The End Of A New Beginning

3 DAYS LATER

"Theo! Let's go!" I yell from the living room.

Collecting my jackets from the coat hanger, I grab Theo's beanie and gloves.

"Coming!" 

Standing at the bottom of the stairs, I hold out his jacket as he slips his arms through.

"Here," I say putting on his beanie and letting him finish off his gloves.

"Ethan, we're leaving.." I said.

"Okay, I'll pick you guys up near the river." He yells from the kitchen.

Grabbing Theo's hand we make our way out of the house and onto the sidewalk just inside of te neighborhood.

"Where are we going, mam?" He asked as he kept stepping over the cracks in the cement.

"We are going to go hang out."

"Like play in the park?" He asked.

"Maybe, or we can go eat some pizza instead?"

"Yes! Please!" He begs.

"Okay, we'll see. I just need to buy some things first." I chuckled.

Taking a cab to downtown London, there weren't as many cars on the streets as there was yesterday evening. More people walked on the street to their destinations than on cars or taxis.

"Mam, can we go on the Ferris wheel?" He asked as he pointed out the window.

"Sure," I say as I look out the window with him.

Enjoying the white snow from mid winter here in London, we had arrived at the location. Pine trees were planted in ceramic pots just outside of stores, most of them were decorated with lights, ornaments and even stars.

"Thank you so much," I told the driver.

"Will I be picking you up?" He asked as took Theo out of the car.

"Ethan will be doing that..."

"Okay, have a nice day Madam."

"You too."

Grabbing Theo's hand, we walk up and down several clothing stores before he started to get hungrier.

"What do you wanna eat?" I say as I paid the cashier for the clothing I had bought.

"Burgers."

"Theo it's not even 12 in the afternoon?"

"Doesn't matter. Burgers." He said again.

"How about we go to a diner, and you can have the burger there?"

"Deal."

Ethan's POV

"Hello, Henry?" I said through the phone.

"Yes, Ethan?"

"Hey, I wanted to get together today...I have a few things I wanted to do for tonight."

"Alright, I'll meet you at the local pub."

"Okay, I'll meet you there."

Grabbing my keys and coat, I walk myself down the street and west 4 blocks before arriving at the local pub Henry was talking about.

"Mate! Where have you been?"

Hugging Henry, it was like I was greeted by a new man.

His slick black hair was swept to his right side, showing off his new cleaned skin that used to be covered in acne back in college. His nose didn't drop down towards his mouth like the wicked witch had in the fairytales. He was a new man, a better version of the old Henry I used to know.