Chapter 8

(published 31.10.17 ooooh spooky)

We stayed in my room the rest of the afternoon just talking. Like old times. Like nothing had ever happened. I knew I didn't want another relationship with him though, I knew we just weren't meant for each other. I just hope he knows that.

We were now sat in the hall eating our dinner avoiding the glares of Josh who seemed to be having a staring contest. Josh was defiantly winning. I got up throwing my rubbish in the bin hoping to leave the room where the tension was so thick you could cut it with a knife. As I reopened the door to leave all the lights turned off leaving us in darkness.

A loud speaker in the corridor suddenly starting speaking, "As you all know there has been a power cut and because of the storm the earliest we can get it fixed is tomorrow. So everyone please go to your rooms change into your pjs get ready for bed then grab a pillow and a blanket because everyone is sleeping in the halls tonight, it is the safest option. Everyone in the Big gymnasium."

Nope.

This can't be happening, can a girl not ask for one night to herself without any boys.
I sighed and opened the door, this is going to be a long night. Once I had gotten changed into shorts and a vest with my dressing grown, brushed my teeth and filled a backpack with a pillow, blanket and my hairbrush I left to the hall. If I set up now maybe I can get a bed at the edge away from these crazy boys.

Just my luck. Nearly the whole school was already here and the only spaces were in the centre. I discreetly emptied my blanket and pillow out of my bag and placed them on the sleeping mats lined like soldiers along the floor. Next to me was Josh  and the other side of me was a boy in the year above me who I didn't know, neither of them had noticed I was there yet. I was going to pick up my stuff and move but I didn't need any unnecessary attention. I already had way too much of that.

I promptly stood up and stripped of my dressing gown hoping no one had seen me but a wolf whistle was let out, a noise I had became very known to and everyone turned to stare at me. Instead of waiting for the ground to swallow me up, I sat down and covered myself in a blanket shoving the gown in my bag.
Don't turn aroun- "Nice seeing you here baby, don't cover up I think the boys liked that little strip tease,"

"Shut up, Josh." I responded irritatedly hitting his arm and turning to my other side. 

"hey, I'm Daniel." The mystery boy whispered turning around to me. He had two large brown eyes which looked like melted caramel were situated perfectly on his face, he was handsome like most boys in my year but he had stubble climbing his chin giving him a sexy older vibe. Don't judge me it's a thing! He also had short brown hair which matched his whole demean, a jock but not a douche. If there was such a thing.

"Enjoying the view," He chuckled interrupting my thoughts. 

"Well I can see Luke taking off his shirt from here so kinda." 

"Oh thats where I know you from I played games with you at the party. I just gotta say you are bad!" He smirked as I rolled my eyes. "And you're are a really good kisser."

"Oh god please tell me I didn't do anything super embarrassing or stupid."

"Well did start touching me up a little bit in our make out session but I don't think anyone minded watching, and I didn't mind returning the favour."

"Please say you're joking."

"Don't act like you don't wish that happened but no my friends said it happened to him though, he was gutted when you didn't remember him the next day. It was so funny after he'd boasted about it all day."

"Well maybe you'll have to introduce me to him," He nodded before smiling widely.

"Why not now? There's no teachers looking after us tonight because they said we need to learn to be sensible on our own and I'm sure you wouldn't mind leaving this place for a bit. Especially if I told you my friends are the most popular boys in senior year." He smirked.

"Why not?" We walked side by side, every pair of eyes on us like usual. Once we were alone we were silent but it was comfortable. Our hands brushed softly and he looked down to where they were laying, slowly lacing his fingers with mine looking up for my consent before dropping them back by our sides. We walked like this for another couple of minutes when we enters a large music room that was accompanied by three tall, stunning boys.

"Hey I'm West," The first one spoke. His voice was low and manly similar to Daniels. His eyes were a light blue the type you only usually find in newborn babies, so pure and bright. His whole face was brought together by his million dollar smile which showed his perfect white teeth.

"I'm Mia," I mumbled nervously.

"I'm Chase and he's Hunter." These boys had to of been twins both of them had the same blond hair and dark blue eyes.

"Are you guys twins by any chance?" 

Both boys chuckled at me. "Yep." They both spoke at the same time even popping the p the same.

"I'd like to start by saying sorry to whoever I told my secrets to or touched up during the party."

"It's fine and although we did find out a lot of interesting things about you but I think should play a different version, this time if you have done it instead of a shot you have to wake one person up during the night, we'll be counting by the way. ok?" Hunter stated.

A chorus of sure were let out and the game began. 

"Never have I ever had sex." We all added a line to our tally. The rounds went on and I was now on three, dan was on two, Hunter two, Chase and West were both also on three

"Never have I ever slept with a dad/mum." Only I added a tally and everyone looked at me like i'd grown another head.

"It wasn't like my friends dad or anything, I was a babysitter and he was young rich dad. He came home early one thing lead to the other you can pretty much guess the rest." I shivered at the memory.

"Ok moving on, never have I ever kissed a teacher." Only the twins added a line, My teachers at my old school were prehistoric.

"Finally one Mia hasn't done." Daniel laughed.

"Never have I ever done something dirty with someone in this room." Hunter looked at me and added a line but I didn't do anything. 

"Mia?" Hunter searched my eyes. "You really don't remember me?"

"I was blackout drunk, I'm sorry?"

"Its ok I just thought maybe you were different maybe you'd actually care about me the next day, I guess you're just another one of those girls who just like me for my looks."

"He doesn't do well with one night stands." Chase mutters but Hunter ignores him.

I felt bad obviously he didn't do well with girls only liking him one night because he's good looking. I understand, like I would hate for someone to act like they like me and then just forget about me like nothing happened. "I do, If I'd of know I would of found you. Please let me make it up to you, anything."

He turned to the other boys who were listening intently to out conversation. "Can you guys go back we'll meet you later to wake up those people," and then he turned to me. "I want to prove to you I'm more than just a hot jock, say we have to date for three months. At the end of it if you still like me we carry on going out but if you still think I'm just another guy we can stop."

I was confused, why would he want to do this? "Why?"

"Because I want someone to see me for the real me and no ones ever stayed around for long enough." I went into shake his hand but he leant in and kissed me briefly. Then we walked back to the hall to find the boys like nothing had happened. What had I gotten myself into?