chapter 1

<3 Mia in media <3 (published 27.10.17)

Mia's POV

My curtains were quickly drawn and I sat up on my soft, velvet sheets letting their warmth engulf me. "Get up, we need to have a serious conversation! Be down at the breakfast table in five minutes!" My mother growled at me. At least she was paying attention to me thats the second time we've spoke this week and It's Sunday. Layla my best friend is the only who knows I do all this for attention.

I was hoping to have a quiet day today my brain was still stinging from the party last night. My navy dress lied on the ground in a crumpled mess next to my too high high heels. I don't know how I became this person, I used to just be a quiet girl who liked school and got good grades. My parents stopped caring about, I realised I didn't have any friends so I changed. Parties every weekend, my grades dropped and soon the 'friends' started flying in so I became this popular girl who I don't recognise when I see her in the mirror. 

Unwillingly, I got out of my plush bed sighing and pulled on my rose decorated silk dressing gown and tied it at the waist. "this is going to be a long day." I mumbled to myself and left down the corridor. My long exposed legs were prickled with goosebumps from the cold morning air and my fluffy slippers pattered along the steps of the long wooden staircase. Our house wasn't what you'd call modern, in fact it had passed down through generations of Whites before us. I didn't care much for it, all I liked about it was the walk in wardrobe in my room that I had filled with my many clothes. Some called it an obsession, but what can I say, I love to shop. Retail therapy is the best kind. And I need a lot of it.

I crept into our large dining room to see my calm looking parents sat across from each other on the detailed oak table. The eyes were glazed with anger and I knew they meant it this time. They usually try not to be hard on me, they walk around eggshells around me like any minute I could breakdown any minute

My father suddenly cleared his through and huffed, "We've had enough! today your report card arrived and you're failing most of your classes. You're not a little girl anymore Amelia,you're seventeen, you need to start taking some reasonability with your life!"

It was true I hardly do any homework and I don't really listen in class anymore. Not because I don't like classes I do, I'm ahead in all of them. I just don't want to be labelled the class 'nerd', I don't think I could handle the bullying without my parents.

I released a huge breath of air in the stuffy room, I knew I was going to have to lie if they knew the truth they wouldn't understand. " It's just the teachers, they hate me! I try my hardest but there's nothing I can do!" That of course was a lie my teachers did try their best to teach me I'm just a very good actor apparently so I fail my tests and never put my hand up. They thought I was a lost cause but I could probably get into Cambridge.

My mother sighed, "Well you don't need to do anything because we've decided that we're sending you off to a boarding school in America where Charles goes."  I couldn't believe what I was hearing boarding school? America? Had my parents finally lost it? I guess it would be easier for then to send me off to a different country then actually have to try and teach me.

"Boarding school? I can't believe you guys, this is ridiculous! you can't just send me off to another country. I hardly know Charles and I can't be on my own in a different country, I have friends here! I know my way around, you can't expect me to pick up my life and go to boarding school!" I screamed at my unreasonable mother and father. They had always done this, when something wasn't going there way they got someone else to sort it out. Trust me my parents are some scary people to have a fight with.

My father took in a deep breath and said softly, "It's for the best Mia, and we've already asked Charles and he said he would be fine with looking after you," Of course he would, he's a player. "And its not just a boarding school..." 

My mother started to explain, "What he means darling is that as it is so far away we wanted you to know people there and... well Charles goes to boys school," She mumbled the last bit but I heard her loud and clear, screaming inside. "And your plane is leaving tonight. Everything is being packed by the maids as we speak." Can I please take the nope train to nopeville. Chu chu! This can't be happening.

"Uhhhh!" I shouted as I ran back up the stairs. My once goose bumped legs were flat again, my whole body was heated with pure anger that radiated off me. Once I got to my room I lied again on my maroon bedding reliving everything that had gone on today surrounded by the walls f boxes around me, slowly drifting off to sleep being exhausted with the news I had received.

I woke up to loud shouting, please be a dream, please be a dream. "Wake up! Wake up! It's time to go to the airport.  I'm sure it'll be loads of fun sweetie. Anyway your airplane's waiting. Up,up," She's got to be kidding me, when are the cameras going to come out and the mans going to tell me it was all a joke? "All your stuff's waiting in the car don't keep the driver waiting." And with that she walked out the room.

<><><><><><><><><>

There's just nothing I love more than manoeuvring around frantic people and crying children lugging around heavy luggage - note the sarcasm. I was just about to reach my plane when I spotted a tall blond boy. It couldn't be, please don't be Ch- "Hey Mia, wow you've changed over summer, I nearly didn't recognise you. It's so nice to finally see you again i've missed you so much!" He went in to kiss my cheek but I swiftly darted to the left closing him into a hug. "So how've you been? I can't believe you're going to kingston," Charles quickly said.

"Good, good. And I know me neither!" I mumbled sarcastically, "So we better get on the plane before it leaves, huh?" He casually nodded in response, he'd gone from squealing like a 1D fan meeting Harry Styles to what I can only describe as a Californian surfer which he probably is. We walked slowing towards the plane in silence, not exactly awkward but it wasn't comfortable either. 

"What seat are you?" He asked breaking the silence that i was perfectly happy with.

With inaudible internal sigh I read out my ticket, "First class, row C seat 1." At least I had window seat I thought to myself happily.

"Oh great! I'm seat 2!" At that exact moment I realised that karma had finally come for me all those houses i've trashed and all those times I broke curfew had come back to lead me to sit next to the devil himself. I know what your thinking isn't that a bit harsh, and no. Its not. I have very bad, embarrassing, horrifying and very very reputation ruining memories of him and me.

It all started the summer he stayed In London. I saw him nearly everyday and his mysterious smirk drew me to him. Over the first week I had already developed a crush on him -this was my less popular time- and so had nearly every girl at my school. Although I was never invited to parties he was now with me so I came with him. Within the first two minutes he had already left me for Sarah and she told him about the crush. He smoothly walked over to me an pretended to lean into kiss only to start laughing in my face. Yeah, the rest of the summer I stayed inside changing myself completely. When I came back to school I changed Amelia to Mia, started the cheerleading team and found myself several boyfriends. I vowed to myself to never become the nervous nerd ever again and here I am today.

Once we sat down on the plane I stuck in my headphones showing him I didn't want to start any conversation with him and quickly fell asleep once again today.

Hope you guys liked it - it's my first ever book ever so I'm just trying ma best! Don't forget to comment and vote. <3 bye munchkins <3