One

Kuroko

I walked through the quiet streets at night as I made my way back home from school.

I hummed softly to myself, loving how the wind made contact with my skin. It was a peaceful night until I felt someone's eyes watching over me. Turning my head to the back, I expected to see a person walking at the same path as me, but I was met by an empty sidewalk.

My heart started thumping against my chest; a thousand thoughts running in my mind as my anxiety rose up. I picked up my pace, desperate to reach a place with blinding lights and loud people. Swerving into a dark alley, I held my breath as I made my way further into it, hoping that I would merge with the darkness.

I froze when I felt a cold, metallic object on my back. Upon realizing that it was just a dumpster, I sighed in relief and crouched down next to it, ignoring the unbearable stench and dirt. I waited and listened. Waited for what exactly? I might just be paranoid and all...

Thud

My eyes widened at the sudden sound, tears pooled in my eyes as I covered my mouth with both hands.

Someone please save me...

I squeezed my eyes shut and felt tears pouring on both sides of my cheeks. I prepared myself for everything, gun shot, sharp knife, bare hands...

But neither of those came

I listened patiently to the sound of my surroundings. I checked for any sounds of footsteps or breathing. Once I was sure that there wasn't anyone out there, I breathed out a sigh of relief and slowly opened my eyes.

"Well hello there, cute little boy."

Fear struck me as I look up at the figure in horror. He was tall and hovering above me. He wore a sickening smile on his disgusting face.

"Let's start our little fun shall we?" the man cackled, his hand reaching out for me.

"No! Get away from me!" I yelled out, dodging his hand as I sprinted away from him.

I ran to the direction of a shopping district, praying that I'll make it there before he catches up to me.

Don't look back. Don't look back.

My legs has started to feel tired and I cursed under my breath. With my remaining energy, I pumped my legs faster, feeling determined when I saw the familiar signs. I kept running and didn't looked back.

"Pretty boy thought he could get away, hm?"

I gasped when I heard his sickening voice, stumbling as I do so.

"Help me!" I cried out, desperately hoping that someone would hear.

The man laughed behind me and I yelped when he grabbed my leg, causing me to lose my balance and fall onto the floor. I shook in fear and tried to kick him despite the situation I was in. 

"What do you want from me?!"

"I want you to be mine, my pretty boy." he purred, his hand snaking up my leg.