Chapter 62: Archer's POV

A.N DON'T FORGET TO VOTE/COMMENT AND READ 'BABY STEPS  I'M ON A FREAKING DIET AND I CAN'T EAT PIZZA, HELP ME.

    I held onto Irene's hand tightly, afraid that I might lose her both figuratively and physically as we weaved through the crowd of my pack members who were blocking our path. We were running five minutes late to her family's dinner and since we were currently walking our way there, it was taking us even longer to get to the destination which could've been an easy five-minute drive, if Irene didn't insist we walked there to save the environment. I rolled my eyes at her silly suggestion, but we actually went through with it.

   I felt a large smile creep up my cheeks as I felt her hand tighten around mine, it comforted my wolf and me to know that she happy seeing the yellow practically burst through her body. If she was happy, I was happy. Her family had insisted we go out to one of my pack's diners, I recommended my favourite place in which they took the idea and decided to go there, of course, Irene seemed to know the way even though my pack was quite big. I thought her family had picked a public place so I didn't make a big commotion, I seemed to have a tendency of doing that.

    "Goddess, we're ten minutes late," Irene whined as we made it in front of the diner which had the eighties or nineties theme to it as Irene described. The outside was already packed with wolves, brown picnic chairs and tables seated for two was placed strategically and spaciously around the front of the diner, even though I couldn't see very well, the faint outlines of the area showed where everything was, plus it did help that Irene told me everything about it. She described the front to be a pale blue and had little shrubs on the wooden tables. I could smell familiar scents of pack members as they bustled around and enjoyed their meal. Some came to greet us, expressing their delight that I was back, Irene only shied away next to me.

  We walked straight inside and I could pick up the smell of her family member's sitting in the corner of the diner away from everyone

  We walked straight inside and I could pick up the smell of her family member's sitting in the corner of the diner away from everyone. All of her siblings seemed to be sitting at the table as well as Elena's mate who sat across from her. I could hear Eva squealing in delight, probably because she saw the both of us. 

   "This is such a nice place, look at the red and white booths! It looks so vintage with the counter where people who don't have a group sit alone and everything!  Look at those spiked lights hanging over the tables! This is definitely my favourite place," Irene beamed brightly as she steered me to where her family was sitting. We were greeted by cheers and 'hello's', Irene's parents only greeted us stiffly, their auras showing orange, meaning tense as we both sat down across from them.  Irene's colours wavered from yellow to orange but stuck to yellow as she asked her parents questions.

  Irene's colours wavered from yellow to orange but stuck to yellow as she asked her parents questions