Chapter 15: Home? Not home.

A similar feeling of Orlaisian fabric, comforted the side of my face with soft delicacy. Appreciating every moment of peace at the absence of being distilled, my mind and emotions had gotten the better of me. I was in a dream. A dream, that faintly resembled reality in every way. Only, that reality, had a hint of the exact opposite. I dreamt of my father's safe face and Mella's beautiful one, I remembered the periwinkle dress with white sleeves fluffed to perfection. Her light blue eyes, nearing violet, greeted me and Father's arm closed her into a loving embrace. Family. Just to be with family, whether it was false or not, just gave me happiness. I forced myself to see it as fiction, because to me this was the thing that had desired. I think of how much I look like my father and it's the only thing that's keeping the image of him sacred in my mind, so I do not fret much about him. But it is the fact that my vision of Mella is slipping. I do not know how she will look now, so a glimpse of her is all I can see. She stands, then begins to fade away. "No." from my lips, a heart that had been weighed down by an anchor.

"don't...go..." And I see my father wave farewell, as his smile betrays me. I betrayed me.

The blanket flew into the air. My lids ripped themselves open. I started to reanimate, into reality once more and then all the memories of the past...also betray me. Here I am, sitting, in a room on a bed of an unknown owner and all alone but with the colors around me. A tear falls down.
"Why did it have to be that way."
"And what other way, I ask?" Upon the unexpected voice ringing making it's presence well known, I spot the raven known as Morrigan. Her garbs still the same and as tattered as before.
I wonder how it was that I got here again? "Morrigan?" I call her name as if to make sense of it all.
"Ah yes, Grey Warden. It is I, Morrigan. Do not worry, and do make sur not to get up too fast? I wouldn't want to re-bandage up your town wounds from my ever so meticulous stitching and bandaging. The last thing we need is you bleeding out while your mission is still far from becoming achieved." She stopped, with a snarky tone at that. I didn't expect anything less.
"Oh of course...." I roll my eyes. If it was so mch of a bother than why care in the first place, I always say. "But wait- You did what?"
In turn she was the annoyed one. "If your elongated ears fail you, perhaps I'll have to take a look at that too."

"Just answer the question."

"Aren't we the pushy one? Well, if you must know....the fires of Ostagar spread across the Kocari wilds. Mother sensed your danger, and came to your aid."

"...She what?"

"IF you're wondering how...she turned into a dragon and gathered you and Alistair here, while I bandaged you up." "Very funny, Morrigan."

"Of all people, you should know that to be truth."

"And just what do you mean by that?"

Morrigan twisted her amaranthine lips. "You are dalish- are you not? Do not act as if you do not know, I am no fool."

"Uh..."

"Your idiot friend is outside waiting for you. I'd check on him, he was worried sick. He even went so far as to stay up all night."

Yeah, I'm not staying here. I got up, putting back my clothes, and walked out leaving Morrigan to carry her own odd superiority complex by her lonesome. It was enough just listening to her say a single word; too much conversation. When I reached the outdoors, looking back at the swamp, I saw Flemmeth and Alistair. The old lady struck discomfort with me. But, for Alistair's sake. Okay.

I take slow steps, carefully. Though not quietly enough, "Duncan...he's been killed." he says to me. "They, They killed him...and I wasn't there to save him we could have been-

"Alistair?" I'd never seen him like this before...

"Thank, god. You're awake....I was so worried, but- we lost...so much. It's only a miracle that you're still alive." But his look said, 'at what cost' "That bastard...Loghain...he never sent his troops in! He let Duncan die! Him and Caillan!"

Caillan? Dead? No, no this― has to be a mistake. "What are you talking about, just- calm down a bit."

"There is no such thing as calm."he said with a tone of sorrow that covered what was left of his rage. No it was as if there was nothing that was lighting it up. "Duncan....he...."

And without a single word left, Alistair's ashen blonde hair was all that my eyes had visual on as his head hung low. Defeat seemed to be the only thing that was on that battlefield to him. In reality, it was pure betrayal. Something that I have seen before. I have lived through. The last thing that I wanted, was to see him fall. My love for him and his family wouldn't let me.

I lay my hand on his shoulder, lifting his face with the other. And with one big powerful slap to the face, I said to him: "This is not over. We have a lot more, to live for. Evil will not win, so long as we are both breathing together. Duncan may have died and so did Caillan, but it will not be in vain. None of those deaths will have been forgotten in the wind, and that is truth!"

The shock in his face only lasted for a few seconds. "You're right. You're absolutely right." and the least he did was shed a slight grin. "You always were, weren't you? And no one ever listened."

"Hey, at least you did." And that was always. I grinned, turning over to Flemmeth who had been laughing at the entire display. Her aura turned much more light than what i felt before.

"Oh you are but children in my eyes." she sighs reminiscently. "But, with a big responsibility over your shoulders. Now I did not fly up there and save you for no reason."

"Right, and we're supposed to take that as fact that someone like―

he saw the sneer on her face, causing him to clear his throat quickly swallowing his words.

"As Greywardens, you have a duty to do. And if Duncan were here, he would definitely not want to see you two falling down like this."

Quickly flipping over to Alistair, I smirked. "She's right you know~"

"Now where have I heard that before." he rolled his eyes. "Alright, Alright...but I know of a place. If it's possible...I'd like to go to Redcliffe as soon as possible. Arl Eamon and Teagon are worthy and respectable men, that would do anything in their power to aid us against the blight! Then we can go back to the Circle of Magi, where you're from! We can use more than just one templar on our team. We can gather allies and rebuild the forces of olden days. The Frostback mountains! Dwarves the little buggers! We can do this!" he sounded more determined. "We can, can't we?"

"Yes, Alistair...we can..."

....

Who thought that it would be a great idea for Morrigan to tag along in the first place? For one, she's the daughter of the arch demon reincarnated, which is doubly bad, because Morrigan. And I am not one for listening to whining adults banter back and forth like child's play just beyond the wilds, into a refugee town....while people are here starving and trying to get by due to the inequality of these Templars and wicked; corrupted individuals, with little to no shelter...we're over here arguing about where to go next to fight the actual blight itself. FIGHTING OVER WHERE TO GO TO FIGHT THE BLIGHT FIRST. "If you two don't shut up!"

"Tell that to the witch."

"I refuse to be talked to like that!"

"Well, I don't care! Now we're going to Arl Eamon and Teagon's because they have much more power over things around here, and the Dwarves!. They may be short but they're vital to everything we know, then we can go to the Dalish elves and---

Morrgian scoffed as if something was funny about what I just said.

"What?"

"You chose to put your people last?"

"You know, Just because my dad was dalish and taught me some things I wasn't even there for doesn't mean I suddenly think less of myself. I wasn't even born in a dalish clan! And on top of that, they have my vial stored up in Orlais because that's where I came from! Now if you don't shut up right now, so help me, I will gather up all that I learned from Circle of Magi and report you as an apostate mage!" I walk away tired of hearing their mouth, when I encountered a random elf citizen, approaching. "Turn back while you still can." "Oh my god what is it now!'

Before he could even answer I push him out of the way and continue forward. Surely Alistair and Morrigan can fight their own battles, and catch up with me later..