Chapter 10

This is chapter 10! Hope you all enjoy!

Perrie's POV:

I walked into the bustling conference room, and saw Jade sitting there, the seat next to her empty. And the game continues. I slid into the seat next to Jade, and smiled brightly at her. "Hi Jade, how has your day been?" I asked cheerfully. "Okay I guess," Jade replied, looking a bit taken aback by my sudden cheerfulness.

"Really? That's great!" I grinned at her. Jade looked shocked. "Why are you so cheerful?" She asked suspiciously. "Well, I get to spend time close to you, and I get to see your face," I winked at her, and triumphantly watched her face turn red. 

"What's wrong Jade? Are you hot? Your face is so red," I said innocently. Jade glared at me, still as red-faced as before. I smirked, leaned in and whispered, "your face is still red, sweetheart." I pulled away, laughing as Jade's face turned a darker shade of red. "Am not," Jade hissed, touching her hands to her cheeks.

"Alright, people, settle down!" Jesy shouted, and the room silenced. "That's better," Jesy said. "We are here today, to talk about and plan our trip. Miss Edwards, if you would please?" Jesy motioned towards me. 

I cleared my throat, my fingers lacing through Jade's under the table. I felt her stiffen, but not pull away as I began to speak. "We all know that our trip will consist of myself, Jade, Leigh-Anne, Jesy, Camila, Taylor, Lydia, and Lucy. We are all split up by two's in the busses, because of the lack of space in the busses. The groups are as follows: Myself and Jade, Jesy and Leigh-Anne, Camila and Taylor, and finally, Lydia and Lucy," I say as Lauren, our official note-taker, scribbles furiously from her seat next to Camila.

"If you have any questions right now, my assistant, Jade Thirlwall, has been researching everything you could possibly need to know about our upcoming trip. Don't be afraid to ask any questions right now, I'm sure she'll be glad to answer all of them," I continued, squeezing Jade's hand under the table, making her jump.

"Miss Thirlwall, where will we be going on our trip?" Camila asked. "That's a great question, Camila," Jade smiled. "Our trip will take us all the way around the US. We will travel to some not as well known cities, as to spread the word about our business-" Jade cut off abruptly, and flushed. 

Jade's POV:

"...our business-" I stopped speaking as I felt Perrie put her hand on my thigh. My face turned red, and my breath caught. Just Perrie's touch is enough to knock me off my feet! I needed to get myself under control. 

I stood. "I'm sorry," I said evenly, feeling Perrie's fingers lace with mine again. "I need to excuse myself for a minute." And with that, I turned and left, pulling my hand out of Perrie's. "I'll go see what's wrong," I heard Perrie say, all business-like.

I ran. I ran as fast as I could away from the door to the conference room. I didn't want to see Perrie right now. I was scared. So scared that I might love her, and I couldn't bear another rejection.

Flashback:

"I love you so much," Danielle said, trailing kisses down my face and neck. I hummed with contentment. "As I love you," I smiled at Danielle, kissing her cheek. "I gotta go," Danielle stood, pecked my lips, and left, softly shutting the door behind her.

The next day I woke up, my dorm had been trashed. In tears, I ran to Danielle's dorm, and found the door wide open, and her in there, kissing a man! Not just any man, but Jed, my ex-boyfriend from my senior year of high school.

"Oh Jade, didn't see you there," Danielle smirked. "What is this?" I asked, my voice quiet. "Oh Jade, you were my side relationship, I only used you for sex," Danielle laughed, and so did all her friends that I hand't realized where there.

End of flashback.

I gave Danielle all my love, my everything, only for her to throw it  out the window like a piece of garbage. I was scared that Perrie would do the same thing. I had told myself that I would only end up getting hurt if I ever loved again, and told myself that I would never love again. I built up my walls against love, and Perrie broke them. She made me feel a spark of love again, and I'm afraid it's one-sided.

"Jade!" I heard Perrie shout. I turned to see her running towards me, barefoot, her heels clutched in one hand. When Perrie reached me, she threw her arms around me. I gave up, and started to cry into her shoulder. Perrie rubbed my back, and whispered sweet nothings into my ear. "Ssh, you're alright," she cooed.

I pulled away, and laughed. "What am I doing? I'm grown, I'm crying in the middle of work, I'm a mess," I finished miserably. "It's alright," Perrie says softly, using the pad of her thumb to wipe away my tears. "I'll say you got sick, and that you're in no condition to drive yourself," Perrie said confidently. 

"Why are you doing this?" I asked as Perrie turned to leave. "Because you're going to tell me everything when we get to your place," she said seriously. Her face softened when she saw my panicking expression. "Hey, it's okay," she said. "I just want to know everything about you, so I can help you. I'll tell you all about me, too," Perrie said, then she left to go tell our lie to everybody.

  Sorry this was kinda a crappy chapter. Love you all, and thanks for your continuing support!