Loki - is this love?

He was late again. That had happened a lot lately. Thor had been helping you down to Lokis cell the last few days so you could see him. He was an old childhood friend and when you were told what he had done on Midgard and that he was locked in you were devastated and had begged Odin to let you into his cell and talk to him. Sadly, he didn't, the old king was truly merciless when it came to his youngest son. After that you had gone to Thor and after only ten minutes you had convinced him. This was the tenth time you were going to see Loki and you were extremely exited. You jumped up and down in excitement as Thor finally arrived and gave you a gentle smile. "Are you ready lady y/n?"
You nod and follow him to the cells, biting your lip a little since you're going to be alone with Loki today for the first time. Thor trusts you and knows Loki would never hurt you so he'll let you be with the male for one hour. You bite your lip at the thought but immediately stops as you catch Lokis eyes and run to his cell, smiling brightly at him. "Loki!" You whisper as he returns your smile and puts his hand up on the barrier, his voice smooth as he speaks. "You don't have to whisper little lady, there are no guards tonight."
Ah, must be Thors doing.
You nod and in that moment the barrier is gone and you step into the cell, the barrier appearing as soon as you're inside.
"I'll be back in one hour. Be good to her brother."
Loki rolls his eyes as if it's obvious he wouldn't hurt you. You shake your head lightly and hug Loki as soon as Thor is gone, hiding your face in the males chest.
"I missed you."
"You were here last night y/n, are you really that addicted to me?"
"Of course, a servant needs a king to serve."
You grin and as you look up Lokis eyes are shining. You were the only person who still saw him as the true king of Asgard. He didn't deserve to only be a prince when he was capable of doing so much more than that.. you shake your head to get the thought out and immediately remember a surprise you brought for him. You find a book you managed to hide Under your dress and blush slightly as you give it to him.
"I found this last time I was on Midgard and I thought you might like it."
The book was by Shakespeare, a man who were quiet known by the people in Midgard. His works were said to be very beautiful. This one was called "Romeo and Juliet" and it just appealed to you.
"Y/n.. you know me far too well little lady."
He smile as he takes the book and takes your hand, following you to the bed were he sits and you lay down, resting your head in his lap. He starts reading while playing with your hair and you close your eyes, slowly dozing off to the sound of Lokis voice.

~a few hours later~

You wake up when Loki shakes you lightly and you stretch.
"How long have I slept?"
"Three hours my dear. Thor thought he'd let you sleep. He'll be here soon to check if you have awakened and take you back to your room."
You whine and sit up, resting your head on Lokis shoulder. You look into the book over his shoulder and smile as you notice he has reached a certain place that you loved in that book.
"When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew."
You quote from the book and look into Lokis green eyes. He opens his mouth to speak but closes it again and smiles softly at you.
"It is a beautiful book lady y/n, but may I ask why you chose it? You know love stories never have been something I give much thought."
You shrug and look at him as if it's obvious but soon you look away. He doesn't get a hint. The book, the quote, the way you seek any kind of contact with him.. you shake your head and get up, quickly fixing your h/l h/c so it doesn't look too messy.
"Thor will be here soon.. so.."
You look back and instead of Loki sitting on the bed he is right in front of you, his hands stroking your arms as they move down to your hands. He holds them so gently, like he's prepared for you to pull yours away.
"Please, don't go, stay a little longer."
Your eyes widen slightly at his words since this is the first time he have told you to stay. Most of the other times he would just give you a quick hug and go to sleep. You shake your head and squeeze his hands lightly.
"I'm sorry Loki but I can't. It's late and I need to sleep and so do y-"
"Sleep here. With me."
You are taken aback by his words and you can see he is too. Loki immediately let go of your hands and shake his head lightly.
"Pardon me, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable."
He smile softly and give you a short nod.
"Thor will be here within a few minutes, you should take the book. If the guards find out you visit me.."
You sigh and laugh lightly as you walk up to him, taking his right hand in yours and look up into his beautiful, emerald eyes.
"It would still be worth it."
You whisper and kiss his cheek lightly. As you move away he places his left hand on your cheek and leans down, placing his warm lips on yours. They're so cold but yet so soft.. you close your eyes and melt into the oh so sweet kiss. He's so gentle, like he's scared of breaking you.
After a few seconds, Loki pulls away and steps away from you ever so slowly, a confused look in his eyes. A small, careful grin appears on his lips as he speaks.
"Is this love?"
You smile and walk up to him, hugging him closely as you peck his lips and smile as you nod.
"It is, my king. It is."