•21•

•How did I miss all of that?•

*3rd person pov*

-Boarding house-

     Elena was a vampire. She had taken a while to decide if she wanted to "live" or if she wanted to die but that was completely understandable because everyone knew she never wanted to be a vampire.
     Apparently Merideth had given Elena some of Damon's blood to help heal her but her injuries were to severe that she ended up dying with vampire blood in her system. Elena was having a lot of trouble keep blood down.
     She couldn't keep the blood bags down which means that she has to drink from the vein. Lydia is a smart girl, she knew something was up but she just wasn't sure what it was yet.

  "I don't know I just can't keep blood front he blood bags down, it's disgusting! It taste like garbage but I also can't drink from the vein.. I-I don't want to risk killing anyone..I can't kill anyone I don't know what I would-" Elena's rant was cut short by Lydia's voice.

  "Elena it's okay! We'll find a way to help you drink without hurting anyone, just stop worrying and we'll talk about something else to take your mind off of it okay?"  Elena smiled at her friend. Lydia was such an amazing person, Elena hated that she had become a vampire, she was scared that people would treat her differently but Lydia didn't.
     Lydia was probably one of the most accepting, she didn't care if Elena was supernatural or not, she was just happy her friend isn't dead dead.

  "Can I rant to you about something else..?" Elena asked Lydia with a bit of nervousness.
  "Of course! What's up?" Lydia asked while leaning in to listen to her friend.

  "It's about Stefan and Damon..." she started while looking into Lydia's eyes, she had a feeling Lydia already knew what she was about to say but she said it anyway.

  "Stefan and I have been butting heads lately..he wants to "fix" me and I understand where he's coming from, he knows I don't want to be a vampire but I chose to finish the transition..this is the new me and I just wish he'd accept that and stop trying to "fix" me! And then there's Damon, he accepts me for what I am now, he makes me feel free he makes me feel-..." Elena stopped her rant and went quiet, she was thinking of something and Lydia was feeling a little nosy so she pushed for the answer.

" Elena stopped her rant and went quiet, she was thinking of something and Lydia was feeling a little nosy so she pushed for the answer

"He makes you feel what?" She asked, she knew what Elena was trying to tell her or at least what she was feeling.
"He makes me feel...alive"

Lydia stared at Elena for a minute and then she looked down at her lap while she thought of a reply.
"Elena...I can't tell you what you should do, that's up to you, but I can tell you that I know both of the Salvatore's would do anything to make you happy. Stefan wants to "fix" you as you put it, but I think he feels bad about you turning. Before any of this vampire nonsense you were normal, you had a normal life and I think he thinks he took that away from you. He wants to "fix" you because he feels guilty for not leaving when he thought he should have. He thinks that if he would've just left, you wouldn't be in this situation. He loves you and he just wants you to be happy. Damon on the other hand, I've noticed is telling you to enjoy being a vampire. He has been helping you with your feeding problems, your new abilities, everything! He wants you to embrace your new lifestyle and I think that's great that he accepts you for you, I know that's what you want everyone to do but some things take time. Damon and Stefan both love you very much Elena, and I know you feel something for both of them but...you can't have both of them.." Lydia ranted but got a little quieter towards the end.

Elena smiled as Lydia spoke but when she said that she couldn't have both, Elena frowned because she knew it was true. She couldn't have both, she couldn't become Kathrine 2.0, she couldn't string them both along. It wasn't fair to either of them, they didn't deserve it.

  "I know that' sounds kind of harsh but I've noticed these last few months that ever since Stefan was taken by Nik, you and Damon had gotten closer

"I know that' sounds kind of harsh but I've noticed these last few months that ever since Stefan was taken by Nik, you and Damon had gotten closer. I know you still love Stefan and maybe you don't love Damon in a romantic way yet but there's definitely something there. It's your choice Elena...you do what makes you happy, you do what feels right...I have to go, Carol wants me home but before I go I want you to remember this,...loving someone and being in love with someone are two different things. Whatever you decide to do I'll always support you okay, I promise! Now I've gotta go so you do what you gotta and tell me all about it, bye lena" Lydia finished her second rant while grabbing her bag and walking out while waving goodbye to Elena.

 Whatever you decide to do I'll always support you okay, I promise! Now I've gotta go so you do what you gotta and tell me all about it, bye lena" Lydia finished her second rant while grabbing her bag and walking out while waving goodbye to Elena

-Two days later-

Lydia was sitting at the island in the kitchen doing her homework when she got a call from Damon. Lydia was so wrapped up in trying to make sure Elena was okay she didn't really notice what was going on around her. She felt terrible for leaving her other friends out, she'd have to hangout with everyone soon.
Damon told Lydia all about what she had missed:
•There is a new threat in town, a hunter
•Jeremy became a hunter and now had a mark that was sorta like a tattoo
•Apparently there's a cure for vampirism
•Elena has moved into the boarding house to stay away from a vampire killing Jeremy
•Apparently it was Rebekah that caused Matt and Elena to drive off the bridge, she'd have to yell at her for that sometime soon
•Stefan and Elena broke up-
     Wait what?! What do you mean they broke up? Lydia was shocked and confused. She didn't really know how she felt about that.
     How did she miss all of that in only a couple of days? Oh yeah, she almost forgot about Tyler coming back! She was still a little mad and upset that he left just like that, she knew he really wanted to break the sire bond but he just left and didn't answer anyone's calls, it was annoying. They just started growing this sibling bond and then he just left, it's almost as if he fell of the face of the planet. She'd have to yell at him for that sometime soon too.

     While Lydia was thinking, again, one thought stuck to the back of her head, sire bond. She didn't know why she kept thinking about it but she was determined to figure it out.
     Sire bond...