Chapter 10

(published 3.11.17 - this update is a day early because I won't be able to update tomorrow so I don't know if I'm going to update on Sunday or Monday yet)

"Come in," He responded by stepping through the door quickly followed by Connor, luke and his friends who are lounged out on the sofa. I ignored them and trailed into my room with Hunter behind me.

"What did you want to say? And before you freak on me I said I'm sorry and there's nothing else I can do believe me if there was I'd be doing it now and not sitting here begging you not to shout at me because I can't take anymore of today. Or of this stupid school where everyone is always watching me, judging me-"

"I wasn't going to shout," He spoke calmly fiddling his fingers in his lap. "I wanted to say sorry, for pressuring you into this whole thing. You're not just a toy I can use to prove to myself I'm something more that what everyone else thinks and I was wondering if.. we could just go our separate ways because every time I will see you all I'll think about is how everyone thinks of me and that would be too hard and you clearly have a lot on your plate at the moment and don't need me adding to it." He was the sweetest person alive, if only It could've worked out.

"Again I'm really sorry. One day you'll find someone who can treat you right, someone who deserves your love." I kissed his cheek as he left my room letting himself out. On Monday I'll have a lot of explaining and avoiding people to do.

*** Week later - Normal week nothing that bad she struck with Luke and Charles and didn't speak to Jason, Vincent or Josh.***

Today was the trip I was dreading, every year the school had a camping trip. I know did, what were they thinking? I know what'll be fun throwing a group of teenagers in the wilderness for a week without technology and only campfires for warmth - sounds great! Note the sarcasm. And to top it all off I have to share a tent with a boy because I quote 'There are a lot of BEARS in the woods so it would be safer for you to have someone with you and if someone wasn't already in your tent you might wake up with a random boy in your tent knowing how much these boys like you' Is that meant to be comforting? Only a couple of BEARS and a few hundred boys who could pounce on you while you're sleeping nothing to worry about. Ugh.

I'd packed my duffel bag full of all my essential clothes incase I get anything dirty anytime of the day. I may be in the nature but that doesn't mean I need to look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards, otherwise known as 'me on a Sunday morning'. And I was waiting in the carpark for our coach to come, reluctantly putting my phone in the box the teacher held out in front of me.

A boy I didn't know but looked like he was a senior came up to me, his friends all nudging each other with excitement plastered on their faces. "Hey my names Ben, I was wondering as you have to share a tent with someone you might want to go with me. My friends are a odd number so I don't have anyone at the moment." I thought about it for a moment, It would be better than having someone I knew and having all this drama around me staying with them and he did look quite strong to fight off the bears and boys. What could go wrong?

"Um, ok." I responded with a small grin while his face was filled with a ear to ear smile. He was cute but in a hot sort of way, if that makes sense. He excused himself from me quickly then walked over to his friends I slowly walked behind listening to him talk.

"She said yes."

"No way man, you're so lucky a whole week in her bed."

"She's a total ten."

"I'd hit that." I chuckled quietly at that one, like he would even try.

"Are you gonna try it on her, she's only the year below?"

"If she starts coming onto me then yeah but I don't wanna make things awkward."

"Dude you're really gonna waste your chance with her-"

I coughed slightly making all the boys turn in horror. "I hope I'm not intruding but I thought maybe I could find out a bit more about the mystery man who I going to be sharing a tent with for a week." I wave of relief rolled over the boys as they thought I hadn't heard their conversation. 

He turned to me smiling. "What do you wanna know, kitten?" 'kitten', I raised my eyebrows at the nickname. "Well everyone has a nickname for you, most would defiantly creep you out, but still It was first to come to mind." I shook it off.

"Um, why do you go here?"

"My parents are very busy people and the nannies that used to look after me couldn't handle me so they sent me here to finish my schooling. How about you?"

"I trashed the house loads of times and got a really bad report card so my parents flipped out on me. They wanted to send me to a boarding school but they didn't want me to be all alone and know no one so here I am. All thanks to knowing Charles." He chuckled at my answer.

"So you're bad kitten." He smirked.

"Perv." I mumbled and his friends roared with laughter, I'd forgotten they were here. We carried on the conversation on the coach and only stopped when we got off it again in huge woodland area. It had a grim dark green lake and rows of hundreds of tents as they needed to home both juniors and seniors. We choose a tent in the middle of the middle row not because I wanted to be surrounded by boys but because I didn't fancy meeting any animals in the night, if you didn't count boys animals.

The inside of the tent was small and our sleeping mats met in the middle. Although I hat a sleeping bag and blanket I could tell I would still be cold from the look at how thin the tent was, this was going to be hell. Once we had finished setting up we wondered along the dry path to the campfire to fine everyone roasting marshmallows. When I sat on the log bench Josh quickly moved to be next to me.

"I was surprised you didn't want to be in a tent with me but now I see you're into older guys." Thats right he had asked me and I had said no in front of everyone it was actually rather fun seeing him be laughed and stared at for once.

"Nope I just don't like you." I smiled sweetly then turned around, this was going to be a long night.