「Chapter 106」

Start from the beginning

Sumin's appointment with the doctor wasn't until the following week. Until then, Taehyung went through the rest of the week with a heavy and fearful heart. Then, when the day came to do the test, the doctor reassured Taehyung that there was a non-invasive paternity test that Sumin could take, without harming the baby. But even with that reassurance, and giving in his DNA sample, the fear only worsened with time. Every passing minute was like torture.

As for you, you refused to talk or acknowledge Taehyung until those results came in. He wasn't the only one who was anxious about those results. Almost every night, you would shed tears, thinking about this entire situation; whether or not he could be the father of Sumin's child. Every passing second was nerve-wracking.

It was Friday night, and Jungkook had invited himself over to keep you company and try to make you feel better as best he could. Almost every day he had come over to your house, but each time, ended up a failure. When not even your beloved vanilla ice cream could cheer you up, he knew you had a real problem.

"Jiyeong, do you want some honey chips?"

"No."

"How about I bring you some ice cream?"

"No."

"Is there anything that I can do to cheer you up?" He put a hand on the top of your head and began stroking your hair. "Put a smile on your face? I don't like it when you're sad."

"You can tell me that Taehyung isn't going to be the father of that wretched woman's child." You hugged your knees closer to your chest, while continuing to pout and sink in your sadness.

Jungkook just sighed. "Jiye--"

Before he could finish speaking, your phone buzzed you a message. When you looked over, you found a message from Taehyung, telling you that he has the results. You stared at the message for a couple seconds more, before taking a shaky deep breath.

"What is it?" Jungkook asked.

"The results...He has them," you said, before releasing your legs and standing up. "I'm going." You grabbed your keys from the coffee table and walked towards the door to grab yourself a sweater.

"I'll come with you." Jungkook hopped off the couch and followed you to the door. As you walk out, he turned off the lights and closed the door behind him. "Jiyeong, wait up!"

The bus ride to Taehyung's house was a silent an anxious one. What did those results say? Was he the father? Or wasn't he? Before you rang the doorbell, it was all you ever thought about."

"You okay?" Jungkook asked.

"No," you shook your head.

"Oh, what are you guys doing here?"