「Chapter 61」

"You want some ramen?" Jungkook, who was manning the kitchen, looked over to you, who was resting up on the couch.

"No, thank you," you shook your head.

"Not even if I put eggs in it?"

Well, now it was impossible to resist. "I'll have some, thanks."

He smiled and set a teapot full of water on the stove to boil. "It'll be done in a few so just wait a while."

For the past 2 days, ever since your sprained your ankle, Jungkook had been staying over at your house to take care of you. Waiting on you hand and foot, making sure that you were hydrated and fed well. Most importantly, he was making sure that you were staying off your ankle.

"Kookie, are you sure it was okay for you to miss school as well? Not only that, but I feel like a burden to you."

"Jiyeong, you will never be a burden to me, understand? If it were possible, I'd spend every minute of my day with you. You're the most special girl in my life after all." From the second the last word left his mouth, Jungkook started to blush from everything entirely. When he looked back, he found you staring right back at him with wide eyes. 'You big idiot! Could you sound anymore obvious?'

"Kookie..."

"B-but, I don't mean like--" he was started to get flustered. "It's because we're friends! You're my only best friend that's a girl, y'know? Don't get the--"

"Kookie," you couldn't help but blush yourself, "you're so sweet. Believe me when I say that any girl who ends up with you will be the luckiest girl in the world. You've definitely got a way with words."

Jungkook huffed in relief, yet soon found himself back at square one once again with his feelings for you. 'But, I don't want any other girl. I only want you.' He was merry on the outside, but on the inside, he was hurting. "Jiyeong," he turned off the stove and turned his whole body towards you. "Can I ask you something?"

"Hm? Of course, you can."

"Why do you like him?"

"Who? Taehyung sunbae?" He nodded. "Mm...There's a couple of things that I like about him. It's kind of difficult to explain though."

"It's okay, take your time. I want to hear."

"Alright, well..." a tint of blush dusted across your cheeks. "When we hold hands, I like the way mine fits in his. Um...when spend together it's really fun. Or even when we're calling each other, he talks to me about the weirdest things. Things I would've never thought to think of before. Ah, which reminds me! I like the way he makes me laugh." It took you back to some silly conversation the both of you had a while back.

"It's a stupid way, but I like it. But, I think what got me falling for him is how open he is towards me. He's not afraid of showing me the real Taehyung. When we're together, I think he thinks 'Ah, I can finally let myself go now'." You smiled earnestly. "I'm sure he's like that with you guys all the time, but it's special to me because he's comfortable with me."