"Well, I had my first and second kiss..." I mumble

There's a long silence like Freya is waiting for me to yell "Just kidding!" at her. But I don't.

"What?" she shouts. I begin tracing circles on the fabric.

"Is this even Ellie that I'm talking to?" There are some annoying thuds as she taps her knuckles against her phone. "Hello? Elicia, is that you?" I let out a small laugh. "who is he and please tell me whoever he was, he was hot!"

I hit a mental standstill. Do I tell her? I feel like I should fill her in so that I can hear her advice, but I just can't force the words out of my mouth. This complication with Shawn feels too scandalous and I know that she must feel my apprehension over the line.

"some guy I met at a party called Liam" great save there ellie. "he's a blonde"

"Blonde?" Freya gasps in horror. "You were snogging a blond guy?"

"Stop using that word," I order through giggles. It is impossible to have a conversation with her without cracking a smile. She takes a deep breath before yelling,

 "BUT YOU ARE LITERALLY CANOODLING WITH A BLOND GUY!" 

"How shocking," I remark. 

"Is that Canadian heat beginning to affect you? You hate blond guys," she states as though I'm not already aware of that. She's the one who prefers blond hair. "Do you want me to call your Dad because I honestly think you need medical assistance. What happened to 'dark-haired guys are better?'" I roll my eyes. 

"Are you drunk?" 

"I don't know," she says. "Probably, I was out late last night"

"We had a bonfire and we were up all night, making s'mores and drinking beer and listening to music. I'm half asleep right now, so I don't know if I'm making sense." She pauses. "I hope I am."

 "You are," I confirm as I press my back harder against the wall. I try to keep my thoughts from wandering. "The bonfire sounded fun."

 "It was!" More squeaks, more squeals, more heavy breathing. "Logan took me home." My eyes widen slightly. Logan is pretty damn hot.

 "The guy in the year above?" 

"Yeah," she sheepishly admits. I can picture her blushing, blinking repeatedly like she always does when she's embarrassed or shy. But the shyness disintegrates as quickly as it arrived, and she nonchalantly says, "We got to third base in the back of his car." I almost choke. If this is a joke, it isn't funny. 

"You're kidding, right?"

 "I wish I was," she murmurs. "His package isn't much of a package. And I had such high expectations. It's a tragedy."

 "Sounds horrific, Freya," I say, stifling a laugh. 

I hear her yawn and with that, I go tell her to get some sleep.before bidding her farewell. She promises to drop by my house later to check on my Dad, and I'm thankful. Dad's probably feeling pretty lonely lately. When I get off the phone, I decide to get a quick hot shower and wash my hair as it is getting rather knotty. I get changed into an oversized t-shirt dress and jog down the stair to get some food.

when I enter the kitchen I see Aaliyah sitting at the table yet again doing colouring in and I go over to her and smile. she is so cute.

"ellie! will you help me colour in the dog!?"

"of course let me just get some food real quick okay!" I giggle. I turn around and walk over to the kitchen island. from there I start to cut up a banana and apple and place them in a bowl with a big old spoonful of greek yoghurt.

I grab a spoon from the draw across the room and as I make my way back Shawn comes in through the door rubbing his eyes and not wearing anything but red plaid bottoms. my eyebrows shoot right up at him as I see his very muscular defined chest and bare arms. woah.

he looks over at me and laughs as he lifts his head, his eyes locking onto mine. Neither of us wants to be the first to look away, so neither of us do. he walks over to me at a slow pace and beckons me a slight away from Aaliyah

"We should hanging out tonight," he says. I get the feeling that I wouldn't be able to object even if I wanted to, and I stand there, my eyes dilated with attraction as I listen to the words roll off his tongue. "Let me take you out. do you want to go to the zoo or the aquarium?"

 "I don't mind," I admit a little sheepishly.

"Then we should go to the zoo!" he decides. A lump rises in my throat as his lips curl up into a mysterious smirk, his chocolate eyes sparkling, an untold story hidden within his eyes.  And it occurs to me exactly then that I am entirely on point. Dark-haired guys are so, so much better.

***

GUYS I MET FRIGGEN SHAWN MENDES ON SATURDAY AND I STILL CANNOT STOP SCREAMING! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I am flipping out still and if you want to see any photos head on over to my shared Mendes account as we have posted all the pics and also be sure to follow us as we loveeeee talking to you guys:) I hope you enjoyed this chapter and the next one will be out by the end of the week and I promise you, you will want to stick around xx