"No!" I whimpered, struggling to get away from his grip. "Let me go!"

"Behave my little blue boy~" he licked his lips. "And I promise you won't get hurt."

"L-Let me go you freak!"

"You're coming with me, pretty bo-"

Slash!

A sharp, stinging sound echoed into the night sky as the man howled in agony, releasing his grip on my leg. I slithered away from him and watched through my teary lashes as blood dripped from his arm.

"What the fuck was that?" he hissed, cradling his injured arm.

The man glared at me then marched towards me with an animalistic expression.

"Was that you?" he growled.

"N-No..." I cried.

"Then who the fuck would do that to- argh!" the man hollered, falling onto his knees as another round of the slashing sound emitted from somewhere.

"W-Where..." he choked out before slumping onto the ground; barely breathing.

I couldn't look away, heck, I can't even do anything! I stared at his body; dumbfounded.

Who could be behind this...?

Suddenly, I felt the air around me change. A shiver went up my spine and I looked around for the cause of my uneasiness.

My eyes widened and my heart stopped when I felt a pair of eyes on me. They were wide, vertical and mismatched. One was ruby red while the other was yellow-orange. What surprised me was that his left eye was glowing.

Could it be an animal...?

The creature emerged from the shadow and I stared at the person in shock.

Standing before me was a young teenager who was probably around my age. He has spiky red-maroon hair and as I said earlier, he had mismatched eyes. A smirk made its way to his lips once he saw my reaction.

"You look like you have seen a ghost." he spoke, his voice was like music to my ears, smooth and slightly deep.

"A-Ano..." I shifted under his gaze and motioned towards the unconscious man. "Did you do that...?"

He looked at me with a sadistic smile and nodded his head.

"H-How...?"

The redhead then pulled a bloody scissors out and showed it to me.

"I wasn't planning on using this but... he gave me no choice." he shrugged, pulling a handkerchief out before wiping the blood away.

"Uh..." I whispered, my head hung low.

"Yes?" he hummed.

"T-Thank you for doing that! Y-You... saved my life..."

I received nothing as a response. My ears rang as silence took over the place, all I can hear was my heavy breathing and the sound of my heart thudding against my chest.

And all of a sudden, I felt something cold on my chin. I froze and my eyes widened in shock. I felt my chin being raised and I gasped when my eyes met contact with mismatched ones. My cheeks reddened and I tried to look away from him, but failed.

What is he doing...?

He studied my face and I couldn't help but feel conscious as he does, I lightly bit my lip and tried to look away once again. He clicked his tongue and made me face him.

"You're a stubborn one, aren't you?"

"W-Well..."

He looked at me in amusement and I blushed under his gaze.

"What's your name?"

"Kuroko Tetsuya..."

He nodded in approval and finally released me. I sighed in relief and watched as he stood up.

"Can you stand?" he asked.

"I think I can..." I mumbled as I tried to stand up despite my jelly legs.

"That's good. Don't worry about him then, go home and rest."

"T-Thank you..." I bowed.

He nodded at me and started walking away, passing me.

"Ano!" I called out.

He stopped in his tracks and looked at me.

"Y-Your name..."

"You really wanna know?" he asked and I eagerly nodded.

He stepped closer and leaned towards me. I closed my eyes and shivered when I felt his breathing on my skin. A light chuckle escaped his lips before he whispered into my ear.

"I'll see you soon, Tetsuya."

I opened my eyes, and just like that, he was gone along with the man who tried to molest me.