Chapter 20

The heroes were deep inside of the Shroob's Mother Ship. Spettro was leading the way, sniffing around as he did. Mario and Baby Mario were right behind the ghost pup and Crash was behind him. Cortex and Violet were behind the two of them. Aku-Aku, Luigi, and Baby Luigi were following in the rear. The ship seemed rather large both on the outside and inside. Once they went through a door, they saw Peach and Coco there. They approached them but before anything could happen, multiples of Peach and Coco appeared and then disappeared. Crash was about to say something when they heard a voice.

"Like the show so far?" A familiar voice asked.

Everyone looked, seeing Peach and Coco coming in. They still had the purple mushrooms on them. Coming in with them were a dozen Shroobs, ten with their laser guns out. N. Gin was there, standing with Peach and Coco. Baby Luigi was crying. Luigi tried to calm down his baby counterpart. Baby Mario was all hyper and Mario was trying to calm him down too. Spettro whined, scared by all of the Shroobs.

Cortex hissed, "Nicholas, why are you doing this?! I thought I could trust you?!"

N. Gin looked down as he stated, "Forgive me. But I'm not throwing my life away like you did."

Mario pointed out, "But you and Tiny would have been safe on the island."

N. Gin looked at the man in red and added, "I'm not changing my mind, Mr. Manfredi."

That's when he made a signal. Peach and Coco took off their purple mushrooms. Peach was actually Princess Shroob while Coco was a tower of Shroobs. Everyone was freaking out at this point, scared but more than ready to fight. Just then, a Shroob took out a camera, taking pictures. It also blasted back the group of Shroobs, making N. Gin and Princess Shroob retreat. That's when the Shroob spun around, revealing Kylie Koopa.

Kylie shouted, "Now's our chance; whiskers, fur, and icy! This way!" Everyone decided to follow the reporter, just glad that had more help. They got into the elevator as she added, "Gee whiz, were you guys ever in the frying pan! Consider us even for what happened in the caves before."

Aku-Aku told her, "Yes, we are lucky that you decided to follow the Shroob story."

Kylie reported, "Indeed on that. Cause this girl found out that Princess Shroob was actually going to capture icy over there and take over the Mushroom Kingdom!"

Violet breathed, "So that's why they sent the dummies."

Kylie nodded and replied, "That's why." She saw Spettro and asked, "Guard dog, whiskers?"

Luigi answered, chuckling a bit, "More like my pet. Spettro is his name."

Kylie petted Spettro, whom wagged his tail. Luigi smiled at the sight.

Crash asked, "So basically Bowser kidnapping Peach and Coco derailed their plans?"

Kylie answered, "Yeah, who would've thought, eh fur? If he hadn't gotten into the mix, things would be topsy-turvy!"

Cortex wiped his eyes, trying not to cry about what happened with N. Gin. Instead, he was more focused on getting Nina back. She had to be somewhere on this ship, probably.

He asked, "So what now?"

Kylie answered, "Well wait for it, whiskers. For I got a scoop for you!" She brought out her giant key and added, "This key actually goes somewhere in this ship and I'm gonna find out where!"

Mario stated, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go find out!"

Kylie replied, getting off the elevator, "Then come on!" With that, the Mushroom Kingdom heroes and the N. Sanity Island heroes followed Kylie. They happened upon a big room, where there was a machine and a big tile like floor. Kylie was near the machine, all excited. She added, "Time to see the secret of the Shroobs... The scoop of a lifetime!"

The machine started to rumble and all of the sudden the floor opened up. Everyone fell threw it, except for Spettro and Aku-Aku. Spettro whined, seeing his master fall to the Earth like that. Kylie was hanging onto the key for dear life.

Aku-Aku commented, "Apparently that key was a trap."

Kylie shouted, "Yoiks, this doesn't look good!"

Spettro whined as more Shroobs came in. Aku-Aku guarded the ghost pup and the Koopa reporter. The Shroob threw another Shroob at them, making them fall to the Earth as well. (Though Spettro was sort of floating.) N. Gin kept quiet as he watched everyone fall to the Earth. As the Shroobs and Princess Shroob laughed, up on the roof was Prince Bowser.

He asked, "What's all the racket? Somebody eating cookies in there?" He got off of Mr. Thwomp and added, "I'm starving up here! Here I come, cookie-hogs!"

With that, he smashed into the Mother Ship and quickly hid before he was spotted.

...

Meanwhile, Kylie had fallen with Aku-Aku and Spettro. Down below them was Toadbert, still on Yoshi's Island.

Toadbert commented, "We've got to repair the village, by-boogity!" He started to remember something but it was giving him a headache. He added, "Ooh, that image keeps popping into my brain..." He tried to shake it off as he stated, "You know what I've decided? I'm not going to think about it anymore! I'm having fun with the Yoshis and that's good enough for me!"

That's when Kylie fell right on Toadbert's head. Aku-Aku and Spettro landed with her, though they didn't land on Toadbert's head.

Aku-Aku told Spettro, "I fear we are on Yoshi's Island, away from the others."

Spettro whined sadly but was glad that he was with a familiar someone.

Kylie petted him gently, trying to get him to calm down, and added, "Whatta escape! And whatta drop!"

Startling them was Toadbert as he shouted, rather loudly, "I REMEMBER!"

...

Wishmaker1028: Remember what? And of course our princess is in another UFO. Where are Mario and the others? Find out soon! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!