her first family and her planet. She lost everything, met us and learned to love us, then lost us when her biological father stole her away. She has lost so much in her life so I think that we just need to be patient with her, and try to do our best by her."  I said has I took his hand. 

"She is just my little girl, I just want her to be happy. I want her to be happy even if it means that it's not with me. I'm terrified that it really might mean that she wouldn't be with us." Mark said, gripping my hand.

"Well look, why don't we sit her down tonight and talk to her. We can ask her about how she is feeling and see where it goes from there. Don't jump to conclusions or freak out for no reason, we will figure this out." I said has I comforted him. 

He looked from me, back to the water and the way he looked at Hannah was with pure love. That was his daughter and ever since we first brought her home, he has done everything to protect her. Hannah had a difficult time adjusting to our world, but she was so strong and has made it through more then I ever thought someone could. She is my little girl too, but I know that it is hard for her to connect to me since losing her biological mother. I know she loves me, but I understood that I had to handle everything at her pace. I just loved her so much, I want what is best for her, and I was just trying to keep a level head for Mark. 

"Look let's just enjoy the beach for right now, and then tonight we have the conversation okay?" I said.

"Alright." 

Mark POV 

I wasn't ready to talk to Hannah about if she wanted to continue to live with us, because I wasn't ready for the possibility for her to say that she didn't want to anymore. I wanted what was best for her, of course, but I couldn't handle losing my only daughter. The idea of her with another family brought a pain to my chest and I didn't want to think about it, but of course that was all that was on my mind.

Luke sat on the beach, and Josh took Hannah out into the water to play since everyone knew it wasn't a good idea for her to be out there by herself. They were having a blast and seeing my kids out in the water having fun was amazing to see.

All of the thoughts about Hannah started filling my head and I started to feel weird. My left arm started to go numb and the pain came back in my chest.

"Linda call 9-1-1." I said and before she could even ask me what the problem was, my world turned to black and I was out.

Hannah POV 

Linda started yelling and before everyone could think about what was happening, the siren were wailing and paramedics were flooding the beach. Lucas held me against his chest has we were starting to paramedics off the beach. I looked to the ground and saw the same worker. I turned and looked at her for has long as possible, both of us not saying a word. She looked back at me, and waved goodbye. 

"No!" I yelled. 

"Hannah, it's okay, everything will be fine." Lucas said, and we got in the back of the ambulance. 

I couldn't even see her anymore, but the tears were streaming down my face faster then I thought possible. 

I stared at Mark, and my heart was crushed. I was so confused and my mind was completely overloaded. 

I was lost and had no idea what I was supposed to do, or how I was going to do it.