Tom - night terrors

01:30 in the morning. You groan as you move your eyes away from the clock on the white wall. Tom had been up late the last few weeks to practice his lines for a new movie. It's a big role and because he had been ill earlier he hadn't had much time to practice which meant he had to work overtime now to catch up. It was bothering you. Every night you stayed up late, hoping he'd come in and sleep with you but sadly that never happened and when you woke up in the morning he was always gone to work long ago. You had thought about talking to him about it but being you, you were too nervous. He seemed stressed and you didn't want to make it worse by making him feel guilty about not being much with you. You hadn't seen much to him. You missed Thomas. A sigh escaped your lips as you got up from your position on the floor and pulled on one of his shirts that was a little too big for you but that's what made it amazing, and even better was that it smelled of him. You inhale deeply and smiled slightly but it was a sad smile. Oh what you'd do to have one night in his strong and safe arms, especially because of your sleeping problems. It wasn't falling asleep that was the problem, not even close actually, it was what happened after, and waking up again. It had gotten worse every night and for every night it got harder and harder to wake up again. You shuddered in discomfort at the thought and a small knot of anxiety formed in your stomach. It felt heavy but you needed sleep. Tomorrow it was weekend which means there was a chance you'd actually get to spend time with Tom. Your anxiety vanished immediately at the memory of the weekends where the two of you would go out, watch movies, dance around the house and fool around and sing Disney songs until dawn. You missed that. It had been one month since you last did it and it was after you two stopped it that your sleeping problems had started. You shake the thoughts off and walk to the bed, sitting at the corner of it a little before laying down. You cast one last look at the door that sadly stays closed until your eyes become too heavy for you to keep them open and you drift into sleep.

Dark. It's dark everywhere. You hate the dark.
You're alone. The anxiety is heavy in all your body, your head is pounding and your heart is beating faster than you thought possible.
Being alone is the worst. No one to run to. No one to hug. No one to tell you it's gonna be okay. You start hyperventilating and your chest feels tight, like someone's slowly tightening their grip around it and pressing your ribs in and forcing the air to leave your lungs.
You try to scream but you can't get more out than a mere whisper. It's quiet, no one would be able to hear it. You try again. Nothing. No words, no sound, nothing. Your body is shaking and suddenly you see him. He's standing not too far away from you. Tom. You smile and try to get up but you can't, somethings holding you down. It feels like chains. You can't move. You try to call out for him, the frustration and panic is starting to take over. You need him. Need him to hug you, to pull you up to your feet and dance with you, to kiss you, to sit in front of the fireplace and quote Shakespeare to you while you quote Disney to him. You keep trying to call out to him but he doesn't hear you. He doesn't as much as glance your way, he's too deeply concentrated about what he's reading. Oh Thomas. You keep trying to get his attention but you can't. You can't. He suddenly disappears and you try to scream for him to come back but no sound leaves your lips as the tears roll down your cheeks.
No.
Don't go.
Please don't leave me alone, I need you.
I love you.

"NO!" You wake up with a scream, your body is shaking, your heart is racing and the tears are running down your cheeks like a waterfall. It was just a dream, thank god..
"Y/n?!"
Your eyes look up and you immediately wipe away the tears but he has already seen them.
"Hey Tom." You mutter, ashamed that he heard you scream over a stupid nightmare.
"Why did you scream up like tha-Darling, you're crying.."
He almost runs over to you and pulls you up from the bed and into his arms, one hand on your lower back and the other stroking your hair. He smells like tea and coffee and a little bit of mint too and the rest.. Thomas. You wrap your arms around him and let your tears free, letting all of it out.
"It was just a nightmare darling, it's okay, I'm here."
His voice is soft and you slowly manage to calm yourself. While you try to control your breathing he whispers sweet words into your ears and plays with your h/c h/l hair.
"Don't leave me alone. Please Tom, I can't be alone, it scares me."
"I'm not going anywhere my dear, I promise I won't let you be alone again."
His voice is full of honesty and you wipe your eyes with the back of your hand before you look up at him. His blue eyes are full of worry and his whole face seems to be filled with sorrow and blame. He probably blamed himself for letting this happen.
"Don't look like that Tom, please smile for me, I love your smile."
And as told, he smiles down at you before kissing the top of your head as he lays you down on the bed.
"Wait there darling."
He whispers before going to the closet, changing into some sweatpants and no shirt. His sleeping clothes. You smile happily and hold up the covers when e comes over to you.
"Crawl in."
You smile like a little kid when e crawls under the blanket and holds you close to his chest so you can listen to his steady heartbeat.
"No more night terrors my dear. I'll never let you sleep alone again, I promise."
The thought makes your heart flutter and you nod, leaning up a little to kiss his lips, it's full of passion, passion that you've missed unbelievably much. His lips are soft and one of his hands cups your cheek, his thump lightly stroking your cheekbone. 'Mine' you think to yourself as he pulls away and gives you a tired but loving look.
"I love you y/n, now get some sleep, I'll stay by your side and keep you safe."
His words are like the sun, warm and impossible to resist. You nod as you snuggle closer to him. He shifts so you can lay with your head on his chest and your right hand on his stomach. You inhale his sweet scent deeply before you drift off to sleep with a smile on your lips, knowing that you'll never have to face those night terrors again.