Chapter 2

Mia POV

(published 29.10.17)

I woke up with warm two muscular arms draped around me and I suddenly realised where I was. Although I was warm I still sat up, scolding myself for being happy in his embrace. When Charles moved I looked up to see him smiling at me hypnotising me in his golden brown eyes and raising his eyebrows up and down. 

The last time I saw eyes like that where Vincent's my ex, I love- loved him. But he moved to America, I'm happy he did. A week before I caught him kissing Sarah just like Charles. Lets just say she didn't make the cheerleading team after that. I may of taken my control as captain too far and didn't let her on no matter what they others said. 

No regrets.

"Good sleep, princess?" He said smugly.

"No actually it was rather uncomfortable." I replied bitterly, I couldn't let him think I liked it, his ego is already dangerously high as it is. If he fell from his ego and lands on his IQ he would defiantly die. To think I had a crush on him.

"Aw i'm sorry," he said it as if it was genuine maybe I spoke too soon about his eg- 

"Must of been my rock hard abs." Nope, I was wrong, I'm sure theres other hot boys at Kingston. I rolled my eyes and turned to face the seat in front of me willing the conversation to come to an end. And I think he got the message as I shoved my headphones back on.

I swayed to the beat of Signs mindlessly focussing on the words. 

Champagne with breakfast while I'm yawning,

You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning,

Lord forgive me I can't take things slowly,

I was quickly taken out of the music when the intercom spoke out loudly in a strong southern accent, "Folks, we have begun our descent to Los Angeles International Airport , where the current weather is clear and sunny, and we will be in the gate in about ten minutes minutes, please stay seated and put on your seat belt. We'd like the flight attendants to prepare the cabin for arrival and we want to thank you for flying with us today." 

I stared out of the small window to see the high building but sandy beaches. The contrast was amazing, maybe I could learn to love it here. Cute surfers, constantly being surrounded by boys my age. If they all look like Charles I will be in heaven. Their chiselled bodies when we go to the beach.

"You alright there? You seem to be drawling." He asked seemingly pleased with himself.

"So what do people do during the summer at Kingston? there's still a week left, right?"I asked Charles trying to change the subject.

He let me. "Not much, yeah there's still a week left but only a few stay for summer. Me, Chris and a couple of other boys will be there. I'll ask if they wanna meet you when we get back, maybe we could go to the beach." Ah heaven. I've met Chris before and he's a sex god.

*****

The plane  had landed and we were waiting for Charles's car to be driven to the front carpark. "Is it on it's way to the carpark?" I questioned Charles as he put down his phone from where he'd been holding it to his ear.

"First, it's called a parking lot and second, no. They said there was a mix up and they thought it was meant for tomorrow so it's nowhere near." he scoffed.

"So, what are we going to do now?"

"They are going to drop it off at school tomorrow and until then Chris is going to come and pick us up." Oh no I look like a mess I've just been on an eleven hour, what's he going to think of me now. First impressions matter, well second impressions but that's far from the point I look like a hot mess.

"You alright there princess?" Charles laughed pulling me out of my flustered state. 

"I'm perfectly fine and don't call me princess."

He leant in towards my face, and he whispered in my ear "Okay, beautiful," I breathed out a huge breath I didn't know I'd been holding in and rolled my eyes. Was I trying to convince him he didn't affect me or myself.

"Ugh!" I growled then walked over to the near by bench.

*****

Chris had had the same reaction to seeing me as Charles did 'Wow you've changed!' and after all the uncomfortable small talk we got in the car and made are way to Kingston, where they showed me to the front office.

"You must be Amelia," The lady at the desk said, she had straight sliver hair that was cut into a sophisticated bob matched her cold eyes. She was wearing a dark blouse and had purple glasses that sat on the end of her nose. Her dark clothing matched her voice, it had no affection in it; just coldness.

"yeah, thats me." I replied, she then grabbed my arm in her cold, boney hand and pulled me toward another door. It was the same as the one we had came through but had 'Mr. Munnings' written in bold letters written on it. She knocked on the door twice before leaving me alone, I watched as she returned back to the waiting room shooing the boys out. They gave me a sympathetic smile and left the dull room.

The door in front of me abruptly swung open and a jolly yet stern man came out saying as he did, "Oh you must be Amelia, how nice to finally meet you," he held out his hand waiting for me to shake it which I took then stepped inside his office. "Please sit down and I'll explain the school to you." I sat down in a leather office chair across from his at the large brown desk that was filled with paperwork. The large chair hugged me comfortingly while my whole body tingled with excited fear.

"So as you already know this is a boys school, your parents persuaded me to let you come here and as I am an old friend to your father I couldn't say no. There will be no differences between you and the boys and you will even have roommates," I stayed quiet and sat still while he spoke but I was furious, my parents couldn't of ever agreed to let me roommate with a boy!

"Actually they encouraged it and said it was a good opportunity for you to learn how to work with others," Oh god had I just said that out loud? "This has you timetable in and a map of the school grounds and here is you key to your room number 116." He read out the number from the silver keyring and looked up for me to reply.

"Well thank you I will get going now, I still need to unpack and get ready for dinner." I awkwardly tried to shuffle out of the room but he stopped me when he began to speak again.

"Oh I almost forgot dinners at six and breakfast is a seven thirty, and before you go let me call one of your roommates down to help you with you bags," I tried to tell him I was fine but he had already began to call down the boy on a loud speaker, "Charles Williams please come down to the main office right now." And with that he ushered me out of the room saying he had to carry on with work.