Tears welled up in my eyes as I hugged them back.

"Thank you so much..."

"Anything for our dear Tetsuya!"

-

"Tetsuya dear! Are you done taking a bath? Breakfast is ready!"

"Coming!" I called out, slipping a simple shirt on before making my way downstairs. Once I got to the living room, a strong, delicious smell of eggs and bacon hit my nose, making my stomach grumble.

I quickly sat on my respective seat and waited for the food. As I patiently waited, my eyes scanned the table and I noticed that there was another plate beside mine.

A guest?

"Alright, let's eat up!" Mom announced, placing the mouthwatering food down on the table.

"Itadakimasu!"

Silverware clashed against the plates as we talked about random things that we came up with. I then smiled in adoration when Mom laughed at the joke my father said.

Our laughter was suddenly interrupted when the doorbell chimed. 

"Oh, I'll get it!" Mom volunteered.

"Who could that be?" I asked, looking at Dad in wonder.

"Oh that? That's your bodyguard." he chuckled.

I stared at him in shock, dropping my spoon at the process.

"My... bodyguard?"

"Yo."

I cocked my head to the side and saw a familiar tall, hotheaded guy next to Mom.

"Kagami-kun?"

"The one and only," he grinned. "Ohayo, Kuroko-san." 

"Ah, good morning to you too, Kagami."

"Eh?" I looked back and forth at my parents, still not grasping the fact that I have a bodyguard. "I don't understand..."

"Honey, Taiga-chan is here to protect you from bad guys," Mom explained, and I didn't miss the face Kagami-kun made when Mom called him with the 'chan' honorific.

"But I can handle myself." I muttered, grumpily crossing my arms.

"Can you?" Kagami-kun teased as he sat next to me.

"I can."

"After what happened last night? I don't think so." Kagami-kun shook his head.

"I thought you were my ally Kagami-kun, I'm going to find myself a new light." I joked with a straight face.

"You wouldn't!" Kagami-kun gasped.

I shrugged at him and finished my share of food.

"Tetsuya," Dad sighed and looked at me with a serious expression. "In order to not have a repeat of what happened last night, your mother and I made an agreement with Kagami. It's for the best, okay? We're just looking out for you."