Chapter 3: The Last Cometh

Teryn Alexius Tirani

"They're to be coming eve of day, milord. Is this proper schedule?"

"Yes, yes. So be it, cousin Maric is visiting here with his son i take it? What about the...boy?"

"Oh that one. Yes he is to be there as well, along with Teagan and Eamon.

The messenger takes his leave, passing unto me this wracked uneasiness. "So it is to be done. I must prepare for the night."

I look out the open window arms lying on the doily, into the far sunset, that revealed a path of complimentary orange and red colors as the noon passed. The birds chirps slowly had begun to die off, as the sky greyed and blackened. Today was the day, of the annual family gathering. It felt as if, there would be a reckoning unlike any other.

"My love?"

I turn my back towards the scenery, to face my cherished lady. She had put on a fine red gown that laid across the floor, standing straight with both her hands folded below her waist.

"The guests, are beginning to arrive. We shall get the servants fully dressed, in decent clothing." She smiles.

"Yes, that would be for the best. After all.." I let out a heavy wind of relief. "This is a royal reunion is it not? Every one coming from wedlock, cousins of cousins, and close family is to be here."

"Then we haven't a moment to spare." She laughs, beautifully. "I will set the lights."

A sharp worry tends to my heart after hearing those words, which causes me to back lash. "Veronice, do not do any of those things you do!"

She gives me a wicked glare, that shoots straight through my veins, turning me ice cold. "Oh, do not worry my love. I will restrain myself. After all, we do not want any unwanted guests, now do we?"

Terna Veronice Tirani

The carriages align neatly outside the estate, along with couples and their children. As the lady of the house, I stand outside greeting them all pleasurably and respectively. But in truth, i had been awaiting my cousins, for there was a celebration at hand to be in their favor.

"Veronice? Is that you?"

Just as I was beginning to weary, my attention drew forth to my dear cousin and his son. They both resembled each other well, each with blond locks and blue eyes.

"Auntie Veronice!" the little boy yelled, then rushed over to me as quickly as possible. "Father has been talking non stop about how much time we spent away from each other."

"Ha ha, now Cailan, be a polite little prince you hear?" Maric walks over to me with a sincere smile. "As family, we should be able to see each other more often. I'm glad you made room for this even."

"And what of the, uh- boy?"

Maric takes long look at Cailan, before returning back more anxiously than before. "The boy is with Teagan and Arl Eamon, as we speak. They should be somewhere in the dining hall, I assume."

"Aw, yes. That one was always the pig... wasn't he?"

Adela