Chapter 16

Only a couple chapters left...

Jade's POV:

"PEZ! BABY, ANSWER ME!!" I screamed, my throat raw from calling her name over and over. "Jade, come here!" I heard Jesy call. I ran over to Jesy, who was holding something in her hand. "It's the necklace I gave Perrie from when we were kids!" I gasped. Perrie held on to it? "That means Perrie's around here somewhere," I said, sprinting off in a general direction. 

"Jade!" Jesy shouted. I turned around, and ran back to Jesy. "What?" I asked. "Maybe we should call the police," Jesy suggested. I paused. "Actually, that's a good idea Jesy," I replied. "I know," Jesy said.

"Her name is Perrie Edwards, she's about 5'6 (A/N: Go with it) with long wavy blond hair, and beautiful bright blue eyes," I said. "What was Miss Edwards wearing?" The officer asked. "Last I remember, she was wearing a light grey tank top, and a pair of dark blue ripped jeans," I replied. "Her hair was up in a ponytail."

The officer scribbled some things down. "Thank you Miss-?" "Jade Thirlwall," I replied. "Okay, Miss Thirlwall, I will print out some flyers, if you would give me a picture of her," the officer said. I pulled my picture of Perrie out. She was mid-laugh, smiling at the camera. There was no mistaking the bright twinkle in her eye.

I felt my throat close, and tears fill my eyes as I handed the picture over. "Thank you Miss Thirlwall, I'll send out a search team as well," the officer said. "Thank you," I replied gratefully, wiping my tears away with the back of my hand. 

"I'll find you Perrie," I said with new determination as I fixed my caramel-colored hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my glasses, not wanting to take extra time to put in my contacts. I threw on a t-shirt, and some black Lululemon leggings. I grabbed my phone, and slipped it into a pocket in my leggings. I paused, and fastened Perrie's necklace around my neck.

"Okay, Leigh and Jesy come with me, Camilla and Taylor go that way, and Lydia and Lucy go this way," I said, pointing in multiple directions. They all saluted me, and ran off. Jesy, Leigh, and I ran off into the woods where we had found Perrie's necklace. 

"Lalalala Perrie loves her Jadeeeeeyyyy!" I heard someone sing. I sprinted in the direction of the voice, and emerged on a clearing , and saw Perrie stumbling around, coming dangerously near to toppling off the cliff near the edge of the clearing. "Perrie!" I yelled, sprinting towards her. Perrie turned around, and stumbled towards me. 

I gave up and fell towards Perrie, tackling her in a fierce hug. "Oh Perrie, I was so worried, I thought you had gotten hurt, or worse," I sobbed. "I'm okay, please stop crying," I heard Perrie say. I felt her lips, light as a feather, brush over my forehead.  

I sniffed, and looked up at Perrie who was smiling gently at me. "You're pretty when you're crying," she said, and dissolved in a fit of laughter. I just sighed, and held Perrie closer. "I can't breathe woman!" Perrie said in a strange voice. I looked up at her, and she was staring off into the distance, cross-eyed. 

She disentangled herself from me, and stood up. "Perrie loves...Jadey..." Perrie muttered to herself, stumbling again towards the edge of the cliff. "Perrie!" I shouted, running after her. The cliff started to shake violently, and I was pitched off my feet. My head hit the ground, and pain shot into my skull. 

I saw Perrie struggling to walk over to me. "Jade!" Perrie screamed as the cliff's edge started to crumble, right under her feet. I got up, and ran over to Perrie as the cliff fell away under her feet. I threw my body forward, my fingers locking with Perrie's. 

"I got you!" I breathed, as I struggled to hang on to Perrie. "Grab my arm with your other hand!" I felt Perrie's other hand grab my arm, and I struggled to pull her up over the edge. "You're slipping!" I cried. "If I don't make it," I heard Perrie start to say. 

"Don't say that, you're going to get out of this alive!" I yelled. "If I don't make it, I always loved you Jade. I don't think there was a time when I didn't," Perrie continued. I froze, my hand still gripping Perrie's. Perrie took that opportunity to twist my wrist, making my hand open involuntarily. I gasped. "Perrie, what are you doing?"

"Saving your life," Perrie replied. Even though death was a mere 100 feet below her, Perrie gently smiled at me. "I love you forever, and promise me you won't take your life," she said. "No Perrie, don't let go!" I yelled, tears now free-falling down my face. "Don't forget me," Perrie whispered.

Perrie placed a kiss on my hand, then she let go of my arm. I  screamed her name over and over, my hands reaching for her, but she was already out of reach. I heard Jesy fall to her knees beside me, and I buried my face in her shoulder. "P-Perrie's g-gone," I sobbed into Jesy's shoulder.

An emergency rescue team ran up, beside us, and looked over the edge. "Boys, down there! On that branch!" The leader hollered. I looked over the edge, and saw Perrie tangled in a branch about halfway down the cliff's side. 

As the rescue worker emerged again, with Perrie in his arms, I rushed over to them, and cupped Perrie's face in my hands. "You brave, stupid woman," I sobbed. "You better make it, I don't know what do do without you."

Perrie was wheeled away on a stretcher, and I watched, throat raw. "Perrie's gonna be okay," Jesy said. I fell into Jesy, and she rubbed my back. "Ssh, it's okay, look," Jesy whispered. I looked, and saw Perrie's eyes open, and her crystal blue eyes lock with mine. Perrie smiled tiredly at me, and mouthed, I love you. I mouthed, I love you too, and Perrie smiled wider before her eyes closed again and she slumped onto the pillows again. 

I was filled with new hope. Perrie would make it. She would be okay. 

Hope you like! They're will be probably be maybe two more chapters after this one. This book's coming to a close, and I can't thank you guys enough for your support!