Chapter 9

(Published 2.11.17)

There was no way I could say no. I didn't want people to hate me at the start of the year and crushing someone who had just told me something very deep about them probably could do it.

I'm a mess.

My life's a mess.

I stood realising I still had to wake up 1 person; I had only agreed to do one. I nudge Daniel who was looking intently at his phone. "I'm gonna go wake up someone." He nodded in response and I looked up at the clock, half two. That should be late enough.

My victim was a tall boy in my year. I didn't know his name but I did know he was quite popular. He gave me a bad boy vibe. His hair had fallen on his forehead lazily and he was snoring softly wrapped in his blanket tightly. Oh I'm bad.

The worst part of the dare was you had to do it without anyone else waking up so I couldn't just scream at him, no this was going to be much more difficult. I nudge his arm slightly but he didn't ever move and when I tried harder he stirred but didn't wake. I was hoping I wouldn't have to actually touch him but I guess I didn't have any choice, at least it would be a nice surprise for him. 

Slowly I stroked my hand down his face, brushing his hair at the same time. It wasn't working. Trying not to hit the person next to him I lied down getting closer to him. I noticed a small tag on his pillow, Jason. Wow, I didn't think he was the kinda guy to label his things.

"Jason?" I whispered into his ear but he didn't react. "Jason?" I asked again a bit louder this time. Suddenly his eyes flew open revealing his beautiful grey pupils. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked flustered.

"Um I'm sorry I woke you, there was This dare thing I had to wake someone up and you were here." Awkwardness ran through my voice.

"Oh, It's ok," His eyes gazed down to the position we were in and when I realised I was lying on top of him I tried to get off but he stopped me. "Stay. You owe me for waking me up." He stated manner-o-factly. God what was it with these boys and me owing them things.

"Um," I looked into his pleading eyes which were being shone on by the sliver moonlight seeping through the high windows. "Ok I guess?" He uncovered himself letting me under his cover and wrapped his muscular arms around me locking me in. I felt his breathing slow on my neck and I knew he was asleep. Feeling more comfortable I let myself fall asleep in his comforting arms.

***

Light.

Light was all I could see filling my vision. I rubbed my soar eyes and looked up again to see an annoyed Hunter holding a torch in the darkness of the room I was in.

Oh no. It had all came back to me: the power cut, playing truth or dare, promising to date Hunter and then somehow sleeping in Jason's bed. Talking about Jason I noticed an arm was weaved around my waist holding me tight. Of course he was still sleeping.

"I can explain." Was the first thing I said. Well done Mia could you of sounded more guilty. Oh shut up. "I had to wake someone up so I came here and he turned out to be a really deep sleeper so I laid down next to him so I didn't wake up anyone else and when he woke up he said I had to sleep here because I owed him for waking him up and then you came. I'm really sorry but I promise It's not like that. I only just met him last night, obviously I'm still dating you I just kinda forgot last night." I whisper shouted only breathing at the end.

"Mia it was too soon I get it. we shouldn't of even done it in the first place, I'd just wished you'd of told me instead of making me find out like this." The he walked away.

I opened my mouth to say something but closed it again like a goldfish. I knew it was too soon. I knew it would of never worked. I knew I would of ended up doing this eventually. But it hurt because I knew I had let him down. Well thats one person off the list, now I just have to deal with Vincent and Josh. I'm tragic.

The silence was deafening. The darkness was blinding.

***

This time light didn't fill my vision, boys did. Gorgeous boys. When the calvin Klein models realised I was awake they all stood frozen.

"Whats happening?" I questioned them yet none of them spoke until a boy in the year above cleared his throat loudly.

"We were wondering the same thing." He turned to all the boys whom nodded in agreement.

"What do you mean?" The morning daylight was now filling the room and I could see Josh and his goonies in the back watching me. Great.

"Well do you usually share a bed with Jason or not?" I turned around to see Jason, smugness dressing his face. Oh god no. I abruptly stood up not caring that I was only wearing my pyjamas and walked out of the room without getting any of my stuff. If I didn't have to go to school I would be planning on never leaving my room again.

The knock on my door returned again, and I couldn't ignore it anymore. "Go away I don't want to anyone about it!" I shouted unlocking the door. In front of my door he stood apology written all over his face. Well he might as well come in.