C h a p t e r 3

After the party Alex went home. I wasn't happy that he had to leave but I was happy because he gave me his number. Now I know what you're thinking but no, he didn't give me his number because he likes me; I highly doubted he did. I mean look at him and look at me. He gave me his number because I told him that I was interested in building a new office for his new business.

I ran up to me room, slammed the door behind me, and and hugged my phone with my eyes closed. That's how happy I was. He told me that if I wanted I could start tomorrow. And I had the perfect out fit. That night I tried to sleep but I couldn't. Sarah, my personal maid walked in and sat on the edge on my bed.

"Sweetie, are you asleep yet" said whispered.

"Ugh! no I can't stop thinking about Alex" I said with excitement.

"See that what I wanted to talk to you about" she said uncovering me.

I gave her the "What hell you talking about" face and said "What the hell you talking about Sarah".

She combed her fingers through my hair and said "Is it me or was Mr. Edward have a thing for you?"

I put on a big grin and said "I still don't know what you're talking about".

"Ohh Sam, I think you know what I'm talking about- doesn't it look like he's flirting on you?" she said winking.

"Umm no... get the hell out of here Sarah I'm trying to sleep!" I yelled trying to kick her.

"OK OK I'm leaving but I think you know"she said walking backwards till she closed my door in front of her.

I finally fell asleep. The next morning I got up but this time I wasn't as slow as I usually was. I rushed to brush my teeth, I rushed to take a shower, I rushed to put on clothes, do my hair, and eat breakfast. I did all of this because I decided to skip school to go to a construction sight.

I knew my dad wouldn't allow me to skip school so when I ran down the stairs, I gave each servant and maid $1000 to keep their mouths shut. I slowly opened the door and ran down a few steps, run around the the mermaid fountain where Alex was wanting for me. When he first laid eyes on me, I knew he was staring at me with lust just by looking at his face expression. And the funny part is I did it on purpose. I had a khaki overalls, timberland boots, followed by a hard hat; I guess you could say I was ready.

"Wow, did you plan to wear this or...?" Alex said with a smile and taking off his shades.

"No way" I said " I would never.

"Right, you really need to work on your lying skills" he said.

"ugh! is it that noticeable?" I said crossing my arms.

"its that noticeable" he said making his way to his car.

I hopped in the front seat. "So did you tell your dad where you were going?" he said starting the car.

"Nah, I have a feeling he won't find out" I said.

"If you say so" he said backing up.

It was like an hour drive. We talked about our childhood which I must say was boring because we were both born rich. When we got there, he parked under a specially made parking garage. As I stepped out of the car I could sense that all eyes were on me which was flattering at some point but started to feel pressure. So many older guys staring at me. Were they staring at me because they wanted me or were they staring at me because I looked to young to de here. I hope they didn't think that I was Alex's daughter; that would just be weird. 

"Everyone please stop what you're doing, that means you too Jake, this is Sam" he began, and she will be working with us today. I want you all to make her feel welcome".