Chapter 88: Alpha Archer's POV

A.N Thank you again for helping me reach a million. This book will end at chapter 94-95!!

   My hand subconsciously rubbed against my mate's beautiful swelling belly, it had been two weeks since we arrived back home and already her stomach was growing quickly. She had made up with my mother a week beforehand and now Irene continues to do her Luna lessons and every day she becomes more and more used to the idea that she will become a Luna. My Luna. We had stayed in bed for the past hour after waking up from her morning sickness. 

Thump, Thump, thump

  The sound echoed into my ears, Irene stirred underneath my touch, her eyes closed as she was about to sleep. I looked over to her, listening to the steady sound that had entered my ears, it sounded slightly foreign. but what confused me more was it sounded like there was more steady beats within that array of sounds, as if multiple sounds were playing at different speeds. It made my skin crawl with uncertainty, whatever that sound was, it made my wolf slightly on edge.

  'What's that sound?' I asked and he shook his head, not speaking, but listening intently to the sound. It made me slightly worried as he spoke no words, not giving me any answers as he crouched low in my mind waiting for something to happen.

    I kept my hand on Irene's belly, feeling slightly threatened at the sound, but as I rubbed her stomach protectively, my hand felt slight movement underneath my skin and my eyes snapped to her belly. My hand skimmed over the swollen stomach again, the sound resonating in my ears as I questioned myself at my her stomach would be moving. The pup wasn't even developed yet, it had no legs or arms, it was like a growing bean. Then, it hit me.

  Oh goddess.

  My heart began to thump wildly as I felt my eye prick with water, my wolf yapping happily in my mind and I immediately bent down so that my ear touched Irene's stomach, my hand replacing my face desperately hearing the sound.

  Thump, thump, thump

  I felt like crying and my mouth twitched into a large smile as my heart soared with pure happiness. I quietly shifted my body to fit in between her legs, my face coming into contact with her belly as I lifted up Irene's shirt, exposing her belly which gleamed with her pregnancy, the happiness skyrocketed as I planted kisses along her belly.

   "Good morning baby," I murmured, hearing the heartbeat which thumped steadily.

My kisses seemed to have awaken Irene as she stirred once more, her hand coming up to rub her belly slowly, making the heartbeats quicken a little bit. A mother's love. Goddess, they were perfect.

   "Mmh, baby what are you doing?" she mumbled slightly, her eyes peeking out from the lids and looked at me staring at belly happily.

   "Can you hear that?" I beamed, peppering more kisses again across my stomach making her wiggle. She giggled hoarsely and placed one hand on my hair and let the other one rest on her stomach.

   "Hear what?" she murmured again. her voice etching with confusion my question as she started to get up from her position, resting her body on her arms as she stared down at me, who continued to kiss her thumping belly.

   "The baby's heartbeat of course," I said, feeling my voice choke up as a lump formed into my throat. My whole body soaring with happiness as my breath was shaking, a hand coming up to press over her hand in hopes she'd feel the heart beat.

   "Oh goddess," she cried out in a slight murmur, I watched with joy as her eyes locked on mine, tears starting to spill over her eyes as she rubbed her belly softly. I knew she couldn't hear the heartbeat yet, although she was a wolf, the baby had just formed the heart and it was a weak sound, barely heard unless the whole room was silent. But, I knew she could feel it. The baby was in there after all.