Be Brave. Take Risks.

"Look at you! You're on the cover..." Jackson as I carried Eliza in my arms while he carried my purse on his shoulder.

"..My wife...Mrs. Shepherd-Avery is on the freaking cover." He giggled childishly.

"Okay, I get it."

"I don't think you do? Why aren't you happy about this?" He asked me.

"I am happy, I'm proud of my work. But right now I have surgery."

"Okay, well, good luck today. Kick some surgical ass, I'll be at home on my day off."

"What are you planning to do on your day off?" I asked him, standing in front of the elevator doors.

"I don't know? Probably buy a boat." He joked.

"I mean...you can," I said, grabbing my purse.

"What, really?"

"It's you're money, Jackson. Go ahead." I said, fixing Eliza's shirt.

"Um, do you want anything?"

"A nice roof to tan," I said before

"I can do that...I love you, girls." He whispered before kissing both Eliza and me.

Heading up to the pediatric wing, I drop off Eliza with all of the other toddlers when I ran into Bailey and Richard.

"Doctors never get the cover." Bailey chuckled as she held up the magazine in the air.

"Derek did!" I blurted out.

"Still very impressive. You'll be at the intern-mixer tonight?" Richard said.

"Do I need to be?"

"You better be! I don't wanna suffer alone." Bailey yelled as the two of them walked into the elevator.

"Sorry, Dr. Shepherd-Avery, but can I have your autograph?" Karev said.

"No, put it away."

"Why? You're on the cover, that's huge. Both Dr. Shepherds, both Neurosurgeons, both parents-"

"Okay, I get it, we've accomplished a lot." I laughed.

"Oh, Wilson!"

"Yes, Dr. Shepherd."

Handing back my files that were in my purse, I grabbed a tablet from the counter and handing it to Wilson.

"You're on my service today."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you did really good in surgery. Come on."

~

After changing out of my clothes, Wilson and I hurried over to our patient's room as he signed off piles and piles of paperwork.

"Dr. Shepherd. Not too shabby." Judge King said holding the magazine up.

"Judge King, this is Dr. Jo Wilson. She is my star resident." I presented to him.

"Ah. This is Mr. Robert Souza. He's my star resident. Likes working for me so much, he's turning down all kinds of fancy job offers."

"Stockholm Syndrome," Robert said.

"Wilson?" I asked.

"Yeah. Judge Jeffrey King. A 50-year-old male, with a history of stage 4-A Colon cancer. Underwent resection, followed by chemo. CT shows arterial enhancement in the right lobe of the liver. Not eligible for a transplant."

"He saved 27 families last month. Immigrant families, children, foster children. You'd think UNOS might make an exception." Robert whispered.

"Trust me, I tried. If buying an organ were legal, I might try that too."