Chapter 17

The heroes returned to the Mushroom Kingdom of the present, seeing that Elvin was working. And to the fact that Spettro, Luigi and Violet's adopted ghost pup was laying right next to him. Luigi didn't know why Elvin brought the ghost pup here but he saw the opportunity to introduce Crash, Cortex, and Aku-Aku to the lovable Spettro.

Elvin saw them and gushed, "Oh happy day, you brought back Peach and Coco!" He paused and added, "But yowzer! What is that on their faces?!"

Spettro hid behind Elvin, scared out of his wits. Toadsworth and Young Toadsworth joined them, freaked out as well by the sight.

Young Toadsworth stated, freaking out, "Oh, calamity! How dare this fungus attach itself to our princess's and your sister's beautiful visage!"

Violet teased, "Does that mean I don't have one?"

Toadsworth waved his cane around and replied, "Now now Princess Violet. There is no time for jokes. But I'm rather curious on how all of this happened."

Crash shrugged, worried as he told them, "We have no idea."

That's when both Baby Princess Peach and Baby Princess Violet started to cry. Toadsworth quickly attended to them, trying to get them to calm down. But it wasn't doing any good, the girls kept crying. They were scared.

Aku-Aku noted this and whispered, "That is odd." That's when the magical mask noticed the ghost pup hiding away from Princess Peach and Coco, as if he was scared of them. Spettro was having the same reaction as the girls. He whispered, "Very odd indeed."

Luigi knelled down to Spettro, starting to pet him, and stated, "It's okay, boy... It'll be okay... I'm here..."

Spettro looked up at him, starting to calm down. Baby Luigi was fascinated by the ghost puppy, trying to reach out and pet him. But when his hand went threw Spettro, he didn't cry, he clapped. Luigi smiled at this as Spettro came out of hiding, wagging his tail. 'I guess I wasn't afraid of ghosts yet,' Luigi thought, smiling at Baby Luigi.

Mario noted, "I think Spettro wants to play."

Cortex chuckled as he stated, "In more ways than one."

Luigi was about to let Spettro play with Baby Luigi when the castle started to shake. Everyone looked around, wondering what was going on. All of the sudden, there was a very familiar roar. That's when Bowser entered the room.

He yelled, "Yes, it's time for me to have the princess! She will be mine!" The heroes took fighting stances. And while Peach and Coco weren't reacting, the purple mushroom on their faces did. It launched some purple goo right into Bowser's face. He managed to pull it off, however. He ate it, making everyone flip out as he spit it out, causing a purple mist to enter the room. Bowser laughed evilly, picking up Peach as he did. He added, "Thank you for the princess, Mario! Too bad you never did find your sister, Peach! Otherwise, we could have a two for one day!"

With that, Bowser left the room. Violet was a bit upset. Did Bowser not know that she was Peach's sister? 'Apparently not,' she thought. 'He is not very bright, after all.' Everyone was coughing from the mist at this point. Young Toadsworth tried to stop Bowser with the babies stroller. Baby Peach and Baby Violet were still in it however. Bowser managed to jump the stroller rather easily, though. However, the bridge under him broke. Bowser fell down as did Peach. The two fell right into a time hole that was right underneath the bridge. The mist had left, letting the heroes get up.

Violet coughed as she stated, "Bowser's getting away!"

Cortex added, "We have to go after him!"

A Toad came in and told them, "Uh...that won't be necessary. Bowser fell through a time hole with the princess!"

Mario asked, "He what?!"

Crash replied, annoyed, "Of course he did!"

Luigi pointed out, "Well, at least he didn't take Coco."

Aku-Aku responded, "I'm not too sure if that was Peach and Coco or not. The babies were scared of them as is Spettro."

Violet perked up at this and asked, "Do you think they are fakes?"

Aku-Aku floated up and down as he answered, "Yes, as a matter of fact."

Luigi asked, "So what do we do? Do we still go after Bowser and the fake Peach?"

Crash answered, "I think we should, she could lead us to the real Peach."

Cortex added, "And we leave the fake Coco here for now. Take Spettro with us. Maybe he can track Bowser."

Mario stated, "That's a good idea. Cause I want my girlfriend back!"

With that, they all headed into the time hole and went chasing after Bowser.

...

In the past, they ended up at Thwomp Volcano. They started to climb, letting Spettro take the lead. The ghost pup was excited to be on the mission with the heroes. The volcano was tall and it was taking the heroes a long time to trek to the top. There were some Toads there, doing some extreme things and telling the group that some scientist lives on the volcano. However, as everyone was quick to notice, the volcano was very active. Spettro stopped at one point, whining in fear.

Crash saw this and asked, "What's the matter, Spettro?"

Mario answered, "I think he senses that this volcano is going to blow soon."

Cortex looked around as he stated, "Which means we have to find Bowser and that fake Peach quick before anything happens."

Luigi questioned, "If that Peach is a fake then who's trying to fool us and why?"

Aku-Aku explained, "My money is on Princess Shroob."

Violet breathed, "Probably is.."

The volcano shook again, making Spettro whine a bit louder. The babies started to cry. Mario and Luigi started to bounce their younger selves while Violet decided to cheer up Spettro. It was going to be a long way to the top...

...

Wishmaker1028: Let's get to the top everyone! Who knows what awaits us there? Please read and review! And always think outside of the box!