In the Mist -P6-

Each step brought a shock wave of pain rippling up my spine. Price and Ghost helped me walk back on the trails. And a question passed my mind, "What happened to that Jessica bitch?"

"Dead," Gonzalo uttered. "I shot her in the legs, but she must've thrown herself off the side of the cliff."

"Well Price?" I gave him a stern look, as I waited for his apology.

He sighed longly. "You were right, I'm sorry I didn't believe you."

I grinned bleakly in victory. My mind still spinning and vision which dared to fade to black. I kept moving.

"Soap. are you sure you're okay?" Price asked me.

I wasn't so sure myself. Blood dripped in my eyes, which is never very great. I shook my head, "I don't know."

"Just hang in there, we'll be back at the base soon," Ghost assured.

The problem was, I didn't know if I could. Still lightheaded, and the agony of broken ribs never helps. I could barely breath because every time I tried, the rippling pain of broken ribs would end it quick.

Heatstrke looked back at me, "Damn it, you're pale as all hell."

I glared at her, "Really? I wonder why..." But my sentece loaded with sarcasim was ended in a huge coughing fit. Ghost and Price tried to keep me level, which made it harder for me to stiffle to couchs with my hands. When it came to an end, I saw my hands coated red in blood which wasn't there before.

"Jesus Christ!" Ghost exclaimed. "He's hacking up blood!"

"Soap! Stay with us alright?" Price somewhat pleeded. But it was too late, my small breaths proved to get me nowhere and the lightheaded feeling soon drowned me in a fuzzy black until I was out.

(Gonzalo)

Soap went limp against Ghost and Price's grip. Ghost used a hand to keep the Captain from face planting into the dirt. "We've better hurry." Price proclaimed.

It was hard to pick up the pace, we still needed to wait for Ghost and Price. I was sure it'd take forever until we got back.

Soon it was to our relief, we had made it back. Irina was waiting, but her face filled with horror when she saw MacTavish. "What happened? What's wrong with John?"

As the others passed, I kneeled down in front of her, "He'll be fine. I promise."

I could see tears in her eyes, and it struck me, she must have come to like Soap. A pang of pity brewed in the pit of my stomach before she asked, "You promise?"

"I promise." I repeated.

The young child rung he arms around my neck, silencing her sobs in my football (Again, to your Americans it's soccor) jersey. I didn't hesitate to return the hug, she would need to the comfort.

"It's okay to cry," I told her softly, I knew she was holding back. "No matter what, you don't have to hold back your feelings, it's only human."

She looked up at me with her pure green eyes, now misty with tears. "Thanks. How do you know he'll be okay?"

I smiled in reassurance. I could put it simple. "He's got a guardian angel on his side. We all do."

"Who's his angel?" She asked.

"I wouldn't know," I lied with a grin. I wiped some tears from her cheeks. Then it dawned on me that she didn't have her crutches. "Why don't you have your crutches?"

"Doc said I didn't need them anymore, my ankle isn't as bad. But still needs a splint." She answered.

I stood up and started towards the imfermry. Irina right at my side. I was beinging to wonder how she thought of me. Inside, most of the base was there, with the exception of the newer recruits who didn't know Soap well enough to care. A few medics were busy at work, one patching the gash on his forehead, another getting a red package out. I knew it was probably a blood tansfusion or something, he'd need it.

(Soap)