"I was initially," he confessed. "But then I realised...maybe happy endings aren't as dull and predictable as I once thought."

"What made you change your mind?" You inquired.

"I don't really know," he nonchalantly shrugged, though deep down, he knew the answer more than anyone else in the entire universe.

You.

• • •

You gazed out of the car window, uncertain of your destination. "Wait, where are we going? Unless you're taking me home."

"Home?" Jungkook chuckled. "Baby, this date has only just begun. I thought we could do something casual and fun, like bowling."

Bowling?

You scoffed in disbelief, and Jungkook grinned in response. "No way."

"What? Have I disappointed you already?" He teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"No..." you replied, sighing with a hint of exasperation. "It's just that I'm terrible at bowling, and you're built like a Greek God, so it's obvious who's going to win."

"I'm glad you think so," Jungkook said with a satisfied smirk. "But trust me, I'm not all that. And if you struggle, I'll be there to help you out."

"Yeah, but..."

He chuckled as he parked the car in the bowling alley's lot. You groaned playfully, climbing out and noticing the crowd of people going in and out. Jungkook's hand rested on your lower back as you walked in together, feeling like an actual couple despite the unofficial title.

Reaching the counter, Jungkook swiftly pulled out his wallet, indicating that he would pay for the outing. "One lane, two people, two games," he told the attendant, who nodded and provided the total amount. She asked for your shoe sizes, and there was a flicker of familiarity in her eyes. However, she remained silent, perhaps testing the waters for the perfect opportunity.

"Eight for me, and [S/S] for my girl," Jungkook said with a wide grin, causing your heart to flutter and your cheeks to redden.

My girl.

The attendant returned with the bowling shoes, and Jungkook took both pairs from her, offering a nod and a smile. Completing the transaction, you both sat on a wooden bench. You removed your regular shoes and put on the bowling shoes, and Jungkook did the same.

"How did you know my shoe size?" You asked curiously.

"Lucky guess," he casually shrugged. "I must know you pretty well, stalker girl."

"You didn't have to pay for everything," you scolded, feeling guilty that Jungkook was spending so much money when you initiated the date.

"Money isn't a concern," he replied, flashing a cheeky grin. "Besides, I don't mind spending it on a beautiful girl like you."

"Smooth."

Jungkook laughed wholeheartedly, then stood up and extended his hand for you to follow. As you walked together, playfully bantering, he suddenly hugged you from behind, lightly nipping at your neck. "Sorry, not sorry."