Chapter 5

Hi, Amie here. Before we start this chapter, a short dedication. This chapter is in honor of my Mom, who passed away two years ago. While she did have a disease called Huntington's chorea, which was a disease that attacked her nervous system, she was my Mom. She will always be with me.

Rest in peace, Ranee Denise Winfield-Kuhn. August 21, 1957 - May 21, 2015.

And now, onto the chapter.

...

Back in the past of the Mushroom Kingdom; Mario, Luigi, and Violet had finally reunited with Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Crash. Mario and Luigi offered to give their younger selves piggyback rides, since their legs were too little for the big jumps. As they were exploring the castle, they found a part of the Cobalt Star.

Crash looked at the gem, confused as he asked, "What is this?"

Mario answered, "That's the Cobalt Star!"

Luigi added, "It was the power source of the time machine."

Violet questioned, "So did it break when Peach landed here?"

Crash shrugged as he answered, "Maybe but what was she doing in the past in the first place?"

Mario stated, "She was really excited about going back to the past." That's when he brought out Peach's notes as he added, "She wanted to find a piece of her family. Probably her sister, since she is an only child in our future."

Luigi replied, "That makes sense."

Violet responded, "Well, whatever is going on, let's get back to the present. Elvin might be able to help Crash better than we can."

The brothers and Crash nodded in agreement, picking up the tots. With that, they headed out again. They eventually got to a room with Young Toadsworth in it. He was holding the princesses. Violet got a good look at the baby and if she didn't know any better...

Young Toadsworth turned to them as he stated, "Are you alright? Jolly good!"

Mario nodded and replied, "Yeah, we're all okay."

Luigi looked at the time hole as he commented, "That's our way back."

Crash got a good look at it and told them, "It is so weird..."

Violet responded, "Probably because it is a big swirling hole that we have to jump into." She turned to Young Toadsworth, trying not to stare at the other baby. She added, "I think you better come with us. You and the princesses."

Young Toadsworth protested, "Pardon me? You say that we should leap into that ridiculous hole?! Absolutely rubbish! Do you honestly believe that I would place the princesses in such reckless endangerment?"

Crash perked up at this and asked Mario, "Is he always like this?"

Mario answered, "Even with just one princess."

Young Toadsworth perked up at that as he questioned, "Wait, what do you mean by that?"

Luigi explained, softly, "In our future, Peach is an only child."

Young Toadsworth started to say, "So you are saying that little..."

Violet interrupted, "Come on, let's get out of here."

She stood on the time hole, disappearing into the future. Mario and Luigi both looked confused by this. Why couldn't she wait to get the name of the other princess? Or was she too scared of the Shroobs? Crash did too but decided to follow Violet. He disappeared into the future. Mario followed, holding onto Baby Mario. Luigi was next after them, hanging onto Baby Luigi. Young Toadsworth followed, holding the baby princesses close to him.

...

Meanwhile, in the present, Uka-Uka had discovered that Cortex had left. Not only that but he helped Coco and Aku-Aku escape.

He boomed, "CORTEX! I SWEAR THAT YOUR LIFE IS FORTHWITH!"

Dr. Tropy looked at the tracker as he stated, "He's going to the past of the Mushroom Kingdom. Probably to get to that mutant before we do."

Uka-Uka hissed, "Not before we do. Send Dingodile first. Let him roast Cortex and bring back the ashes to me!"

Dr. Tropy bowed as he replied, "Right away, your evilness."

With that, Tropy walked off and went to get Dingodile. Uka-Uka was furious as he turned to some of the Shroobs were behind him.

He told them, "Do not worry, we're going to get you whatever you need."

...

Meanwhile, in the past of the Mushroom Kingdom, the airship had landed. Cortex loaded up his ray gun as Coco checked on Nina. The toddler was sound asleep. Aku-Aku floated over to her, seeing the concern in her eyes.

He asked, "You worried about her?"

Coco nodded as she answered, "Yeah, she is only three. Not to mention, she's not as bad as I thought she would be."

Cortex walked over to them and stated, "Oh she can sleep through a lot, just leave her here. I have an alarm on this airship. She gets up, the airship locks."

Aku-Aku floated over to Cortex and asked, "So what is the plan?"

Cortex explained, "I'd figure if we start fighting the aliens in the past, we can at least capture one of them. They could probably lead us to probably Crash."

Coco added, "Too bad our technology doesn't work in the Mushroom Kingdom."

Cortex nodded, as they walked towards the castle. They didn't see Dingodile nearby, burning down some houses.

...

Back in the present of the Mushroom Kingdom, Elvin was studying the green alien that was in the time machine. They all walked up to him, as he turned to them, smiling. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi got down from their piggyback rides, going over to the test tube that had the alien inside.

He gushed, "Oh, back at last!" That's when he saw Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, and Crash. He added, "Oh with some other friends as well!"

Mario introduced, "Elvin, meet our baby selves from the past and hero of N. Sanity Isle, Crash Bandicoot."

Elvin replied, "Well welcome to the Mushroom Kingdom of the present!"

Violet brought out the piece of the Cobalt Star as she told Elvin, "We found a piece of the Cobalt Star in Prince Bowser's castle. We theorize that it broke apart when Peach got to the past. She went there in search of her missing sister." She looked at her friends and added, "I can't deny the fact the minute I look at the baby princess, Peach's sister, that I'm looking back at my own self."

Luigi perked up at this and asked, "What do you mean by that Violet? I thought you were born and raised in Chicago."

Violet answered, "See, that's the thing, I just remember being raised in Chicago. The first parts of my life are a blank."

Crash stated, "Well, with most people it is common for people not to remember their baby times."

Violet turned to Elvin and added, "Either way, I'm just saying, I think Peach was looking for me. Her twin sister."

...

Wishmaker1028: Now it is getting good! Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!