Chapter 20 - Group Chats

Bắt đầu từ đầu

I figured that would be it, but he responded right away.

*oh dang! I thot u were mad - L

*yeah it sucks - L

I answered him.

*thanks - M

Again I expected the texting to stop, but it didn't.

*Can I ask you something? - L

My heart was pounding for some reason.

*sure - M

*i heard something...-L

And that must have been why my heart was pounding. Deep down I knew he'd heard the rumor too. I was still shaking my head. When would the stupidity end? Why did people still believe anything Dylan said?

*THATS NOT TRUE!! - M

I know l was using shouty caps, but I wanted to end it before it began.

*Whoa- L

*calm down tiger - L

*thats good because I didn't THINK you'd leave campus with Gina...willingly anyway. ;-P - L

The second I read that last text, my first thought was 'what?' That's what he'd heard? Great. Now I had to clean up my own mess with Dylan's mess. I just hoped I didn't make a brand new mess.

*oh...that -M

*yeah I did leave with her -M

*shes cool -M

Luke obviously didn't think so.

*cool? - L

*i guess if you like people who scowl all day -L

*shes always glaring at me -L

*but what did you think I meant????? - L

Ugh. I sooooo did not want to get into it. But oh well. Thanks a lot Mr. Sally.

*Dylan's rumor -M

*which is false -M

*and that would be? -L

Crap. Even reading it the next day gave me the jitters. He didn't waste any time. And he wasn't letting me off the hook.

*that I cheated on TJ -M

There. I'd said it. I waited for Luke's reply, which up until that last text had been immediate. Those three little dots were on my screen. He was typing. But it was taking forever.

Then finally,

*oh. But I could have told you that wasn't true.

*youd never do that

***

Sitting in the library to wait for Luke to show up was almost as bad as sitting in class next to him had been. And, that tension was almost as bad as the first day TJ had been there, when I was the monkey in the middle. The difference was that this time all of the fire was coming from the back of the room, where TJ had decided to start sitting, not from Luke who still sat on my right.