"I know you don't wanna talk to me or anyone else right now, but I'm not going to let you hide out in here forever. You're stronger than this, Taylor- I know you are." She's really not up for giving in but neither am I. I wipe a stray tear that decided to fall from my cheek, if I was strong at all then I would've fought back.

"I drew you a bath. I thought maybe you'd feel better if you relaxed a bit." She speaks again a couple of seconds later and this time I turn over to face her. "I don't think I can do this anymore, Karlie." My admission stuns her into silence, I haven't said a word in almost three days. "You have to, Tay. Maisie needs her mommy and I need you." She speaks soothingly, "we can take baby steps, okay?" I nod in response, "first let's get you in the bath. It might help make you feel a little more human. I won't push you any further tonight, just in the bath and then straight back to bed if that's what you want." Her request doesn't seem too much, but I just nod my head feverishly as she stares at me in the dark. "Okay."

I take a deep breath as I push myself up and out of bed, my limbs are shaky and my body still aches all over so it hurts to move. I force myself out of the bed, but in all the idea of anything more than laying here in the darkness is enough to put me close to tears. Karlie reaches her hand out, knowing my likely reaction if she were to touch me suddenly, and I take it.

She leads me towards the bathroom where, like she said, she'd ran a bath for me. "I'll be right downstairs if you need anything." She gives me a small smile but I can't seem to muster the same in return, just nodding as she leaves.

I look around the bathroom and there are fresh towels hanging on the rack as well as a clean set of pyjamas on top of the hamper. I throw my scraggly wavy hair up, deciding that washing it would require more energy than I have right now, and when it's out of my face I start to undress.

I haven't been able to bring myself to look at the damage that monster did to my body yet, but I know it's bad.

I stand in front of the full length mirror in nothing but my underwear, and my eyes finally explore the purple bruises littering my whole body and I burst into tears, picking up the nearest object I can find and throwing it at the mirror which inevitably causes it to shatter around me, and I slide to the floor as gut wrenching, broken sobs leave my mouth.

•••
Karlie's POV

"What on earth was that?" Cara asks as we both turn towards the noise from upstairs. "Taylor." I mumble as I jump up and run towards the stairs, missing steps as I run up them and towards the bathroom, I'm still in pain from my ordeal but I ignore it.

"Taylor?" I knock on the door but receive no response, but I can hear her crying on the other side. "I'm coming in." I warn her and I give it a few seconds before pushing the door open. The sight in front of me leaves me confused until I find Taylor curled up against the wall sobbing loudly, breaking my heart.

"Oh Tay, what happened?" I ask as I kneel down beside her. She looks at me and uncovers the full extent of her injuries: her ribs are bruised, her shoulders and neck, her hips have fingerprint shaped bruises and her legs and arms are littered with them, all on top of the obvious ones on her face, but I don't piece everything together until I notice the bruising on her inner thighs. I hold back a gasp as my eyes fill with tears, "Taylor.." I whisper, having no idea what else to say. No wonder she's been so shut off, so terrified of anyone getting near her. "He raped me, Karlie." She manages those few words between her pain filled cries and gasps for air, but I just move to her side, carefully take her in my arms and try not to cry when I see the state of her back, guessing that's where she took the majority. She curls into my body and I can feel her shaking as I hold her as tight as I possibly can without hurting her.