Chapter 4

Mia POV

Sorry It's such a big time jump, well a week. Anyway enjoy x (Published 29.10.17)

*** Skipping to first day of school ***

I woke up to the noise that I wish I didn't have to hear again, my alarm clock. I clicked snooze one last time then ungracefully clambered out of my bed. The school and a uniform made for me which was a blazer and shirt, to match the boys', and a navy skirt. I pulled on the uncomfortable shirt and blazer and yanked up my long skirt to sit half way up my thigh. What? I looked like an old lady. If all the boys were going to look at me today I had to give them something to look at.  

Shoving my phone in my leather backpack I rushed out of my room. My eyes darted to the clock on the plain wall that stated it was quarter past seven. Remembering breakfast was at seven thirty, I closed the apartment and walked towards the grand hall. I tried to ignore the shameless stares that were headed my way although there were many of them and I darted through the hall doors. 

I quickly walked towards the table that Luke was on, not especially because I wanted to sit with him but because he was part of the very few people I knew here and I didn't want to sit next to Josh because I knew Vincent would be with him. Suddenly I was stopped as Josh stood directly in front of me. I felt every pair of eyes in the hall on me, this couldn't be good.

"We were wondering if you'd like to sit with us." I suddenly realised a crowd of josh's friends had formed around him, including Vincent who looked more than a little displeased. 

I really didn't want to sit while Josh and Vic had a glare off so I replied, "No, thanks though. I'm sure Vincent doesn't want to sit with me so I'll just sit with Luke."

"Don't worry about him. He's agreed to be civil with you and anyway you don't want to sit next to that loser anyway."

sighing I replied, "Um, ok I guess, but I don't see your problem with Luke he seems nice."

He just laughed like it was the obvious thing in the world. "So what lessons do you have?" Josh asked and he seemed to be speaking for all the boys at the table. I handed him my timetable and all the boys crowded around him to see it except of course Vincent. I heard some quiet 'yes's and then it was handed back to me.

I suddenly felt a burst confidence and I began to speak, "Do any of you guys have your lessons with me?" I added a flirty bat of my eyelashes to irritate him and turned down to face my cereal one of the boys had gone to get me. Did they know I had legs?  

"I have English, science and history with you, Lucas has geography, math and IT. Most of us are in your tutor." 

I finished up my cereal putting away my bowl and walking to tutor with Josh. He laced his fingers with mine but I pulled away my hand. I allowed him as I knew Vincent was watching us and paybacks a bitch.

"He's just a player I wouldn't get involved with him if I was you and I know your just trying to get back at me anyway."  He intercepted angrily, I guess the jealousy was getting to him.

"What if i'm not, what if I'm into one of your friends," I said seductively, then turning to kiss Josh on the cheek teasing Vic. "I personally think cheaters are super unattractive." His friends tried to hold in their laughter as he stormed off to tutor.

"Do you mind if we skip tutor I really don't wanna have to deal with that." I whispered to Josh

"Sure I know a place we can go."

We journeyed down the maze of a school until we stopped in a small classroom. It had rows of empty desks and a clean board sat on the wall patiently. I sat down on top of the desk enjoying the silence while Josh just stared at me.

"You're not like other girls." 

"Wow, really? Out of all the cheesy pickup lines you use that one?" I laughed.

"It's not like that, I just mean you're the first girl who wouldn't of fell back into Vic's arms. He has a habit of getting girls back, obliviously after I get them thought." He chuckled at himself.

We spent the rest of tutor time bantering back and fourth and laughing at each other. We stopped when a loud bell rung and we calmly walked out of the room avoiding the wondering eyes of the people around us. Once we arrived at our English class I walked in trying not to get noticed but was stopped by who I assumed to be teacher.

"You must be Amelia, Welcome to Kingston." He greeted me and everyone sat down turned to us. What's with this school and staring. Don't they know staring is considered rude?

"Mia please sir, where do I sit?" I usually wasn't nice to any of my old teachers but he seemed nice and I didn't want him to hate me.

"Um," His eyes darted around the room for an empty seat and there was only one left was between Luke and Josh. Oh geez. "Between Luke and Mike on the back row please." I simply nodded and trudged to the back row to see both boys smirking at me.

The class was pretty boring so far, Shakespeare wasn't my thing, and everyone kept on staring at me. A note was constantly being passed around and Mr Stark was completely oblivious, it had just been passed to Josh and I got a glimpse at it. How the hell? I could see it clearly now it was a very revealing picture of me that I stupidly sent to Vincent when we were together. But how was it here now? 

Someone loudly cleared their throat and I looked up to see the teacher staring down at Mike. "Michael Hare would you like to answer the question or keep looking at that note?"

"Actually sir I'd much rather look at the note sir." He responded smugly.

"If it is so amazing would you be willing to share it with the class? Read it out loud." Mr Stark snapped.

"But sir I can't read it out loud."

"Why not?"

"Well because it's..." He glanced at me, nervousness grimaced his face but it was soon washed away by a smirk. "It's a photo and I'm not to good at description." Sarcasm dancing through his words.  

"Well then, would you mind showing the class? How about we put it on the screen if you like it so much!" He shouted at Josh becoming even more frustrated by his sarcasm. Why did life hate me?  

"Ok sir, I think everyone else would like that very much, even you." Mr stark then quickly took the photo without even looking at it and put it under the projector. 'Please don't work, please don't work' I prayed silently but to my dismay the picture of me popped up on the large screen. 

The crowd of boys turned into zoo animals, laughing, whooping, whistling and I had to sit there until he awkwardly turned off the monitor. "Silence!" He shouted, then looked at me apologetically, "I'm very sorry Mia."

"But she looked great!" Someone shouted from across the room, I sent a glare their way to see Vincent sat happy with himself, This is so embarrassing. I couldn't handle this and it was only my first day, Grabbing my bag I ran out the room and into the deserted hallways. Footsteps were following behind me but I didn't turn back I just quickened my walk until someone grabbed my shoulder. Probably Vic ugh.

"Go away Vic, I know it was you, just because I don't like you anymore, really?" I screamed, I turned around and instantly regretted my decision as Mr Stark was stood there. "Sorry I thought you were someone else."

"Vincent?"

"You heard huh?"

"It was hard not to, you were kinda screaming." He chuckled deeply, I wish the ground could just swallow me up. There, no more Mia, no more photos, no more boys with raging hormones and defiantly no more of this stupid school. "I'm sorry Mia I didn't mean to embarrass you, I didn't know it was of you. If it makes you feel any better I'm sure the boys won't be making fun of you for it."

"It's fine. I'm going to get going now sir," He smiled at me as I walked away, I hope second period is better or at least I don't die of humiliation.

hey again so do you guys like the way I changed the book or for you new guys here, the book? Any pointers? Remember to vote and comment! (: bye ma munchkins :)