I've Got Scars From a Life Before You

Start from the beginning

A year and a half.

"What about IU?" Taehyung probed. "Are you che—"

"No," Jungkook interjected, cutting Taehyung off. "I'm not cheating. And technically, I never was. IU and I were never official—I never asked her out. We flirted occasionally, but there were no romantic feelings on my part."

"So you're stringing her along?" Taehyung accused, his tone turning venomous. He didn't care about IU, but he despised how you had changed his best friend. "What's wrong with you?"

"There's nothing wrong with me," Jungkook retorted, his eyebrows furrowing. "What's your problem? You've never said anything like this before. Shouldn't you be happy that I actually like someone?"

"Someone like [Y/N]?" Taehyung scoffed bitterly, shaking his head in disbelief. "Are you kidding me?"

"Excuse me?" Jungkook's anger flared. Taehyung had struck a nerve. "What are you implying?"

"I just don't think she's right for you," Taehyung sighed, his voice softening. He hadn't intended to argue with his best friend. "You deserve someone better."

"Like who?" Jungkook challenged, raising an eyebrow expectantly.

"I...I don't know," Taehyung hesitated, fighting the urge to say me. "Just someone better."

"Bullshit," Jungkook laughed bitterly, shaking his head in disbelief. "You're just jealous."

"Jealous?" Taehyung's eyes widened, caught off guard. Did Jungkook know? "What are you talking about?"

"I saw you dancing with her at Yoongi's masquerade party," Jungkook replied, his tone laced with danger. "I know you like her."

Relief washed over Taehyung. Phew.

Wait...

What?

"That's not true," Taehyung replied, his lips pursed tightly.

"Then what is it?" Jungkook pressed, waiting for an explanation.

"I..." I love you. "I don't know."

"Whatever," Jungkook dismissed, rolling his eyes. "Believe what you want. I don't care about your opinion."

Jungkook's venomous words wounded Taehyung more than he let on.

"Fuck you."

Those were the last words Taehyung spat before storming off, consumed by a toxic rage that filled his entire being.

• • •

Taehyung seethed with anger.

His knuckles turned white as he clenched his fists, exerting great effort to keep silent and avoid shattering into a million pieces. His teeth ground together, suppressing the explosive energy bubbling within him. His hunched posture radiated an acidic animosity, burning, slicing, and potent. His face flushed tomato red from the surge of suppressed rage, his mind clouded and turbulent.

Lost in his own perilous thoughts, Taehyung nearly tripped over someone crouched on the floor. At the last moment, he veered to the left, stumbling into a nearby wall. Quickly regaining his balance, he dusted off his shirt and turned to see a strikingly handsome man glaring back at him, irritation marking his temple.

The man possessed tousled, dark brown hair, thick and lustrous. His mesmerising eyes were a rich chocolate, with captivating flecks of a lighter brown dancing within. His face exuded strength and definition, chiselled from pure granite. His dark eyebrows formed a serious expression, contrasting with his typically playful smile, which now hardened into a stern line. His perfect lips beckoned for a kiss.