•43•

•Save the banshee•

*3rd person pov*

-Salvatore boarding house-

     Lydia woke up with a smile on her face, Stefan wrapped his arms around her tightly as he pulled her closer to his chest.

  "Good morning" he whispered in her ear placing a small kiss just below, Lydia whispered a good morning as well before turning herself around to face him. His eyes stayed closed but a smile crept up his face as he felt her staring.  "You're staring" he mumbled, his arm snaking around her waist again.
  "Have you looked in the mirror? You'd be staring too" she giggled, kissing him quickly before ripping the blankets off, heading to the kitchen for breakfast.

     By the time Lydia got into the kitchen, Stefan was already down there grabbing the ingredients. Damn that vampire speed.
  "Can you at least let me help this time?" Lydia whined knowing very well that he'd make her sit down so he could make it.  "Sure" he said while reaching into the cupboard to grab the frying pan. Lydia was a little shocked but quickly got to work before he changed his mind.

     After a little while they had finished breakfast, eggs Benedict with orange juice, an extra English muffin and jam. Lydia smiled at their work before sitting down at the table waiting for Stefan to sit down as well.
     The couple ate their breakfast, clearing their dishes, the front door slammed open. Lydia sighed before her and Stefan walked around the corner to see who it was. Lydia gasped slightly when she saw Damon carrying an unconscious Elena.

  "Plan B brother" he said while carrying her towards the basement.  "She went after someone didn't she?" Lydia asked, crossing her arms as she stared at the place Damon had just disappeared to.  "Bonnie and Caroline, we need her to flip her switch before she does something worse" he told her with a sigh, his once happy expression changed to his normal brooding one. "You go, I'll do dishes" she told him, kissing his cheek, walking towards the kitchen quickly before he could object. He smiled for a second before vamp speeding into his room, changing quickly before speeding down into the cellar.

 He smiled for a second before vamp speeding into his room, changing quickly before speeding down into the cellar

-A day or two later-

     Lydia was currently sitting in the Mystic Grill, doing homework to catch up in school, just because she is a genius, doesn't mean she can finish it all in 5 minutes. Finishing about a third of her work, she decided she had had enough and wanted to go home.
     Walking outside of the grill, she stopped when she remembered that Damon dropped her off before him and Stefan went to help Elena. With a sigh she decided to walk home, it wasn't that far and she wasn't in heels so why not. She got about halfway to the boarding house when she heard a cough in he forest beside her.

  "Lydia? Please help me" she saw the voice coming from her once sane friend Elena. This wasn't good, she doesn't have her flip switched right?  "How did you get out? Where is Stefan and Damon?" She asked, staying away from Elena.
  "I'm sorry Lydia, I'm just so hungry.." she mumbled out before running towards Lydia.

     Elena had dropped Lydia's body and watched it roll into the ditch beside her. She wasn't dead but if she didn't get help soon she would be. Headlights shone from the road above, Matt hopping out of the truck.
     Elena ended up feeding on him too but before she sucked him dry she was flung off by Damon. Stefan appeared as well and they both tried talking to her. Lydia tried moving, speaking, making any noise at all, but she couldn't. She only hoped someone would smell her blood.

     A loud crack was heard and a gasping Elena soon followed, they snapped Matt's neck. Lydia couldn't think straight anymore, her eyesight had become dotty and her breathing was slowing down rapidly. The feeling to scream had started building up but she tried so hard to hold onto life, she didn't want to die, not like this.
     With everything in her, she managed to let out a groan. Stefan heard it and was immediately by the sound.
  "Lydia?!! Lydia hold on, it's okay you're gonna be okay" he quickly told her, biting into his wrist to feed her his blood.
     As the blood ran down her throat, her cuts started to heal but almost as soon as the blood was in her system, she started coughing it up. Why couldn't she keep it down, it's worked before why wasn't it working now? Lydia was healed up a little more than before so she could whisper hospital to Stefan. He nodded and picked her up, vamp speeding to the hospital.

     The doctors got her on a gurney and started running her into surgery. She had lost a lot of blood and was losing consciousness quickly but Stefan ran next to them, telling her she was going to be okay. He stopped once he got to the doors watching the love of his life get wheeled away.

     After the surgery, Lydia was still unconscious. Stefan had fallen asleep in he chair beside her bed, he had spent hours watching over her but sleep overtook him. Lydia woke up with a start, waking up Stefan.
  "What happened?" she asked, she knew what happened but the words seemed to escape her mouth before she could stop them.
  "Elena attacked you, my blood wasn't healing you so I took you here, you're okay now Lydia, you just need to rest" he told her quickly, moving his chair closer to her bed.

  "Why didn't my blood heal you?" He asked her worried, she thought about it for a second before answering.  "When you got to me, I was so close to death that I could feel the scream coming up, when you fed me your blood,  I coughed it up because the scream was coming up. A little bit must've worked because it had healed me enough to hold on so you could get me here." She told him, her eyes watering a little bit by how close to death she was.
     Stefan noticed and grabbed her hands kissing both of them before whispering that she was okay and alive.

     A few stray tears made their way down Lydia's cheeks as Stefan crawled into the bed with her, holding her tightly while kissing her hair. He knew he would never let anything like that happen to her again.

----------

Hello everyone, sorry I haven't updated in a while I kind of lost inspiration but I'm back now and have plenty of ideas for the next few chapters!

Feel free to leave a comment as it helps keep me motivated to continue, I hope you're enjoying the story so far!!