Chapter 14: Undefined Threats

Crimson Smog. Not dark and black, but a blood red sky filled with embers and a dark light emanating from the Darkspawn forces right outside of the walls of Ostagar. The circle of mages, formed their units underneath the templar overseer's chains. I grit my teeth wincing at the scene, that took em away from the real dangers. The sounds of wailing and distorted nosies unusual to the ear of any elf or human or even dwarf could match. My heart skipped a million and one beats of terror, and dread. But only if I could fathom the situation, this was all too new to me. Demons of Pride, Desire, Rage, and Sloth thickening in the fade. Abominations demons of magi, are not the only horrifying beings to exist. This was the ether, of hell itself. Brought into the existence of the laws of nature and light. The exuberance was indeed draining in the event of the Blight. Darpsawn Emissaries, Hurlocks, Genlocks! Things that I have not seen other in the face of a man. It was, more so the fact that we could become these things..not just Blight wolves, Dire bears or.... what are we to do if this battle is lost? King Caillan...he, is going to die. IF we don't do anything about this, it'll be the end of what I have left of Orlais and my past other than Alistair. Mella and father...are...gone. Veronice.... the weight of this, everything in a scorching fire. The tents were burning down, and the units of the Teryn set out. A fellow that I had forgotten about during the midst of all of this. Ferelden's Kingdom. Where were they? and What of Redcliffe. All of this realization that had been unknown to me because of the Circle's walls of recluse. What is it that the world doesn't wish us to know?  I was pulled to the side, walking past the bridge where the catapults and ballistas shot above at the enemy forces. Meteors. Meteors, demolished us! As I hit the ground, out of the proximity half way along the bridge, Alistair laid there out of breath trying to shake me out of it. 

"What are you doing?" He squinted with..almost what seemed to be some form of anger. "I can't keep doing this, if you're not willing to get your head in the mission Adela!" 

"I know, I know, it's just— This is nothing compared to the fade. It's all confusing, and nothing makes sense! I've seen unexplainable things, beyond this now. But no one stops to say why." 

I tell him, causing a silence between us that only lasts for seconds as he falters looking off at the soldier's incinerated arm and the sword melting off into ashes and molten lava at the meteor's strike. The soot from the cannons polluting the air, let us bathe in it's color. Like black snow.

"look." he took my arm, and pulled me up on my feet while he was still kneeling. "This is a blight. Nothing will ever make sense." I shook my head. "No. No it can't be it. We did something wrong!"

From a far distance there were other soldiers waiting for us near the tower's road path, screaming and yelling for out attention. There was no time for banter or arguing or any just reasoning for immoral actions. I nod off to Alistair, and pull away from him while he followed behind towards the actual root of the problem. When we reached the two soldiers, an archer and fellow warrior, another round of meteor strikes had broken down the walls of the bridgeway and broken down the path back. As if there was any going back. "Good." The Archer yeilded his crossbow, giving off a dirty mean look. Seriousness, and disarray were clear to the both of us. 

"Do you have any idea how close you two were to death?" 

None of us answered him and sat there in our own self pity. The warrior standing beside in light of this, made his statement.
"We've no time for this. Let us light the lantern above the third tier and alert Loghain."
Alistair clears his throat. "He's right. Let's go." And with that we headed off into the tower.

Caged Mabari defiling purity of the towers! Horrible Darkspawn all over plaguing everything. Nothing was left...of Ostagar. We were barely able to stand on the same ground any longer, without fear of being finished off. We fought, through all the flights. Not without spilling our own blood in the process of it. The first floor was just as heavily guarded as the second, and the more dead found of Grey Wardens. Was this all necessary? In wake of this? I refuse to believe that this is the end...If i were to ever hope to see my father's face again and tell him that I love him again. 
This had to end. But, this time it wasn't just me who was beginning to see the clear picture of it.
Light metal, making heavy stops behind me stopped. Panting increased, distinctly, burdened.
I spin around to face Alistair, whose face showed loss of hope. His face colored with the same crimson that the sky had been. 
"Adela, if anything happens." No. Not now, after all of this. "I'm sorry," he stopped to breathe, "I'm sorry for treating you like this throughout the entire initiation. I was trying to protect you."
And I already knew this. "You do not have to say a word,  Alistair. You are still the same boy you've always been to me. Just scared. I am too."  By the time we'd finished.
The third floor was already a short distance from us. Just the first step. and then...we were at 
the top. Alistair fell behind needing some time to process it all as I still was. But three of us still
Pushing through as much as we possibly could. We marched up into the room, and saw....

"Ogre!" Alistair threw his shield over at the being who was hunched over in its dark grey skin. His horns protruded forward, and teeth like pointy myths of an orc in elven tales. Proportions out of this realm of existence! The evil emanating off of this creature was....immense and unending. 
Fear. "He–elp—" the soldier in his arms, spine was broken.The ogre's grasp in one hand alone had crushed it, and twisted his body into two bleeding on his index fingers and his armor bent as if simple clay work was at hand. I got into range and started using light magic to ward off the three. "We need to clear the area out! Or else the Teryn won't act on signal. The King's life is on the line, and so are the grey warden's." Casting a spell of leeching onto the Ogre, left if susceptible to attacks and would slowly ruin it's life-force allowing internal bleeding.  I continued to cast a rain of lightning rune's over to shock it, while the Archer had shot arrows enchanted with poisonous stones and pointed tips of metal. As the Ogre had fell staggering onto it's knee, Alistair jumped above and took out the shield which had knocked the side of it's head into stars. He slashed multiple times at hit's shoulder, arm and chest area, trying to breech into his heart. The other warrior, attacked it's ankles in hope of decapitating it. I stuck elements of ice. The Ogre was furious and formidable. Though it's weaknesses were all lack of intellect strategy, and only feat was strength. I froze his leg in place, as the warrior shattered it with two hits of his long/short swords. As a last resort, the Ogre grabbed ahold of Alistair's body slowly making indents in his splint mail. "No!" I screamed aloud, as . a bright light had pierced through my body. I saw his eyes  shed tears at the excruciating pain just like the soldier's whose body lay in two on the tiles. I strike the daggers of light into the Ogre's vital points, as they explode and puncture his veins. The hand hat held Alistair opened up dropping him to the ground. The Ogre's limbs had been severed and all that was left was the head and torso as it  was bleeding out on the ground, slowly fading in and out of consciousness. Rushing over to Alistair, I  saw that his arm had been slightly fractured. I'd used all my mana so far, and could not numb is pain or heal it. Instead he urged me to light the fire, which I 've done forming the aspect of a Phoenix so that it could burst through and show the way to the Teryn's unit. And so it had been lit, however...the tower was gone. The doors opened up, and we were cornered at the edge of the Balcony. We were out numbered. The darkspawn took ahold of the two other soldiers, and left only Alistair and Me. And then as if a divine intervention...or maybe a second harrowing to come lied in it's wake, a Dragon?!? Much like the one I saw in the fade no less! Dove in from the sky, with it's loud shriek that blew away the darkspawn into oblivion. Only the noise had been too much to bear. I cuffed my hands around my ears at failed attempt to get rid of the awful sound. My eyes were popping out of my head at this point, and my brain pounding. I saw Alistair lying on the ground, knocked out. I tried to walk over to him, but the Dragon's voice was louder...and i cold no longer stay awake.