「Chapter 106」

Start from the beginning

"How the hell am I supposed to give you a DNA test right now? I'm only 3 months and a few weeks into this pregnancy."

"I want you to do the Prenatal paternity test."

As the words fell off his tongue, the smirk on Sumin's lips fell. Her eyes grew wide, and her chest rose as if to say something. "W-wait a second. You can't be serious, right?" But the hard look on Taehyung's face never let up. "Are you kidding me? Do you not know the risks of me doing that? Why can't you just wait until it's born--"

"I can't wait! All because of your spiteful actions, Jiyeong might--We..." Just thinking about the outcome of this made his anxiousness return. "In any case, I need to find out really soon.

Sumin's jaw started to clench really hard. "Why? So you can have your little happy ending with Jiyeong?" she sneered. "I'm not doing it, and you can't make me!"

"You're going to take this test, whether you want to or not," he threatened. The enraged look in his eyes was enough to make her shudder with fear. "I'll pay for the test and everything, so just do this. It's important that I find out." And with nothing more to say, Taehyung took turned himself around and started walking away.

"So you're really going to risk something happening to this baby, because of your stupid relationship with Jiyeong? Are you kidding me? You're unbelievable!" Sumin was shaking with anger.

"Make sure you let me know the day that I have to go and give in my sample." It was all he said, before leaving Sumin to stand with her own frustrations. No, he didn't want to risk the life of an unborn child, but this was something he just couldn't wait for.

As he walked back to the front of the school, he saw you and Minji walking down the steps and towards the gates. "Jiyeong!" he called out for you. He started jogging up to you, grateful that you stopped for him.

"I just finished talking to Sumin. She's going to take a paternity test so we can quickly find out who the father is."

You looked at him with creased brows. Knowing that it was a risky procedure for the baby, you had to wonder if the mother would be okay with it herself. "Did she really agree to something like that?"

"Not at first," he shook his head. "But I managed to persuade her."

"You persuaded her? What about the baby?"

"Ah, the baby. I'm--I'm not sure..." his lips tucked into a line.

You couldn't lie. You, yourself, wanted to know the DNA results as soon as possible, but it was hard to think about when the thought of an unborn child's life was at risk in the process. Not knowing how to feel, you just turned your back on Taehyung and left with Minji.

"Are you okay?" Minji asked.

"Minji-ah," you could hear the tremble in your voice, "I've never been so furious in my entire life." As the tears fell, you quickly wiped them away. "I just hope my fears won't come true."