Chapter 90: Irene Rose

Start from the beginning

  "Yes being four months pregnant does that to you," I murmur into David's ear as he reels back and stares at me long and hard before cracking up another smile.

  "You look way better, I'm sure your mate is treating you well," he comments before staring behind me.

   "Alpha Archer, I'm warrior David, a friend of Irene," he formally introduces himself and bows slightly. I look back at Archer who masks a look of surprise before bowing back to him and places one of his hands on my waist, pulling me towards him.

   "Greetings Warrior David," Archer replies curtly making me smile at his politeness. At least he was playing nicely.

   "Alpha James will be seeing you both shortly, Aunt Flora will be coming soon, maybe she'll retouch your hair," David beams and I nod excitedly. I couldn't wait to finally see James and Flora after such a long time. 

  He then soon leads us to James' house, Archer's arm protectively pulls me closer his body giving my comfort as he pressed a small kiss to my forehead.

   "Calm down babe, it's just Alpha James," he mutters under his breath and I shake my head at his words, Archer was still very much jealous at my liking to Alpha James and David. I kept reassuring him that I loved him as we drove here. He was still very tense as we walked together, the familiarity of the whole pack made me feel a little bit at home. The cottage feels made my heart burst as I watched little kids run around the entire pack.

   "This pack is beautiful," I comment and I heard Archer growl softly, I chuckle at his jealousy and leaned my head on his shoulder.

   "Our pack is much better," he mutters.

   "I think our pack and this pack is beautiful in their own way," I reason with him and he hums contently making me roll my eyes.

      We stopped at the familiar house, it looked the same with its stone walls and nature like stature. My insides were twisting at the thought of seeing James once again, I only wished to the Moon Goddess that he had found his mate. Only Goddess knows how much I want him to find his second chance one.

   "Alpha James. Irene and Alpha Archer have arrived," David knocked three times at the wooden door, I twiddled my fingers nervously as I heard the footsteps from behind the door. The familiar smell of James coming into my nostrils as the door slowly opened to reveal the handsome face of the person who fought for me. Next, to me, Archer tensed as a small smile crept onto my face at the sight of my friend.

   He looked handsome as always as a radiant smile took up his features. His pale skin shone brightly in the sunlight, his brown hair tousled to the side and eyes alight with happiness. He wore a denim jacket and black clothes overall. He leant by the doorway and stared at me before staring at my stomach. His eyes swarmed with happiness.

  "Irene! It has been so long! Look you're practically glowing! Pups too!" he smiles excitedly before coming over to me and wrapped his whole body around me in a warm embrace

  "Irene! It has been so long! Look you're practically glowing! Pups too!" he smiles excitedly before coming over to me and wrapped his whole body around me in a warm embrace. Archer dropped his hand as I hugged him back. Laughing as James laughed too. I felt happiness bubble within me as we came into contact.

   "Hello James, it has been far too long, how have you been?" I ask him as we break apart, I felt Archer's gaze on me, but I paid no attention as James shrugs slowly.

   "Alright, the pack has been doing well. I should be asking you that question. Pregnant already? How was your trip to Bali?" he pesters me, leading everyone inside and into his living room. I sat down on the couch I once sat on and laid back on it with Archer on my side. He looked almost uncomfortable sitting in his house, my hand quickly weaved itself around his hand and he relaxes a little bit. His tense body standing up straight as he scours the room we sat in.

   "Amazing and yes, I am pregnant with triplets!" I tell him and another radiant smile plasters onto James who sits on the chair across from us, David stands in the corner watching me with a bright look.

    "Triplets! The Goddess has blessed us all!" James says with a little bit of hand movement. Archer fiddles in his seat as James continues to talk.

    "And a healthy mark too! I'm so happy for you Irene, you look amazing and happy. I'm sure Alpha Archer is very happy and proud," he states, his eyes wandering over to Archer who stares at us interact, his eyes hard and stern as his grip tightens on my hand.

    "Forgive me Alpha Archer, I haven't formally introduced myself. Alpha James," James says, a small smile plastering his face, hand outstretched for a simple handshake. Archer's eyes zone in on his hand and I tense up, waiting for him to take it. Thankfully, Archer shakes James' hand slowly, easing James' tense nature before retracting his hand back.

    "Nice to properly meet you, Alpha James, if only we had first met in better circumstances," Archer says slowly which makes James nod.

   "Yes if only, anyway, how have you been treating Irene?" James asks casually, instantly I feel Archer tense, my insides squeeze as Archer looks very unsure of himself, his emotions swirling within me as he pictures himself back in Bali when he momentarily forgot who I was. I squeeze his hand reassuringly.

  "Like the queen she is,"

      "Oh, Irene! I've missed you dearly!" Flora exclaims hysterically her eyes welling up with tears as she rubs my belly softly, pride swelling in her eyes as I tear up with her.

   "I've missed you too Flora," I mumbled as she looks at my growing stomach with so much hope in her eyes.

    "Your belly is huge! How many pups are you having?" she cries out and I laugh at her.

    "Triplets," Archer answers for me, pride echoing in his voice as he comes up from behind and wraps his arms around me pressing a swift kiss to my forehead. I felt warmth swell in my heart at his happiness, Flora looked between the both of us and a bright smile radiated her face before hugging the both of us with tears in her eyes.

   "You're a very handsome Alpha. I'm sure that's why Irene gave you a chance," she jokes heartily making Archer redden and I blush.

   "Flora," I plead, trying to make her stop embarrassing me.

   "Or maybe it is because of his big-" she starts, a cheeky smile forming on her face as my face continued to heat up with every word she spoke.

   "FLORA!" I cried out and I heard David, Archer and James laugh at my embarrassment as my face reddens substantially and Flora giggles like a madman.

   "Okay, okay, okay. Now, are we going to retouch your hair or what?" she smirks as she touches my red cheek softly. Embarrassment swells within me and I nod pathetically. I felt Archer smirk as I walk towards the hairdressing chair and plopped my pregnant self.

     "Now, now Archer don't get cocky, don't think I won't embarrass you yet," Flora scolds and I chuckle as his prideful face dropped significantly whilst David and James laughed loudly, David falling on the floor as James leant against the wall.