•24•

•The talk•

*3rd person pov*

-Lockwood mansion-

Stefan had just gotten to the front door of the Lockwood home, he contemplated putting Lydia down so he could knock but he really didn't want to let her go.
Luckily for him Carol was just leaving.

"Stefan?-what happened is she okay?" Carol asked surprised and then worried when she saw Lydia in his arms.

"Yeah she's okay, her and Elena got in a fight-no one got hurt, I'm going to take her upstairs and see if she'll talk to me" Stefan answered, pulling Lydia closer to his chest.
Carol let out a relieved sigh and nodded before opening the door wider so he could walk through. She told him she'd be back later and if he wanted to stay for dinner he could.

Stefan carried Lydia upstairs, opening her door and closing it with his foot. He sat her down on her bed and took off his jacket as she took off her shoes and jacket.

"Thank you Stefan.." Lydia whispered, knowing he heard her, he sent her a small smile and nodded sitting beside her.

"I'm gonna get changed, make yourself comfortable.." she spoke a little louder while walking into her closet.
Lydia walked back out in a pair of shorts, fuzzy socks, a big t-shirt, and her hair up in a messy bun. Stefan was looking around her room when she walked out. Lydia saw him looking a picture. Her and her dad.
Lydia smiled as the memory flashed through her head, her smile quickly left when she remembered what happened to him.

"That's my dad...I was six, that was my very first time at the amusement park. That was one of the few times when life was so simple, we were both so happy and now that's all changed. He wanted to take the picture so I would remember the happy times...that's why I bring it everywhere.." Lydia told him quietly, scared that if she spoke any louder she would breakdown..again.

"The way you talk about him, he sounds like a really good father" Stefan said, hoping to lighten the mood. Lydia smiled and nodded.

"Lyds, we can talk later okay...let's watch a movie or something, Carol said I could stay for dinner if I wanted too so maybe we could talk after that.." said spoke quietly while walking towards the bed Lydia was sitting on, taking a seat beside her.
Lydia smiled happily at the idea and nodded quickly while running into her closer to grab her box of movies, Stefan laughed at her enthusiasm while heading downstairs to make some popcorn. When he came back up he saw Lydia huddled up under her blankets with her head poking out, he smiled once again.

     Three bowls of popcorn later, Lydia and Stefan had just finished the third Harry Potter movie, they were planning on finishing he whole series but Carol had called them for dinner

Stefan and Lydia walked downstairs into the dining room and sat down with Carol, Tyler was with Caroline trying to win her back so he couldn't make it.

"So how was your movie marathon?" Carol asked the two teenagers in front of her.
"Lydia insisted that we watched the whole Harry Potter series, the fact that she practically knows it word for word is pretty amusing.." Stefan answered back sending Lydia a teasing smirk.

"Shut up Stefan! You've never even seen Harry Potter!" She laughed back while jokingly hitting his arm.
The three finished their dinner and cleaned up before heading off to bed, Carol was going to bed, Stefan and Lydia were going to talk some more before he had to leave.

-A few hours later-

Lydia had told Stefan the whole story, even though he already knew the end he really tried to listen to the beginning but it was hard with her sniffling and sobbing. She cried while she told him because she felt bad, guilty even, she didn't mean to hurt her friend but she hurt her too.

     Stefan hugged her and told her it was going to be okay, they were best friends of course they would makeup, they just needed some time to cool down

Many hours had passed and Lydia had cried herself to sleep, curled up in Stefan's arms and clinging onto his shirt. Stefan knew staying wasn't a very good idea, what if Carol walked in? He pushed his thoughts away and cuddled Lydia closer to him, dozing off himself with a small smile playing on his lips.

-Next morning-

Carol walked across the hall to wake up Lydia, she thought Stefan had left after they talked so she was surprised to see him holding her daughter as they both slept. They must've fallen asleep after they talked so she let it slide, she thought they were cute together so she snapped a photo before shaking Lydia's shoulder.

"Lydia sweetheart, Elena called and wanted to meet you at the grill at around lunch time, I just thought you should know" Carol spoke quietly, Lydia woke up when Carol shook her and listened to what she had said.
Lydia was still half asleep so she hadn't noticed Stefan's arm wrapped around her waist. Lydia fell back asleep when Carol closed the door, she woke up when she felt something pulling her, she felt an arm around her waist and that's when she really woke up.

She quickly sat up and looked to her left seeing a now awake Stefan. He looked confused and she found it cute. She snapped out of it when she remembered that Carol had just woken her up.

"Stefan! Carol just woke me up to tell me Elena wanted to meet!"

"So? You don't have to go if you don't want to" he told her not getting what she was hinting at.

"No-that's not what I'm saying, she saw you here!" She whisper yelled while getting out of her bed, throwing her arms out to make her point.
"Obviously she didn't care very much, we're adults, it's not like we did anything wrong... we just watched movies and talked, she knows that" he told her while also getting out of bed, he walked over to her while grabbing her hands.
"About the Elena thing...I can go with you if you want, if she tries anything I'll stop her okay?"
Lydia smiled and whispered okay while he pulled her into a hug, feeling his chin lay on top of her head.
This was going to be an interesting day.