「Chapter 33」

The very next day was Saturday, and it was on that day that Kim Taehyung had decided to pick up the phone and give you a call. The first time he called, it rang on and on until it got to the voicemail. The 2nd time was the same. By the 3rd time, Taehyung was annoyed and knew that as soon as you did pick up, he was gonna let you hear it.

"Hello?" you said with a flat tone.

"Yah, what the heck is your problem, not picking up when someone is trying to call you?"

"What do you want?"

Taehyung just rolled his eyes before saying what it was that he was calling for. "I need your help with something. I've got this exam coming up soon, and I was wondering if you could help me study for it."

"Why aren't you asking Namjoon sunbae? He's way smarter than the both of us combined."

"He can't do it."

"Why?" you asked.

"'Why'...?" There a trail of silence in between his answer. "Well, he's..." His eyes started wandering around the room, searching for something to say. He didn't exactly make up a script for this phone call. "He's busy tutoring Jiminie and Jungkookie on some things."

"And I'm the next person you come to?"

"I heard from Jungkookie that you were good at studying, so I came to you instead."

"To be quite frank, I'm not that good at studying."

"Aish, that doesn't matter. I just need someone to help me. Are you going to help me or not?" Taehyung, who had pretty much lost his patience, had raised his voice. He realized that doing so might have been a mistake when he heard nothing but silence for a while.

"No." Rejected. Just like that.

"No?!" his eyes widened. H-hold on a minute. Are you really going to turn down a request from an upperclassmen? Are Have you always been this cruel?"

"It's not that I don't want to do it, but rather, I'm just thinking about how awkward it's going to be for me."

"So you realize that things are still awkward since we saw each other--"

"Please!" you interrupted. "You don't need to remind me..."

"Sorry, sorry. But, wouldn't it be good if we could get past this? Don't you want that? Or would you rather keep having to go through the trouble of constantly avoiding me?" The line went silent for a second time, making him slightly anxious in the wait.

"Fine. Be at my house in an hour, got it?"