Chapter 8:Fiends Who Dwell in Gehenna

I awoke. My mages robes torn into tatters, amongst the hem, and a splitting unearthly headache that scorched the insides of my ears. At first my eyes struggles to lease themselves open, when upon sight of the damnations in front of me..it was oblivion. A wretched distorted world, in which roamed a heavily ill-gloomy, oasis. Wisps of death flew around hauntingly, seemingly disconnected with their past selves which their humanity brimmed. They were souls that weeped, and could only lash out with sorrows. But those were not the only dangers. While clashing through the plains of anbanal, one familiarity amongst the waking dead, has stirred my curiosity.

It was a small furrow of grey matted hair, on all fours with the daintiest of black eyes. It squeaked like a human, but trotted like a rodent.

"Hello, a-are they gone?"

"Gone? The wisps, yes they are gone."

"Oh? Then, hello." What an awkward transition. "I am mouse, one of the...lost wanderers of the fade. Like you."

"I am not a lost wanderer! I am going through my harrowing today. And i will succeed for my family's sake."

I crossed a blind sighted lip at the animal. "Wait, you're just a rat."

"Haha excuse me for a bit."

Before my eyes a shine of light emerged around the beast, as it formed into a much more sensible form in which my tensions were more than much releived. Of course, now i know it is a mage who has been forever lost in the fade, in the shape of a small mouse.

"Alright then mouse, I am Adelaide Surana. At your service."

He didn't seem too obliged to meet me. Well, who would if they met another who possibly could have a chance of eternity in anbanal.

"Yes...well, I guess you should be on your way." The man turned to his backside in place of his front, whispering a clearly audible offense. "If you make it that is."

"What is that supposed to mean? Of course I will make it, the first enchanter says I am the most gifted of all the mages!" I smile somewhat cockily, knowing that i would be triumphant.

"Than you are foolish to believe that." He snapped solemnly. "We are going to be left here to rot...unless."

Mouse, now facing me directly, plastered a smile onto his face suddenly. "You can help me!"

"Help you?"

It didn't make much sense seeing that he already lost connection with the living world. "Of course!"

"So, what a little fraidy mouse is gonna stand by why i do all the tough work? Don't think so-

"Well, i'm tired of running! Please let me help! Maybe, just maybe, i can get back to my body?"

It took me some thought even considering that this blind rat would be worth my time. He is awfully committed to his act, so therefore he must not be real.
I suppose it'd be in my best interest to entertain this idea.

"Fine then."

"Finally!"

And so we traveled past all the trials and regulations of the darkest corners from the fade: Ephemeralities met by my ending hand, which all proved to be rather easy. The harrowing was actually a bit terrifying though, but the fact that everything was going so smoothly confused my train of thought...which is when we ran into, a...

"Oh my! The maker, what is that?!"

"It's..." Not even mouse could make any real sense of it." A demon?"