"you do?" he arches his eyebrow as though he cannot decide if I am playing a game or not. I nod. I  can no longer meet his eyes.He warily approaches me, his steps slow as he relaxes his fists. His grey T-shirt is tightly fitted to his body, and I find myself analyzing every detail of his outfit as he moves nearer. Gray T-shirt, dark jeans, and black canvas shoes that I always see him wear.

"look at me," he says

When I glance up from the ground, where his feet have suddenly appeared next to mine, my breath hitches as I realize how close he is. His face is dark as he peers down at me his eyes are soft and gentle still. he lifts his hand to my elbow and skims the tip of his fingers against my skin

"what are you doing Shawn?" I whisper. I want him to stop but I don't. I don't because I like the feel of his fingers caressing my skin. my eyes are locked somewhere between the tip of his shoulder and the recording bay but they are not focused on anything. he must have picked up on how rigid I am because his thumb begins to soothingly rub circles by my hip. his breathing is slow, and the scent of firewood and orange captivates me, drawing me in and charming me completely.

He moves his lips closer to my jaw. softly, he places them against my skin, slowly moving in a slow line toward the corner of my lips. he stops when he gets there.

"can I kiss you?" he whispers lowly

"why?" I respond. "why do you like me? I am not cool, or pretty, or skinny or even-"

"shhhhhhh. don't think about it. I like you for who you are." he side smiles right before he presses his lips to mine.

This time around, it's even better than before. His lips are soft and moist as they lock with mine. I can almost feel his nervousness, like he can probably feel mine. The fireworks are exploding in my stomach. His grip on my waist tightens as he pulls me against his body. I don't mind. I like the feeling. 

my lips part as Shawn carefully wraps a hand around the back of my neck. He holds me close against him as his other hand drops from my waist to the small of my back, he picks me up and lifts me over to a table which he carefully lowers me down on. he is so strong. He dominates the kiss, controlling the speed and the intensity. But I don't mind this either. I like it a lot. I wrap my arms and legs around his torso and reel him in even closer.

"Ahem!" someone clears their throat. we immediately within a millisecond turn around in shock. I hide behind Shawn as he looks somewhat pissed as we had been interrupted but he wasn't rude towards the guy.

"sorry guys but you have to leave. this place is being used this afternoon and I have to clear it up so if you don't mind...wait a minute. Shawn!, old buddy! great to see you man!" the guy smiles

"shit" I whisper under my breath

"great yeah! good to see you too Derick!" Shawn replies reaching out to the man's extended hand. he shakes it and smiles at him and it seems rather genuine this time.

"dude it's been such a long time! what are you doing here?" Derick looks over at me and then so does Shawn. they are both staring at me and I can feel m face immediately turning red and blotchy.

"hi! im ellie. Shawns friend" I smile and hold out my arm. shawn smiles and winks at me as I walk over to Derick to shake his hand.

"how do you do ellie! your accent is so adorable! where do you come from?!"

"London UK. I am over here visiting some family" I make up in my mind.

"sweet! well, I would love to stick around and chat with you Shawn but I have to get this place all set up for later. I will see you two around yeah?!" he grins.

"yeah! absolutely!" Shawn answers. he turns to me and offers me a hand and I take it and he pulls me towards the door.

"nice to meet you ellie!" Derick says. I wave back at him as Shawn yanks my arm telling me to move faster.

we get out alive and we both take a deep sigh and laugh at each other. that was a close one. I don't know what that was or how they know each other but I don't want to stick around and bump into anyone else who does know who I am. so we head back to the car hand in hand and it was the best feeling in the world. we drive home as it is getting quite late in the afternoon and Karen would want us home for dinner.

***

I am in bed and all tucked in, I am all snug as a bug in a rug as dad would say back home, it makes me smiles when I think of this. I have fairy lights on that Karen gave me and a candle burning next to me which I bought when I went shopping with the girls. It is about midnight and I am still up reading my book as I am so hooked on it.  who knew books could be so relaxing and a great way to unwind?

I hear a creek of wooden flooring so I look up over my book and standing there is Shawn in my doorway. I almost choke.

"we need to talk. we are in some serious shit!" he shouts whispers closing the door behind him.

"what on earth are you talking about its 12.05 at night!?" I shout whisper back.

"we got caught! someone followed us. there are pictures of us holding hands all over social media and we are trending on Twitter and Instagram!"

"holy shit!" I say a little too loud.

***

2.2K READS GUYS! THATS INSANE THANK YOU SO SO MUCH I AM SCREAMING LIKE A MAD WOMEN! thank you for all your lovely comments they truly make me smile and make my day 10 times better thank youuu! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I will be back soon with another update XX