Awakening

It's so cold and dark down here. It's ominous, eerie, and above all too quiet. I've been awake for a while now and haven't heard a peep. Will someone ever come back for me? Maybe Master will finally rescue me. I just want to be reunited with my savior.

I'm still feeling the effects of the sedative. I can't really remember when I was sedated or why, and I definitely don't know where I am. I must've been out for quite a while because my stomach is twisting and turning in pain. I feel like I'm starving.

"Hello?" I croaked. "Anybody? Please help." I said desperately, barely above a whisper.

"She's awake." I heard a whisper. All fell silent again, and then, without warning, a slender man in a black shroud appeared, making me scream from surprise.

"Shhh." He said annoyedly. "Adriana, it is time-"

"Oh my god. You're gonna kill me, aren't you?" I sobbed.

"What? No. Shut up, okay, okay? Just stop interrupting. Where was I? Oh yes. It is time for you to be freed of your shackles. Free from Matthew." He stated.

I winced. "Why do you have to separate us?" I whined.

"You don't understand. You will." He said simply, then got out a spell book- a grimoire, wasn't it?

He began speaking in a language I didn't understand, sitting on his knees in front of me, eyes closed. I could feel something breaking inside of me, like I was losing a part of me. My soul was being drained.

I drifted in and out of consciousness in the lengthy ritual he performed, at least an hour long. With each passing minute I felt lighter, but also felt less and less alive. Every memory of mine was fading, every scarring event from these past few days, and I felt emptied fully. Finally, he stopped, and fell backwards, breathily heavily and looking exhausted.

"Adriana?" He said breathily.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Who's your Master?" He asked groggily.

"Do I have to say it?" I groaned.

"What?" He asked, confused. Though I'm not sure who he is.

"It's just that Ezra makes me say it all the time. But look, sure, Ezra is my Master, blah, blah. Happy?" I said sarcastically.

He sighed a breath of relief. "Very happy. You're going to be pretty confused for a while because you won't remember anything from the past week or so. Ezra will fill you in. Well, Adriana, it's good to finally meet the real you. I'm not sure if Ezra still wants you chained up or not, what does he normally do?" He asked carefully.

"He leaves me untied mostly." I say eagerly, a definite lie.

"Hey, not so fast." Ezra's voice stops the man from unlocking me. "I need some time to speak to my girl. Do you mind?" Ezra asked the man, and he nodded and left without a word.

"Adriana, Adriana, Adriana. My oh my. You sure do like to get yourself in trouble. Do you know that as of right now you've forgotten all memories for the last week and a half? Of course you don't. But now you're helpless and at my mercy. You don't know how much pain you've endured and how much you've suffered and sobbed. You've been abused and used. You've been through some disgusting and graphic stuff. But thanks to my friend, all of that is gone! Like the wind. Nothing to worry about. We're going to head back to the house in the next few hours." He explained, crouching down next to me. I began to whimper.

"Ezra, I don't want to go back." I cried.

"Don't worry babe. You won't be there for long." He reassured mysteriously.