Chapter 67: Irene Rose

A.N DON'T FORGET TO READ BABY STEPS! IF THAT BOOK GETS UP TO 1K. I PROMISE TO DO DOUBLE UPDATES EVERY WEEK :) THIS IS A CUTE LITTLE CHAPTER. I'M SORRY IF THIS WAS RUSHED

holy shit #14?!?!? i'm gonna faint....

       I felt tiny under his hard gaze, being in a small booth made me feel confined as I felt the slight burst of jealousy zip through me. I hated feeling this way, he was only talking to one of the waitresses with a smile and she smiled back, but why do I even feel like this? I mean sure, that waitress was clearly taking a liking to him, he is very much attractive, I know that. But even so, I still felt like ripping her head off. 

   "What's wrong babe?" he asks confused. Archer was clearly clueless of the tiniest things, I don't blame him, it was nothing major than being jealous. He's been through there before, take a look at Keenan.

    "It's nothing," I brushed off as I eyed the waitress at the back of him who was glancing at him every so often as she took someone else's order. Goddess, I want her to disappear.

    "It's obviously something, is it the food?" he questions, not yet convinced that I was okay when I was not.

       "Of course," I stressed out playing with the hem of my summer dress, I could tell he could see my emotions, I tried my best to cover them completely, but I guess it was failing as I caught his gaze, which was staring right in the middle of me.

       "If you don't want to tell now, that's fine. But promise you'll tell me later?" He convinces me, his gaze filled with worry.

      "Yes, I will, promise?"  I rush as I scanned the menu I knew all too well.

     "Okay, fine, the food should be ready soon," he informs me as he looks around the place. I wonder what he could see, I mean, obviously he could see auras now but does that he could see faint objects or outlines of things? What would it be like if you're blind? What if I was blind? 

     "What is it like being blind?" the words tumble out of my mouth without permission and I quickly slap a hand around my mouth and feel guilty for saying it. He notices my apologetic stare and gives me a comforting smile.

    "It's hard I guess, you can't see things you want to see and you have to work extremely hard to even be as good as someone who has their eyesight. I want to see things, I want to know what I'm touching without guessing a word. I want to know what your face looks like instead of trying to guess, I want to feel what it feels like when I take a look at your beautiful face every morning. I want to see you smile, the curves of your lips, how you look when your mad or depressed, I want to see you as you are without guessing what could be," he tells me honestly, every word he says clear as daylight as he looks at me with eyes of the truth.

   I felt my heart clench at his words, Goddess, he was so adorable. He thinks I'm beautiful even though he can't see me. I could feel tears prick in the corners of my eyes as I think about his words. What did I do to deserve him? He was changing for me.

     "Oh..." was all I could muster as his hand clamped around mine on top of the table, his thumb smoothing over my palm as he gave me a confident smile.

    I leaned over and mashed my lips against his, feeling the sparks all over as I told him my version of thanks in a way I know he'll understand. His lips move along with mine for two seconds before a retreat back with a big smile on my face.

   "You're too cute," I tease him as I watch his face turned flustered, his eyes glaring at me for cutting the kiss short.

    "You're cute, not me," he grumbles under his breath.